“Excellent for the price!”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #175 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and i went for the first weekend of september. We were very nervous about our stay after reading reviews. The check-in staff was friendly, and every staff member we walked by did not neglect to greet us. We stayed in the palms building on the first floor. The room was spotless and the sheets were clean. the only room complaints we had was the location of the a/c unit(back of the room) and the bed was hard. Nothing fancy but clean. Breakfast was to die for and there are lots of activities on the campus of the resort. The driftwood building on the ocean side looked gorgeous. We went in the sandcastle building and it was sort of smelly. The two small buildings on the back side of the ocean side of the strip looked kind of ruff but everything on the waterpark side looked good structure wise. We liked the fact that the floors werent carpet so that you can see that they are clean. The location is very convenient and the underground tunnel is neat. We didnt have any issues as far as parking was concerned. No bugs, rats etc. We were impressed with Sea Mist and we will be returning. Tip to avoid burglary issues others are experiencing: leave the do not disturb sign on the door. Fun resort.

Room Tip: Choose Palms or driftwood. Driftwood is newer and very pretty at night. Palms is the larger building...
1  Thank Jordanie K

Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

My husband, infant and myself had checked-in to the Sea Mist October 1st and checked-out October 2nd. We read the reviews before our trip and didn't expect much, but never could have imagined how incredibly terrible our experience was.
The room itself wasn't all too bad; it was convenient having a small kitchen with an infant.
Where we were extremely dissatisfied was when we left in the morning to do a little shopping so room service could clean the room. We came back to part of my phone charger laying in the hallway. After further inspection of our room, our PC tablet and charger that had been charging on the kitchen table were also missing. I immediately called security that came with a notepad asking for a statement. I knew it was going downhill when I was handed a notepad for a statement so I called the police. The police came and took a REAL statement and hotel security stood in the hall complaining that we were causing a disturbance because the police were called and now their other guests are upset. Not one time did management come speak to us or even just say sorry. Instead, the hotel staff made us feel like we were the bad guys.
After dealing with the mess of the burglary, the missing housekeeper and explaining why we were checking out, one of the managers was standing in the parking lot, talking about what happened, again like we were the bad guys. When I introduced myself, it was just more of the same. Now I'm out the money of our fabulous stay at the Sea Mist, the items that were stolen in addition to another hotel. Thanks Sea Mist for exceeding our expectations in your superior customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank TiffWilliams
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Mist the last 5 years with my greyhounds. The rooms are clean and everything you should need for the kitchenette (stove, microwave, pots and pans, etc)
and bath are available. Hairdryer, iron and board also. You are right on the beach. I am there after the summer season is over so can take the dogs on the beach anytime of the day. I also enjoy the hot Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: I wasn't in the fitness center so don't know how it was-I did see a lot of machines in there...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We come down every few years for the Shrine Convention and Parade. We always stay at Sea Mist and everyone is always very nice. Someone listed the water park as costing $12 for a couple but it is only $3.00 a person, it's not a huge water park but it is very nice and the staff that operate it were very nice to us.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our room, the staff, breakfast, the entire resort was great! We loved every minute of our stay!! We arrived on Sunday afternoon and had an issue with the hot water Sunday night. I told the sweet lady at the desk downstairs Monday morning and by the time we arrived back Monday afternoon, the issue had been resolved! Thank you Sea Mist Resort for a great and memorable stay!!!

1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I will not stay at this hotel again. What I had really looked forward to besides being ocean front was having a balcony to have my coffee in the morning and to relax in the evening. Our room opened into the parking garage, so besides the noise, you were met by fumes when we opened our door. As far as "balcony" /"patio", the sliding doors opened to the outdoor pool with a lovely view of people using the pool and the building next door. So, we had to contend with fumes, engine noises andthe sounds of people enjoying the pool. In the hotel's defense, had I had kids or had I been anticipating using the pool, the room (other than the dirt) would have been great. Due to the lack of privacy, we weren't able to enjoy anything that was considered a "balcony" or "patio". Our room was filthy. There was a lot of long black hair in the tub, it took the tub forever to drain, there was no bath mat, no hand towels, above the tub was thick with filth, the phone and the alcove it was in was thick with filth, the floors were so dirty my feet were black and the rubber backed throw rugs we bought to lay down slid ... and the duct tape we tried to tape the rugs to the floor with didn't stick to the dirt. The light above the table didn't work. All in all, not a good 4 nights....

Room Tip: Make sure you see the room before you decide to pay the $$ to stay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank H0undm0m
Reviewed 25 September 2013

After reading the reviews online, I was EXTREMELY nervous about checking into this hotel. But the price was right for our budget, almost half of what we were originally going to pay elsewhere. When making the reservation I made it very clear I did not want to reserve at all if it would be on the 1st floor (I was getting an oceanfront room and 1st floor would feature a patio, which in reality is a sundeck that you share with all the other guests..and I wanted to be sure I had a private balcony) they assured me it wouldn't be and I requested the highest floor available. At check in where was my room? ...the 1st floor. But that was quickly resolved by staff. When we got up to the room it looked EXACTLY like it did online, comforter and all. Although we still only got moved to the 2nd floor it was still a gorgeous view of the ocean. The room was nice & clean. We requested no housekeeping and found a bag tied to our door on our 2nd day full of towels, soap, kleenex, etc. One downfall I do have to agree with is the "waterpark"..if you want to call it that.. it was a run down kiddie area with lazy river and a couple slides, there was no way I was paying $12 a day for me and my fiance to relax in a lazy river so we opted out. "Waterpark" should definitely be included in room rate considering it is really not much more than a lazy river (which most hotels in the area offered free of charge) Other than that we had a wonderful stay, comfortable bed and pillows as well! Updated room featured nice decor and a flat screen tv.

Room Tip: Request Tides Building Oceanfront! It is the newest and most recently remodeled building. I cannot v...
1  Thank JaydeenLee