“Good Value GREAT Location”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #163 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sewell, New Jersey
“Good Value GREAT Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

Our Room was Located dirctly on the beach. It was a quiet hotel and good for its value . The complimentary breakfast was ok. Would def go and bring kids back next time.

Room Tip: Get ocean front room
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (624)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

If you are looking for a place to spend alot of money on a room and not a very clean place to stay then Sea Mist is for you. We paid alot for a weekend away and choose the Sea Mist because of it's website. The pictures on the website looked wonderful until we checked into our room. It looked nothing like the pictures shown on their website. The room was so small and the view we had was terrible. The place was so confusing you couldn't even find the pool. Our rooms floor was so dirty you had to wear you shoes all the time or your feet would get nasty. There were also bugs in the room and the air hardly worked at all. The door into the room looked like someone had broken into it a few times. The floor was also very uneven and I almost fell when I walked on it. The beds were terrible and we didn't get much sleep at all. We had a Oceanfront Room in The Spray Building and our Private Balcony lead right outside and people where out there all night. So we really had no Balcony for the money we paid. We didn't feel safe here. I always say I don't complain I write reviews instead. I travel to Myrtle Beach every other month and I have stayed in alot better places that were cheaper too!! Plus the staff needs to learn how to speak because no one seemed like they even wanted to say hello. We were very disappointed with this place!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Olean, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

My family and I spent 5 nights at Sea Mist and it was wonderful! The pools had a little sand but that was all! There were no cigarette buts in or near the pool. We stayed in the Dunes building. The room was very clean and the water pressure in the shower and sink were fine. The only problem we had with the Dunes building was the design of it was such that when you got off the elevator you had to walk up three stairs. Everyone enjoyed the arcade and gift shop. The water park was a pretty good deal. The only problem was that the snack bar was a bit pricey. If you have never stayed there before you should know that everything is scattered around in different buildings. This isn't really a problem because they have an underground tunnel that goes beneath the road. We had a great time and I recommend this hotel to everyone looking for a good deal and a good time.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Adrian, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2011

Went with my spouse and five children :15, 15, 13, 11, 6. We had a ball!!! This was our second trip here and would not stay anywhere else! Where else in the U.S. can you get a clean comfortable room for 7 people with, an ocean within a block, water park with lazy river and tube slide on site, daily free amusement park tickets and daily free water park tickets with up to 6 big slides another lazy river and another small child water area for 5 nights for under $1000.00! I challenge anyone to this! I have researched well and would love to compare. Some rooms/buildings are dated but if there is a problem staff will fix it. I will take dated rooms over price increases due to snobs anyday! The two times I have been here I had a modern room and one of the oldests rooms, I would not want them to update the room in exchange for a higher price. The room was big with 4 beds, clean, 2 bathrooms, first floor, next to hot tub......PERFECT!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

They made this place out to be the cream of the crop instead it was a hole in the wall. The room smelled the bathroom was not up to standards and with the door closed I still could see people walk by without looking thru the peep hole. This building is very old and they tryed to remodel it but my wife could have done a better job than this and she have no experience. Hate to say it but I got my money back and my family and I found a place on the north side of myrtle beach where it was less traffic and much more up scale. And for a $150.00 more it was worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

Okay I will be completely honest with everyone. This hotel is not super fancy or bran new. It is a decent resort with awesome amenities(even in the off season). My fiance and I rented the romance suite in the driftwood building. It truly is adorable. The bright red, heart shaped tub is adorable although a bit aged looking and the jets are a soft rumble rather than a strong spray. The room has a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave, a breakfast nook which has the balcony spot on a typical ocean front room so its beautiful but the other balcony only offers a side view but it is still a very beautiful view and the view during breakfast is to die for! The bed looked really beat up but with super clean sheets( i actually did the black light test!) and pillows. Next to the bed was a very comfy chaise that was very clean. Negatives: our romance suite included champagne that we did not receive on our first night - they did however send it up immediately when i asked the following mornng. The tub looks a little ghetto- it is old and the tile around it has a few stains and cracks but it does heat up super hot and is very comfortable and clean. The balcony door was nearly impossible to open and my fiance is VERY strong...super annoying! Other than that, it was great and definitely worth the money when it's cheaper for the off season. I wouldnt have wanted to pay the summer rate on that suite but the room did make me feel romantic so im happy!:) Their breakfast buffett is AMAZING-do not miss it! and their sauna and steam rooms are actually hot- loved that! Also the pool and sauna areas were immaculately clean!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
McBee, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2011

We went down for a Valentine Special, room was very clean and comfortable, staff was very pleasant, our view was incredible. We would definitely stay there again!!! Had dinner and breakfast right there on premises... Can't wait to bring our kids back during the summer for all the pools, water park, and mini-golf right there on the premises... So much to do without even leaving the hotel....

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple