Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$181
US$234
US$203
US$236
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$496
US$462
2,479 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We come down every few years for the Shrine Convention and Parade. We always stay at Sea Mist and everyone is always very nice. Someone listed the water park as costing $12 for a couple but it is only $3.00 a person, it's not a huge water park but it is very nice and the staff that operate it were very nice to us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our room, the staff, breakfast, the entire resort was great! We loved every minute of our stay!! We arrived on Sunday afternoon and had an issue with the hot water Sunday night. I told the sweet lady at the desk downstairs Monday morning and by the time we arrived back Monday afternoon, the issue had been resolved! Thank you Sea Mist Resort for a great and memorable stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I will not stay at this hotel again. What I had really looked forward to besides being ocean front was having a balcony to have my coffee in the morning and to relax in the evening. Our room opened into the parking garage, so besides the noise, you were met by fumes when we opened our door. As far as "balcony" /"patio", the sliding doors opened to the outdoor pool with a lovely view of people using the pool and the building next door. So, we had to contend with fumes, engine noises andthe sounds of people enjoying the pool. In the hotel's defense, had I had kids or had I been anticipating using the pool, the room (other than the dirt) would have been great. Due to the lack of privacy, we weren't able to enjoy anything that was considered a "balcony" or "patio". Our room was filthy. There was a lot of long black hair in the tub, it took the tub forever to drain, there was no bath mat, no hand towels, above the tub was thick with filth, the phone and the alcove it was in was thick with filth, the floors were so dirty my feet were black and the rubber backed throw rugs we bought to lay down slid ... and the duct tape we tried to tape the rugs to the floor with didn't stick to the dirt. The light above the table didn't work. All in all, not a good 4 nights....

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before you decide to pay the $$ to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank H0undm0m
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After reading the reviews online, I was EXTREMELY nervous about checking into this hotel. But the price was right for our budget, almost half of what we were originally going to pay elsewhere. When making the reservation I made it very clear I did not want to reserve at all if it would be on the 1st floor (I was getting an oceanfront room and 1st floor would feature a patio, which in reality is a sundeck that you share with all the other guests..and I wanted to be sure I had a private balcony) they assured me it wouldn't be and I requested the highest floor available. At check in where was my room? ...the 1st floor. But that was quickly resolved by staff. When we got up to the room it looked EXACTLY like it did online, comforter and all. Although we still only got moved to the 2nd floor it was still a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was nice & clean. We requested no housekeeping and found a bag tied to our door on our 2nd day full of towels, soap, kleenex, etc. One downfall I do have to agree with is the "waterpark"..if you want to call it that.. it was a run down kiddie area with lazy river and a couple slides, there was no way I was paying $12 a day for me and my fiance to relax in a lazy river so we opted out. "Waterpark" should definitely be included in room rate considering it is really not much more than a lazy river (which most hotels in the area offered free of charge) Other than that we had a wonderful stay, comfortable bed and pillows as well! Updated room featured nice decor and a flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Request Tides Building Oceanfront! It is the newest and most recently remodeled building. I cannot vouch for the other buildings, but reading the reviews it sounds like some of the older ones aren't so nice.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaydeenLee
Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Sea Mist is a large conglomoration of former hotels put together as one. The rooms are average Myrtle Beach with kitchenettes. The sheets were too small and did not fit the beds in our room. There was no bathmat nor were there any hand towels. There were bath towels (more than enough) and facecloths. Each room had it's own window style a/c unit. It was either too cold or too warm. You could not set the temperature to a particular degree like 70°. You could only set it to low or high cool or low or high fan, etc. There were no electrical outlets near the nightstand for electronic devices.

The hotel had plenty of luggage carts and lots of staff on hand to handle everything. The resort also had plenty to do, with a movie theatre and a waterpark that one doesn't find at most complexes. The price was good for this aging complex..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends