“They let my dog oug.”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #175 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I was in a pet friendly bungalow, had put the pet in room sign on the door, came back in a few hours, my dog was GONE!!! No note, no message, called the front desk, they said they didn't know he was gone. Ran around outside, found him under a house three lots back. No one called back to check to see how he was or how I was doing, very stressed out, had stayed there before, but the lack of concern or any compensation, refund of pet deposit since they had put my dog in danger. Usually send me a review form to fill out, did not do that this time. Have left messages, no explanation of what happened, how they will prevent it from happening again. Very much a concern for me.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Susan12121

Reviewed 19 September 2011

this is the first time weve traveled to myrtle beach with our two dachshunds. this place is conveniently located next to the beach. it has a nice little fenced in area (6' x 50') that u can let ur dogs off the leash to potty. we had plenty of parking. wifi was available in the conference center next door. we didnt hit any of the pools because we spent most of our time on the beach. the bed was a little stiff but i was ok with it. the room was a little outdated and the tv was small but everything was clean. room service and the front desk was very good. we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was a great deal at $9 per person (omelet and waffle station with tons of breakfast buffet items). the rooms were very condusive to pets with all tile floors. all in all i thought for the offseason price that we got that whenever we travel with our dogs well most likely stay at the seamist again (we dont have children). but if we leave our dogs at home well find something a little more upscale on the beach.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 19 September 2011

I really liked this resort, its very family oriented. The overall Hotel is kind of old, you can tell that it has been up for a while and need some repairs, but it was a nice place. We had a 4 bedroom/4 bathroom/Living room with a sleeper couch/Kitchen/Dining room suite. We loved almost everything about, except the location of this particular suite. It was located on the bottom level, and did not have any windows for the day light. And it was facing the indoor pool and jacuzzi. Other than the location of the suite,the bedding looked old and worn out & a little dingy. The staff was not particular friendly, but they were not disrespectful either. The water park was nice, and the staff who ran that part of the hotel was GREAT!!! My family really enjoyed the stay and we did not have a bad experience, and yes I would stay there again!!!

Room Tip: Nice location & a good price!!!
1  Thank LadyTwiZta_5
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We had a great time at the sea mist. My husband and my little dog and me of course. The rooms smelled so good. Staff was so friendly. My husband is handicapped and the staff was very helpful at the lazy river. If I get to go again I will diffently stay there. Pet friendly was a great extra.

Reviewed 15 September 2011

We decided to take a trip to the beach during hurricane season and waited until the last minute to book our room. We were pleasantly surprised as to how nice the resort turned out. The room was dated but very clean and fairly comfortable. My only complaint was that the bed wasnt the most comfortable. Housekeeping were very good daily....always done with fresh towels by the time we returned to our room.

Room Tip: Would have preferred a king bed rather than two double beds. Sheets were ruff to touch.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I was skeptical as most of you that read the reviews. My husband, myself, and our 7yr old stayed Sept-8-12. The room was clean, but the breezeway, elevator, and trash area was filthy. It seemed like it could use a good pressure washing and uplift. We stayed at the Sandcastle building. We are not the 5 star resort family but looking for at least 4 stars next summer. The housekeeping was great. Lady at front desk was pleasant. The water park across the street was clean (just old) and fun for about 2 hrs. The pools were okay. Decks for basking were okay. To sum this all up. The place is old! Kinda on the dirty, dingy side. It has decent amenities for kids (even mine got bored quick). We decided this year to start saving after Christmas for a nicer hotel next year for our trip. We will not be returning and not sure I would recommend it to a friend. Overall...It's okay if you can overlook dingy, old, and semi clean.

2  Thank drivinmebonkers
Reviewed 11 September 2011

I admit I was very skeptical of staying at Sea Mist after reviewing some of the reviews. However, I am glad to say we were not disappointed at all during our stay. We were located in the Sandcastle building on the ocean. The room was extremely clean, bed linens were clean, bath and shower were clean as well. We had absolutely no complaints about anything!!!!!!! It was very nice to have a mid-size refrigerator, microwave and regular size coffee pot in our room too!! The housekeeping staff was very pleasant. When we registered the lady on the front desk was a bit brisk, but who knows what kind of day she was having. The pools, hot tubs, restaurants were very nice. For the rates charged, I am going to say we got quite a deal and will be back next September if not sooner. Enjoy your stay and give it a try even though there are some really nasty reviews on this site.

4  Thank Becki V