I stayed at the Sands Ocean Club Resort 4/12/14 - 4/19/14 with my 3 Teenage Daughters and a Girlfriend and her teenage daughter for a total party of 6. We had Condo 627 which had a BEAUTIFUL view of the Ocean. Here are some good and bad points:
Good: Beautiful Beach, Outdoor Pool is nice, Loved when the bands played at Ocean Annie's right next to the Pool (great music for hours) and they had a little area where the kids could buy ice cream, hamburgers, ect. The location was very good as well as the drive to Broadway at the Beach was about 10 minutes.
Bad: On either side of the Resort there is public parking for Beach Access. This is bad as there were MANY people using the indoor pools that were not guest of the Resort. We know this as we had 4 teenage girls down chatting with people in the pool and again and again they were told by people in the pool that they had just walked in off of the beach to use the pool as it was chilly during the timeframe we were visiting. That is SCARY!! We kept a close eye on the kids because of this. Also, the indoor pool is filled with Ocean water, so it is always cloudy looking. The hallways, hallway carpeting and elevators are in need of some refurbishing.
I don't think I would stay here again only, but there were some Resorts close by that I will be looking into for next year as I did love the beach and the location of this Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Featuring 1, 2, and 3 Bedroom Condos with all the amenities, including spectacular ocean views from your private balcony and a spacious beachfront deck with indoor and outdoor pools, a lazy river and hot tubs, Sands Ocean Resort has everything you need for a great vacation experience without leaving the property. We are also home of the famous Ocean Annie's Beach Bar located on our oceanfront pool deck. For guests looking to explore Myrtle Beach's popular attractions, restaurants and shopping, or tee it up for a round of championship golf, Sands Ocean Club is only a short distance away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sands Ocean Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sands Ocean Club Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Club Resort Myrtle Beach
- Sands Ocean Resort