“Beyond a doubt the BEST hotel in Myrtle Beach, SC!”
Review of Island Vista

Island Vista
Ranked #5 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Island Vista is an awesome family hotel. It combines fine southern charm and elegance with contemporary accomodations. Gail & Mykayla work the front desk and immediately make you feel welcome. Sam, Phillip, & Henry make every meal in the Cypress Room a delicious treat & a sweet memory. My daughter Emily & I were planning our next trip before we ever completed this one. The accomodations were absolutely spotless from the first day to the last day. The only bad part of our vacation at Island Vista was leaving it.

2  Thank Donna H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,368)

Reviewed 28 June 2014

My family and I have been staying here for about 4 years in a row now and are impressed every year! The pools are great for the kids and all the children activities. My children enjoyed tie-dying and the smoothies and lunch from the tiki hut. The maid service is great and we are coming to stay in about 2 weeks. I've never been disappointed with this hotel. When we were forced to cancel one spring break trip due to my son's emergency surgery we booked our summer stay and they were very understanding and convenient! My kids love meeting the other kids and watching the Hula show as well. Great job Island Vista, keep it up!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Haylee M
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I will start off by saying I'm not a huge fan of Myrtle Beach. I went there for a "beach week" when I graduated from grad school in 2012 and we stayed in an awful, horrible, bed bugged hotel. When I had to travel here for work in June 2014, I was less than excited. The organization picked this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised! Half of us stayed on the top floor ("penthouse", lol) and the rest of level 9. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment, which is really like an apartment with washer/dryer, full frig/dishwasher and a fully stocked kitchen (plates, cups, glasses, etc). Others stayed in a three bedroom apartment that would easily be spacious enough for a family with kids. Even the one bedroom, if you put the kids on the couch. We even ordered room service from the hotel one night - eating crab cakes and shrimp & grits. I was pleasantly surprised by the food - its not 5 star but it was delicious. While we were eating dinner at sunset, there sounded like some kind of Polynesian dancing with fire show (a little cheesy, and maybe ethnically insensitive - I couldn't tell if there was actual Polynesians) but the kids seemed to be having fun. Each apartment/room has an ocean view with rocking chairs on the balcony to watch the kite surfers and the waves. My room did smell a little musky - like maybe it used to be a smokers room or had a little bit of mold. I didn't get into the pool (grr work!) but there were three outside pools and one or two covered pools. The happy hour was so cheap! (2 pina coladas for only $13!). Lots of families and kids. It appeared to be walking distance to a grocery store because I saw lots of people bringing in food, as well as Baskin Robbins/Crispy Creme. Would be a great place for a family vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank scstar2000
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The grass area was too congested. The house keeping staff left a toilet brush on my kitchen counter. There was mold in the master shower. The beds were thrown together daily and two days the vacuuming did not appear to get done. The refrigerator had to be repaired and the dishwasher did not sufficiently clean the dishes. The kitchen was not stocked well enough for a three bedroom condo. I could not make bacon and eggs for our family as there were no Teflon skillets. There is only one ice machine and it's near the lobby. We stayed at Dunes Village last time but decided to try Island Vista this year based off ratings. I am disappointed especially considering the price I payed!
On the good side, the balcony was huge, the view is amazing. The air conditioning rocked, the beds are very comfy and the tiki hut is very reasonable. The guests that stay here are friendly and there is no "Riff Raff". The hula show was a lot of fun for kids and adults alike. The elevators were quick and the staff was friendly. I am not sure we would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you plan on cooking call for details about what to expect. There is music at one pool only and t...
2  Thank Rich G
Marc A, Manager at Island Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest…

Thank you for your recent review and especially for the good things you mentioned. Our resort is about the size of a city block, and is located in the middle of an old exclusive residential neighborhood… our oceanfront lawn is situated surrounding the pool decks, extends the entire length of the property, and is often the subject of very positive comments. However, it is bordered by the sandy shore of the Atlantic, and that circumstance limits the size of the area that we can dedicate to planting grass. The other issues do have solutions, though, and in the form of the various departments that are here to serve you. We have distinct guidelines regarding the cleanliness and function of our resort, and it is this high standard that we wish to provide to our guests at all times. If something breaks or if a special service is requested, we always respond right away with the solution… any such request creates a recorded trail so that we can be sure a guest’s expectations were met. I am glad to hear that you had quick response for the issue with your refrigerator, but apart from that, I did not find any reports associated with your stay. I can assure you that if you had let us know your needs, we would have taken every step possible to provide the solution immediately. Guest service is our top priority always here at the Island Vista. Thank you again for choosing us as host for your recent trip, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is a really good resort for the family, one bedroom was clean, great view of the ocean. The beach was not crowded and there was a lifeguard. its a little expensive, but the kids enjoy the lazy river and some activities made for them.

5  Thank elmojo99
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This is a really good hotel for families. It has a nice pool, beach access, a small lazy river. It was very clean. It is little far from the main strip (about 10min drive) hence the beach is not very crowded. The only bad thing is the service at their restaurant is slow.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AY1998
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I searched for 2 weeks for a hotel before I finally decided on Island Vista. Although the hallways could use some TLC I loved it. When I walked in the room I knew I made the right choice. The beach access is amazing and the indoor pool/hot tub facilities are great as well. I ordered a delicious breakfast both days that was delivered to the room and enjoyed lunch at the tiki hit. The staff was amazing and pleasant. If you're looking to be in the thick of Myrtle Beach action this isn't the place for you. But if you want a nice hotel, with great amenities, an ocean view and a peaceful atmosphere -- book Island Vista today. I can't wait to plan my next trip.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple