“Very nice hotel on the beach at an affordable price”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Columbus, Ohio
“Very nice hotel on the beach at an affordable price”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Patricia Grand exceeded my expectations. For the very low price that I got it at, I had a room with a balcony overlooking the beach, a VERY comfortable bed and nice clean room, and good customer service. My only complaint would be that my bathroom outlet didn't work, so I had to do my hair by the nightstand. I also waited for about 15-20 minutes for another hair dryer to be brought to my room, so that made me a little later than I wanted. Lastly, if you're looking to be near all the action of the strip, this hotel is a bit further away down Ocean Blvd than others. That being said, it was only like a $5 dollar cab ride to get where the action was. Highly recommend and would stay again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We arrived at the Patricia Grand 6 hours early coming from NJ driving all night and the staff was nothing but accommodating. We got a oceanfront efficiency view off groupon for 5 nights. They offered us a room at 11:30 but we really wanted a higher room and asked for more of a private balcony. After reading other reviews some said their balcony wasn't private. So they ended up giving us the 19th floor private balcony view. It was the most gorgeous view ever. Exactly what we wanted. The whole 5 days we were there the staff was nothing but helpful. The pool and the beach were great. The maids were spot on with cleaning. We did not have one problem with this hotel. If you stay there ask the front desk to get you a cab it was only 5 bucks to get to broadway at the beach. Also go to Dirty Dons Oyster Bar on 21st for amazing fresh seafood. We also slept with the balcony door open for fresh ocean breeze. No bugs or birds flew in incase you were wondering. We will mostly deff be back!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My boyfriend and I made our way to the Patricia Grand for a quick weekend getaway. We grabbed a 113.00 oceanfront room rate which i thought was fair.
The facility is older but they have done a decent job of keeping it well maintained and kept up to the best of their ability.
check-in was just OK... the staff was busy with other duties so our first impressions werent the best. We felt rushed but just passed it on to it being the change of shift. However, every other staff member we came in contact with was very courtious and helpful. I was happy with the interactions.
The AC was nice and cool and the TV was great. The mattress was older and could've been replaced but other than that there werent any other complaints.
it was a bit more south than i would've liked but it's pretty centrally located and really close to broadway on the beach! Great for a short trip!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2014

After having an awful experience with a hotel the night before, this was a very pleasant experience. We will definitely be back! The room was clean and the staff was very friendly. Starbucks in the hotel was also a plus!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

From the time we got there til the time we checked out it was Great! Ask for Ben the Bellmen Great Guy and Ask for Connie at The Front Desk! Great Breakfast Buffett and you can walk to Putt Putt. We took our dog and she Loved it, they have a dog area right beside the Hotel, so it made it very easy to that Sookie out. This is a Great Resort to Stay at. I give them 5 Stars and I DO Not normal give 5 Stars to any Hotel!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was looking for a romantic weekend getaway with my husband and had stayed at a resort 1/4 mile the road in the recent past. They, however would not give me a room for 2 nights, had to be a 3 night minimum due to bike week. I was a returning customer and gave them rave reviews on tripadvisor. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. Everything happens for a reason as I stumbled upon Oceana Resorts page. The rest speaks for itself. I will never stay anywhere else when in the Myrtle Beach area other than one of the Oceana Resort properties. The Patricia Grand was amazing and exceeded my expectations, from the courteous staff, the room condition and the amenities. Thank you and I look forward to staying with you all again.
I also really enjoyed seeing all the travelers with their doggies.
Lisa Graham

Room Tip: what other way to go when staying on the beach than an ocean front room?
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 May 2014

excessive check in time, limited in front check in parking, walk thru room was not acceptable. Hotel undergoing renovation, hammering and sawing until 9 PM or later, front desk staff except for one girl was rude, arrogant......second room seen and found to be acceptable. Limited service in the hotel, had one breakfast the 6 days were there, otherwise had to travel out of the hotel. This was supposed to be a sought vacation but ended up one hellish nightmare,......Do not waste your money on this hotel and even if the room is free (ours was north of $125 a nite), GO ELSEWHERE.......

Room Tip: Save your money......if this was an example of M Beach, KEEP IT!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
OceanaResorts, Marketing Coordinator at The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Patricia Grand. We apologize for any noise or inconvenience you experienced while we are in the process of renovating some of our rooms. Our renovations will soon be complete. In the meantime, if any guest is unhappy with their room, we will do everything possible to rectify the situation. We do serve breakfast in our restaurant, Grand Central Station, seven days a week from 7:00 am until 11:00 am.