“Great getaway”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #67 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Patricia Grand. It's a nice hotel and the staff was great! I would stay here again. The food at central station was okay. The buffet was just too closed in and small so people were so close to the food. There was a long piece of hair in my grits probably from others being all over the food. The waitresses were excellent and got me more grits from the back.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms were excellent.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 November 2013

My stay was pleasant, but not exceptional. We chose the Patricia Grand on recommendation of my brother, who stays there annually during the summer months. Due to the poor weather during the period of our stay, we spent more time in our room than we normally would. I found having to go "outside" to get to the spa, dinning room, or lobby made the experience more like staying at a motel than a luxury hotel. The furnishings were nice, but starting to show wear. The staff were all pleasant. The dinning room was very nice, and I really enjoyed the Thanksgiving dinner. The chef and staff is to be congratulated for a warm presentation of an excellent meal. Sound proofing of room could be improved.

Room Tip: In poor weather, be aware you will be exposed to the elements in travel to soda machine, ice machine...
Reviewed 27 November 2013

First time visitor. I loved it. I plan to come back again and again. The hotel was more than aesthetically pleasing. We happened to be there two days before Thanksgiving. They were putting up their beautiful tree and holiday wreaths. The property itself had everything we needed to enjoy our time. The room was comfortable and the amenities were great. I had read reviews that mentioned loud elevators, and things not working but I discovered quickly that this property is in great shape and well maintained. I loved the pools and hot tubs and made quite a few trips around the lazy river. I plan to return again as soon as my schedule will allow. We travelled with our dog as well and I expected the see some wear and tear in the pet friendly room we stayed in. Much to my surprise there was no sign a pet had ever been in that room. My senses are very sensitive to this sort of thing and It seemed just as though our pet was the first to stay there. I loved the hotel and we had nothing but great customer service. They are doing a fine job and I cannot waiti to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 17th floor south side
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We checked in on 10-31-13 for the weekend. we paid with our debit card. When I checked our bank account on Monday after we left, The Patricia Grand had debited our account two times. I called and started the process of trying to retieve our money on Tuesday. I was told the problem was with their processor. It took 10 seconds for them to take my money, but 12 days and alot of fuss raised for them to return my money. I work in an Internal Medicine facility and a patient who heard me talking to Patrica Grand said the same thing had happened to her. Perhaps a new processor would solve this continuing problem. The stay was excellent, I couldn't ask for better. The room was clean and service was great, but I will pay with cash on the next visit.

1  Thank rcbjbb1984
OceanaResorts, Guest Relations Manager at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We apologize for any inconvenience that these duplicate charges have caused our guests and thank those affected for their patience.

We are working closely with our processing company who has taken full responsibility for the error and reversing incorrect charges accordingly.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here on a bus trip and were very pleased with the accommodations. The room was comfortable, the ocean view was gorgeous, the included breakfast buffet was way above average.
We had a cold snap while we were there and th open air hallways were a little uncomfortable, but after all was said and done I'd stay again.
A really nice place to stay near downtown Myrtle Beach.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Goldwingtriker
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My family and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Pateicia Grand. My brother is autistic and just diagnoses with terminal leukemia. We brought him to the beach for the night where he could relax and enjoy himself. He did just that! The lazy river was a treat for him and the view from our room was spectacular. Your staff were friendly and very helpful during our stay. Thank you so much for making his last visit to the beach such a memorable one. God bless!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

The room was nice and the view of the ocean was awesome. I would definitely stay there again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Stayed in a double bed oceanfront efficiency room and we had more than enough space.

• Stayed: November 2013