Island Vista
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$73
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$113
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$119
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$78
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$88
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$81
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$242
US$214
Hotels.com
  • Pool
1,392 results
All reviewscypress roomtiki hutlazy riverocean fronta quiet residential areaparking garagebreakfast and dinnerother hotelsrocking chairsliving roomfull kitchenpool areathree bedroomhotel restaurantwasher and dryerbeautiful resorthot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Don't get me wrong, my family and I look forward to staying at the Island Vista. In fact this was our 4th time staying there. Unfortunately, the place is showing it;s age. The carpets need to be replaced, the room we had 806, had a cracked toilet and the closet doors in the bedroom my kids stayed in kept falling off it's track. We enjoyed the dinner we had in the restaurant, The Cypress Room, and went their for Breakfast everyday.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Marc A, Manager at Island Vista, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Island Vista again and again. At a resort with such a high occupancy, upgrades & changes occur in phases. For example, this year we have new and upgraded sleeper sofas, occasional chairs, coffee tables, and all new bedding (the base, box-spring, mattress, duvet covers, and 500-thread count Egyptian cotton sheets)… all new for 2014. In the coming year, we plan to complete the electronics upgrade for each room, bedroom, and suite, and carpet the hallways & common areas. We will then address the individual units. We have a limited time each year to accomplish these efforts… during the warm-weather months we are so busy that it would be an inconvenience to our guests if we attempted tasks like those. With time, traffic does take a toll, but perhaps one of the reasons for our popularity is that if we are not currently involved in enhancements, we are in the process of planning new ones.

We have an elaborate tracking system for maintenance requests… it starts with a request form (indicating the problem) that is taken by the maintenance technicians when they address the issue at its location, and it is completed and documented by the technician that did the work. I hope your issues were addressed right away as they should have been.

Thank you again for choosing the Island Vista and for your kind comments. We try to maintain high standards of accommodation and hospitality, and with the enhancements we have planned this year, we look forward to the opportunity to provide you with the best vacation ever when we see you again!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at Island Vista for 2 night once in a 3 brad room suite which was amazing, the second night a 2 bedroom suite equally as amazing it had a different view but still awesome! The staff was great, special thanks to Chris Rivera who helped make the stay in forgettable! This hotel is a must stay at while in Myrtle Beach you will not forget it that's for sure!

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I was there from August 9th through 14th 2014, for a week of vacation with my family. It was Excellent and a nice place to stay its clean, and comfortable. They are in a lovely spot on the beach, and it is a bit more private than being so close to the other Hotels on the Beach. The staff there is very friendly and looking to accommodate each guest, including housekeeping and maintenance did their jobs well enough while we were there. The parking lot is still much too small and the spaces are very tight.

The Hotel could use a much better fitness room, its very unappealing and way too small. The hotel could also use a game room for the youngsters since it is a family hotel. The outdoor pools (they have two big ones), could use some amusement to them, like if they would put a curly slide on one of the pools outside for the children. The indoor lazy river was great but a little dirty. There were plastic bottles around as well as paper around the pool.
Also there was a bad odor in the place, and no comfortable seating,

Nevertheless the room nice and spacious with full kitchens to cook & dine in, and the oceanfront views on your private patio is very nice to have. We enjoyed our and we would go here again.. We would still recommend this Hotel to others as well.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

My husband has his yearly meetings here. We have about 40-60 attendees. Everyone loves it. All rooms are suites. Great for families or couples. Suites are 1-4 bedroom. I work with Sheila Suhrer, & Kathy Davis. They are the greatest! Our attendees, mostly males for mtgs, can be difficult. Kathy & Sheila take care if any problems or concerns as soon as I tell them. They put on a fantastic Sat nite Farewell Dinner for our group. We have been doing our meetings in Myrtle Beach for many years. And have used several hotels, from Holiday Inn to Hilton to Marriott Grande Dunes. This one surpasses all of them. I found it on the internet, when we decided we needed a change. I talked tonSheila on the phone & she handled everything from that point on. The suites were a big, big selling point as we have several guys who bring their families. Nothing more convenient than having a suite with full kitchen when u have kids with you. They are not a Convention hotel, they really only started hosting groups the year we went with them. We cannot see our group going anywhere else. They would have to really raise our group rates for us to move.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Hcefalu
Reviewed 16 August 2014

If I were to ever go to Myrtle Beach, I would stay at the Island Vista again based on the positives of this hotel and the exterior view of the other hotels in the area. We checked in after 5pm and didn't have any issues. I like how they have a free DVD rental in the lobby for the kids, that helped. I wasn't a fan of having to have the bellman get our luggage (guests are not allowed to use the luggage carts) I felt I had to tip for something I should have been able to do myself. We were on the 9th floor which had a spectacular view. The housekeeping definitely needed to step up their game, I found some items left from the previous guests left. I am a clean freak so I wiped everything down myself upon entering anyway. Take note that you will have to bring your own paper towels and I had to use washcloths to clean because there were no kitchen towels left for us either. The beds and linens were so comfortable, we fell asleep as soon as we hit the mattress! The bedroom is dark, even with the lights on but its not really that big of a deal. Housekeeping didn't arrive until after 4pm to clean which is when we always came back to the room so one of the days I just told her we didn't want service and I just brought out all of our dirty towels and garbage and she gave me new items. The hallways are frequently lined with garbage bags of guests- there is a large garbage can by the elevator, I would rather they put their garbage there than in the hallway but people can be lazy. The beach was not crowded at all when compared to the other hotel areas- this is a huge plus for me. I don't want to sit on top of other people while relaxing at the beach so this is a huge plus. I liked how I could rent an umbrella from the lifeguard. The lawn area was fine, there did seem to be a lot of "saved" chairs but there was plenty of room for people. The pools weren't crowded and my kids liked the pool better than the ocean! The girl that ran the kids club activities (she was Scottish) was so nice and pleasant, my kids really enjoyed her. I can see why some people complain about the parking garage, but if you drive carefully its not an issue- be happy to have a garage to park in. If I ever do go back to Myrtle Beach I will definitely stay here, probably in a room with more than one bathroom (1 bathroom for 5 people was a little tight). The housekeeping issues I mentioned pale in comparison to the positive aspects of the beach, beautiful rooms, views, pool area. I felt very safe at the Island Vista, I don't think I would be able to say that at the other hotels based on where they are located.

Room Tip: I loved the view from the 9th floor