“Perfect view room 618”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location it’s within walking distance of anything anyone could want or need.
Little gift shop came in handy when I needed a birthday candle. Just loved my room a perfect view of the beach & ocean, able to watch people at the pool.
The internet connection was inoperable and falling in the parking garage on the 2nd level because of insignificant lighting were my only issues.

Room Tip: The center is perfect, room 618 is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Connie W

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Not bad for Myrtle Beach. Our room on the 8th floor was fairly clean but small with kitchenette and refrigerator and all cooking utensils in place. Every room has an ocean view and the beach is really grand. We had a wonderful time in the just right temperature pool and the beach is right there steps away. Plenty of towels and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The noise from the air-conditioner kept us awake all night. Do not eat at the restaurant unless you like sloppy and greasy cheap food that looks and tastes awful. It is not appetizing to look at waitresses that wear dirty clothes and walk around looking miserable. I found a clump of hair on my food and when the waitress brought my wine she took it back because she found something in it. Needless to say I lost my appetite. Same with breakfast, a lot of food in quantity but no quality, greasy and tasteless. Other than that, Myrtle beach is what it is and always will be and people watching is better there than watching bad reality TV.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is just ok. Love the layout and the fact there is a sofa and Murphy bed. Kitchen is nice; refrigerator was very clean. I'm a little picky and notice things like air vents that need cleaning. Furniture is worn. Carpet needed cleaning. Tile grout in bath was really dark and dirty especially in corners. 2 full closets with mirror doors were nice. Full balcony that wrapped and gave good ocean view and city view was nice. Lots of balcony chairs and small table. Sink in bath is older. Tub was clean. Air conditioning unit was right by bed and very noisy especially when it came on at night. Very nice pool with some chairs in shade. Nice central location. nice to have 2 tv's. I would probably not stay again because I like a cleaner bathroom. Staff was nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow. Ask for room on lower floor.
1  Thank Ladyjanis
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Upon arrival the staff at the front desk and lobby cordially and professionally greeted us and promptly attended to our luggage and room requests. The room was ready in a timely fashion allowing us time to relax and kick into vacation mode. Throughout our stay always being greeted with a smile was an added plus! Location, location, location: pools, restaurant, fitness center and beach only adds to a great vacation! It's been this way over the years! Have been a frequent visitor for over a decade and will continue to return!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights,and the experience was great. I highly recommend the valet parking.
8 dollars a day was well worth not having to go across the street to the parking garage.
We usually don't eat breakfast at the place we sleep but we figured we would give it a try. Very good. I'm a Southern man and it's very difficult to find gravy that is to my liking at a restaurant,I couldn't stop eating it.
The beds were very comfortable and the AC unit stayed on all night. Even when it wasn't cooling the fan would still blow. I'm used to a fan running all night. Loved that part of it. There was allot of people but the noise level in the room was almost non existent. Very quiet!! A+ on that. Slept like a baby!
The only reason I'm not giving a rating of 5 is because the outdoor pool was 75 degrees in June. No one was in the pool very much at all. The pool man said it had a leak and they had to pump water in continuously to maintain the levels. Not a big issue though because the huge salt water ocean was only steps away.

2  Thank Robert D
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I came over for a four day weekend. Overall the staff was good and helpful. The room we were originally slated for was not as expected so we paid for an upgrade and were happy with it. The kitchen and living room were a nice addition. The room was clean and fairly updated. The bathroom was small but functional. The balcony was very nice to have. We enjoyed listening to the waves as we slept. the pool was good. The bar was adequate. The lunch at Grand Station was a pretty good deal and tasty. Breakfast was as you would imagine. Beachfront good. We could have done without the loud, high intensity water aerobics at lunchtime in the pool. PAINFUL! Overall, I would stay again with the upgrade.

Room Tip: Choose a non pet friendly room, upgrade to living room and kitchen, choose a mid level floor if poss...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The resort was very nice, the beds were very comfortable. We had an issue with living room AC, but they fixed it the next day. We would go back in a heartbeat.. Beautiful view of the ocean, we had an oceanfront rrom with Murphy bed in living room. We had 4 adults and all beds were used. It was absolutely GREAT.