“Perfect getaway”

The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts
Ranked #52 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Perfect getaway”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

From the moment I was greeted at the front desk by Diahann -very friendly and extremely helpful with finding the perfect room to the young man who assisted with our luggage the experience we had at your resort could not have been more perfect. We plan to come back in September for another visit and will definitely stay at the Patricia Grand. Loved the location and it's close proximity to area attractions. First class experience from start to finish. Thanks for a great trip!

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (509)
Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I take two trips a year to myrtle beach and try new hotels every time. While I will say that almost all the staff were terrific and the hotel itself was very nice, too many little annoyances over the course of the week kept me from giving it 5 stars. First of all the parking garage is a nightmare. Took 15-20 minutes to get in or out in a little Ford focus. Second, our ac unit had a mind of its own. It would run perfectly all night and be 65 in the room. But when we would leave for the day we would return to find it off and 75 in the room. Not what you want when you've been out in the heat all day! Next issue would be the elevators. We took the stairs many times because after waiting 20 minutes for one to come it would be completely full. This became a particular problem at check out. We were packed and ready by 10 but had to make two trips to get it all in the car. It took 1 full hour to take the elevator down twice. Ridiculous! My last problem was our housekeeper who told my boyfriend that he could either sit on the deck or go downstairs while she cleaned. She made it very clear to him that he wasn't to be in the room while she was. Also, I'm not a fan of the layout of the decks. I understand its so that they have more "oceanfront" rooms, but I hate that an entire side of the hotel was looking straight at our balcony. Really the hotel itself is very nice and clean, but over the course of the week we just had far too many small annoyances for me to want to come back.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jleigh07
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Great location it’s within walking distance of anything anyone could want or need.
Little gift shop came in handy when I needed a birthday candle. Just loved my room a perfect view of the beach & ocean, able to watch people at the pool.
The internet connection was inoperable and falling in the parking garage on the 2nd level because of insignificant lighting were my only issues.

Room Tip: The center is perfect, room 618 is perfect for a couple.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Connie W
Ninety Six, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Not bad for Myrtle Beach. Our room on the 8th floor was fairly clean but small with kitchenette and refrigerator and all cooking utensils in place. Every room has an ocean view and the beach is really grand. We had a wonderful time in the just right temperature pool and the beach is right there steps away. Plenty of towels and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The noise from the air-conditioner kept us awake all night. Do not eat at the restaurant unless you like sloppy and greasy cheap food that looks and tastes awful. It is not appetizing to look at waitresses that wear dirty clothes and walk around looking miserable. I found a clump of hair on my food and when the waitress brought my wine she took it back because she found something in it. Needless to say I lost my appetite. Same with breakfast, a lot of food in quantity but no quality, greasy and tasteless. Other than that, Myrtle beach is what it is and always will be and people watching is better there than watching bad reality TV.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is just ok. Love the layout and the fact there is a sofa and Murphy bed. Kitchen is nice; refrigerator was very clean. I'm a little picky and notice things like air vents that need cleaning. Furniture is worn. Carpet needed cleaning. Tile grout in bath was really dark and dirty especially in corners. 2 full closets with mirror doors were nice. Full balcony that wrapped and gave good ocean view and city view was nice. Lots of balcony chairs and small table. Sink in bath is older. Tub was clean. Air conditioning unit was right by bed and very noisy especially when it came on at night. Very nice pool with some chairs in shade. Nice central location. nice to have 2 tv's. I would probably not stay again because I like a cleaner bathroom. Staff was nice and friendly.

Room Tip: Elevator is slow. Ask for room on lower floor.
1 Thank Ladyjanis
Woburn
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Upon arrival the staff at the front desk and lobby cordially and professionally greeted us and promptly attended to our luggage and room requests. The room was ready in a timely fashion allowing us time to relax and kick into vacation mode. Throughout our stay always being greeted with a smile was an added plus! Location, location, location: pools, restaurant, fitness center and beach only adds to a great vacation! It's been this way over the years! Have been a frequent visitor for over a decade and will continue to return!

• Stayed June 2014
Landrum, South Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed 4 nights,and the experience was great. I highly recommend the valet parking.
8 dollars a day was well worth not having to go across the street to the parking garage.
We usually don't eat breakfast at the place we sleep but we figured we would give it a try. Very good. I'm a Southern man and it's very difficult to find gravy that is to my liking at a restaurant,I couldn't stop eating it.
The beds were very comfortable and the AC unit stayed on all night. Even when it wasn't cooling the fan would still blow. I'm used to a fan running all night. Loved that part of it. There was allot of people but the noise level in the room was almost non existent. Very quiet!! A+ on that. Slept like a baby!
The only reason I'm not giving a rating of 5 is because the outdoor pool was 75 degrees in June. No one was in the pool very much at all. The pool man said it had a leak and they had to pump water in continuously to maintain the levels. Not a big issue though because the huge salt water ocean was only steps away.

2 Thank Robert D