Sands Ocean Club Resort
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$65
US$53
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$90
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
US$78
  • Pool
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$52
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$88
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$207
US$178
Hotels.com
1,026 results
All reviewssandals loungeriver city cafebeach barlazy riveroutdoor poolbarefoot landingfamily vacationoceankaraokeblastmyrtlescwaterparkbroadway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Terrible experience. Room was not as advertised. Expected a 3 bedroom condo, was given a 2 bedroom with an efficiency attached. The units are too outdated to even try to explain. Horrendous. Spoke with the manager, told him I refused to stay in a room that bad. He explained that the units are individually owned and they have no control over the upkeep of the rooms. Was given another room which was better but in No Way worth the money. Please don't stay here. Comforters are a minimum of 20 years old. Cabinet drawers are broken. Oven rusted. Absolutely disgusted.

5  Thank Mike P
Sands R, Sands Digital Marketing at Sands Ocean Club Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Thank you for your review. As we are continually trying to improve our operations, your detailed feedback provides us with the opportunity to gain valuable information.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed here from July 20- July 23. My friend loves this place. I prefer a little more relaxing. We stayed in room 1005. We had a side ocean room above the lazy river facing ocean annies. The room has a lot of wear and tear. You can tell these rooms are rented a lot. The bed dipped in the middle and was very uncomfortable. I consider this resort a party resort. Ocean Annies outside then another lounge inside. I did enjoy River City being inside of the resort and always has great food. Tons of people using the pools. I think the entire neighborhood shares the same pools. I am on the balcony all hours of the day and night and never seen the first person cleaning the pools or around the pools. The chairs by the lazy river were in the same place in the mornings that they were the night before. This place is a little run down. But if you are looking for a hopping spot, this is your place.

4  Thank OfcWolfe

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Our first night the A/C didn't seem like it was working. Called the front desk and she said that maintenance could come and look at it but it was 11 pm at night and I didn't really want them working on the A/c that late at night.. Just wanted some sleep. Next day I looked at the A/C and found its filter to be grossly in need of cleaning. I cleaned it myself and the A/C worked well after that. The filter in the bathroom was also in need of being changed. Room 301.

Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Timothy S

Reviewed 30 July 2014

In the past 3 years, we have stayed at the Avista, Roxanne, Holiday Inn Pavillion, Surfside Resort, and Captain's Quarters. We have made return trips to all. We will not be making a return to Sands Ocean Club.

This is partially an indictment against the Sands and partially against our families taste. We checked in on a Sunday to an outdated 1990 ish 1 bedroom condo overlooking Ocean Annie's. No real issue here as I know that each condo is furnished by owners and it seems that the owners of 1838 and 1839 like the cash that comes from their condo and really don't want to invest too much in more colorful bedspreads, newer couches, kitchen cookware (gag), and tv's. And that is okay. We just want a place to lay our heads that is clean....Clean...oh boy...
So we checked in Sunday to find no shower curtain, no toiletries, no toliet paper and no towels. And yes, we rented from the Sands and not an owner.

So we went to the front desk and were rewarded two towels with the promise of more later. Okay. No big deal. I understand shortages and yes, more did come later.
Monday found two girls knocking on our door at 4pm with towels only and wanting to know if we needed full room service. Seeing no buggy, I just said towels were okay. They had me sign a paper and went on their way.

Tuesday were again out of toiletries and a knock on the door asking what cha need came about 2pm. They spoke to my son and he asked for tp and they were on their way. My wife made a call to housekeeping stating that we needed full service. Didn't happen.
I called at 4:30pm for a follow up and spoke to a kind person that said the cavalry was on the way. Well the cavalry must have been drinking bitter lemonade as when they arrived they were angry. She saw that tub and said look at this nasty sheet. I mentioned that we had not had any service since we checked in Sunday and the lady said she did not work this floor. Oh did I mention that I was vacuuming as they arrived.

Later the lady said that my son told her that we only needed tp. Yet she said she did not work this floor. They finished where I left off and left without a goodbye or solong. I never knew they left. A little later a nice lady said she forgot to give us a pillow case and handed it to me. I was surprised at her helpfulness.

Now Wednesday and we have not seen a soul as 5pm approaches. I will have to make a call and the Lord only knows what will happen. Still two more days here so we don't expect much and we are not disappointed.

The free lunches, the free water park tickets, golf and go karts are nice. Liked the bands too. Location is crowded but it is July at the beach. What do you expect? Having a clean room and having toilet paper without asking for it seems to be too much to expect from the Sands staff. And a we'll try harder reply does not negate having to be subjected to cold attitudes for someone not doing their job.

6  Thank socarcubs64

Reviewed 29 July 2014

The worst hotel experience I have ever had! The room was infested with roaches and dead bugs all over the carpet. The a/c unit had some type of corrision all over it! The space between wall and mattress had all sorts of dirt and dead bugs! The icing on the cake...we had a wagon with 6 beach chairs and towels in front of our room waiting to get the vehicle to load it into our car and it was stolen. I called the front desk to make them aware a provide a description so they could alert staff and the response I got was..."sorry I don't mean to sound mean but if it was not inside your room it was free game." What a great attitude? It sounds like they mave have used that line before to their guest!

4  Thank Meme3381