Island Vista
US$227
US$181
US$234
US$203
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$265
US$184
US$182
US$146
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$157
1,398 results
All reviewscypress roomtiki hutlazy riverocean fronta quiet residential areaparking garagebreakfast and dinnerother hotelsrocking chairsliving roomfull kitchenpool areathree bedroomhotel restaurantwasher and dryerbeautiful resorthot tub
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My husband and I visited Myrtle Beach for the first time this weekend, from Friday night to Sunday morning, and stayed at Island Vista Resort. We booked online, and were very excited because the photos looked quite nice, however, soon realized that the photos covered up quite a bit of the undesirable aspects of the resort.

To begin with, the parking garage was very narrow and had small and had limited parking spaces. There was no valet parking. When we entered the hallway leading to our room, we were dissapointed with the stained outdated carpet, and overall poor quality of the walkways. Our room, a one bedroom oceanfront, however, was in good condition, as well as remodeled, so we were content. The best part of the room was the ocean view, which was amazing since the resort is right on the beach. There were three small outdoor pools, and indoor pools. The indoor lazy pool was not as warm as expected, especially considering the winter season.

On Saturday night, my husband and I wanted to dine in the restaurant located at the resort because it looked like it had a warm and inviting ambiance. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and seems cozy, with a good variety of entrees to choose from. We made reservations and arrived expecting to have a resort style dining experience, but decided to drive to Broadway at the Beach instead to dine for more than a few reasons. Firstly, we were greeted by an unkept host whose blazer was 3 times too large, and finger nails were long and unclean. Not to mention, being spoken to in an unprofessional manner instead of being treated as guests. We were seated and sitting for about 3 minutes when we decided to take our business elsewhere.

Overall, we had mixed feelings about this "resort" and will more than likely try staying somewhere else next time.

1  Thank jessica837
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We decided to take off for the weekend and I have been wanting to stay here since they first opened. I knew the off season is the only time I could afford it, and even then I could have found somewhere cheaper, but it was worth every penny! I called around 5:30pm on a Friday and Judy at the front desk said if I could get there before 11:00pm, she would wait for me. I rolled in at 10:50pm and there she was waiting for me like she said. She was a fun, super duper nice person, as well as all the other staff I talked with. The rooms were simply gorgeous and clean throughout the whole hotel. The elevators and hallways smelled clean and the carpet was clean. The beds and pillows made you feel as though you were fallen on a cloud! The pool area was clean and really neat both indoor and out. My 5 yr old and 9 yr old loved it! This is one place that I would never hesitate to return to. I also loved the fact that rooms where inclosed so that when you were in the hallways, you didn't have to worry about the wind or getting wet and you never had to go outside to get to the indoor pool.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank leza1993
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Everything about this hotel was top notch from the ladies at the check-in desk, to Henry the porter, to housekeeping that had extra towels to our room within 2 minutes of me putting the phone down.

Room was clean and well-appointed. The pull-out bed in the sitting room isn't a sofa bed but rather a wall bed. And wow, it was so comfortable! Better than many regular hotel beds I've slept in.

The kids enjoyed the pool and the lazy river.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Just stayed in this newly renovated, beach front hotel in a quiet section of Myrtle Beach. Lovely accomodations. Helpful staff, great food in dining room, nice fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools. This seems to be a quieter place than the regular hustle and bustle, but that is what I wanted. Plus, it was during the winter season, so naturally it is not jammed with people. Easily located off Kings Hwy and near to shopping, and Restaurant Row. I will be back.

Reviewed 18 February 2009

This hotel was one of about five hotels that was recommended by fellow Trip Advisor Members. I was going to Myrtle Beach for a one day business meeting and I decided at the last minute to stay for the entire weekend for some R&R, therefore, I was looking for an oceanfront room with a King bed and jacuzzi. When I attempted to make an online reservation, no King rooms were available. I then called reservations only to be told the same thing. However, once I was on the road and called the hotel directly, I was told that they did have a King bed with jacuzzi available. I can happily announce that I wasn't disappointed with the price (which was much lower than what was on the website)!

We got in a little later than we had planned and we already had dinner reservations with our clients, so we called the hotel to try to reserve our room (and price) with a credit card. We were (happily) informed that they didn't need our card to reserve the room or price. When we finally got to the hotel past midnight, we checked into a 3 bedroom suite (#1014) for less than the price of the stated one bedroom King! Unfortunately, we did encounter a few problems with the room - which was probably a result of this economic downturn: The smoke detector battery needed to be replaced; knob to the jacuzzi broke when turned; drain stop to jacuzzi didn't close; and the roman shade in the master bedroom was broken. Thankfully all of these issues were resolved promptly, however, I couldn't help but wonder if these issues were the real reason why our room was so deeply discounted.

Nevertheless, the suite was spacious and clean in spite of the fact that some of the wood furniture was showing some signs of wear-and-tear around the edges. The area of the hotel is quiet, and the hotel itself seemed to be sound-proof (I never heard anyone coming or going on our floor; never heard a sound from rooms above, below or next door). The outdoor pools were closed, but still pristine. You couldn't ask for a better location for an oceanfront room. The view is absolutely amazing! Easy access to the beach from the hotel, as well as from the area surrounding the hotel. A bonus: the entire hotel is non-smoking!

I don't know what the rates are for this room during peak season, but I can honestly say that unless some renovations are done, I wouldn't pay more than $200/night. The deeply discounted rate is what made it worthwhile to stay in our room during this trip. However, I do plan to come back again for a family vacation. The 3 bedroom suite is really quite comfortable (particularly if you are a fan of island decor).