“Mixed Feelings...”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Mixed Feelings...”
Reviewed 31 March 2009

We stayed at the Island Vista for 3 nights in Sept. When we arrived check-in was easy and the people were friendly. The room was pretty, BUT IT WAS NOT CLEAN!!! There was a gum on the dining room chair, there was hair all over the counter in the bathroom, there was scum in the tub, There was stick residue on the the table in the bedroom, ect. IT HAD NOT BEEN CLEANED! I called the front desk and asked that a manager come to the room (If it was my hotel, i would want to see this type of cleaning issue, ***you should not have this kind of cleaning issue, if you compare yourself to Marriott quality). When he arrived, he acted somewhat laid back about it. He said the were full for the following day, so they could send somone in to clean, but i could not get a different condo. I told him that we would need to be moved. (You can't give small children a bath in a dirty tub...) That condo was so dirty that it would need a total cleaning.
Amazingly they found us another condo. The new room was great. CLEAN AND NICE.

The pools were very nice. They had live music. It was very pleseant. SO IN TOTAL IT WAS NICE, BUT I LIKE CLEAN HOTELS. Maybe it was just one bad cleaning lady... I probably wont go back.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Indy78

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
nc
Reviewed 22 March 2009

The room was nice, but the front desk people were extremely rude to accommodate our needs.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
d.c.
Reviewed 3 March 2009

This is our second year staying here. Everyone from the front desk to the maintenance man was extremly prompt & courteous. The restaurant staff and food are top notch.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank steelerfann
north carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My husband and I visited Myrtle Beach for the first time this weekend, from Friday night to Sunday morning, and stayed at Island Vista Resort. We booked online, and were very excited because the photos looked quite nice, however, soon realized that the photos covered up quite a bit of the undesirable aspects of the resort.

To begin with, the parking garage was very narrow and had small and had limited parking spaces. There was no valet parking. When we entered the hallway leading to our room, we were dissapointed with the stained outdated carpet, and overall poor quality of the walkways. Our room, a one bedroom oceanfront, however, was in good condition, as well as remodeled, so we were content. The best part of the room was the ocean view, which was amazing since the resort is right on the beach. There were three small outdoor pools, and indoor pools. The indoor lazy pool was not as warm as expected, especially considering the winter season.

On Saturday night, my husband and I wanted to dine in the restaurant located at the resort because it looked like it had a warm and inviting ambiance. The restaurant is nicely decorated, and seems cozy, with a good variety of entrees to choose from. We made reservations and arrived expecting to have a resort style dining experience, but decided to drive to Broadway at the Beach instead to dine for more than a few reasons. Firstly, we were greeted by an unkept host whose blazer was 3 times too large, and finger nails were long and unclean. Not to mention, being spoken to in an unprofessional manner instead of being treated as guests. We were seated and sitting for about 3 minutes when we decided to take our business elsewhere.

Overall, we had mixed feelings about this "resort" and will more than likely try staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jessica837
North Carolina
Reviewed 1 March 2009

We decided to take off for the weekend and I have been wanting to stay here since they first opened. I knew the off season is the only time I could afford it, and even then I could have found somewhere cheaper, but it was worth every penny! I called around 5:30pm on a Friday and Judy at the front desk said if I could get there before 11:00pm, she would wait for me. I rolled in at 10:50pm and there she was waiting for me like she said. She was a fun, super duper nice person, as well as all the other staff I talked with. The rooms were simply gorgeous and clean throughout the whole hotel. The elevators and hallways smelled clean and the carpet was clean. The beds and pillows made you feel as though you were fallen on a cloud! The pool area was clean and really neat both indoor and out. My 5 yr old and 9 yr old loved it! This is one place that I would never hesitate to return to. I also loved the fact that rooms where inclosed so that when you were in the hallways, you didn't have to worry about the wind or getting wet and you never had to go outside to get to the indoor pool.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank leza1993
North Carolina
Reviewed 27 February 2009

Everything about this hotel was top notch from the ladies at the check-in desk, to Henry the porter, to housekeeping that had extra towels to our room within 2 minutes of me putting the phone down.

Room was clean and well-appointed. The pull-out bed in the sitting room isn't a sofa bed but rather a wall bed. And wow, it was so comfortable! Better than many regular hotel beds I've slept in.

The kids enjoyed the pool and the lazy river.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Ohio
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Just stayed in this newly renovated, beach front hotel in a quiet section of Myrtle Beach. Lovely accomodations. Helpful staff, great food in dining room, nice fitness center, indoor/outdoor pools. This seems to be a quieter place than the regular hustle and bustle, but that is what I wanted. Plus, it was during the winter season, so naturally it is not jammed with people. Easily located off Kings Hwy and near to shopping, and Restaurant Row. I will be back.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple