“Horrible Hotel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #163 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pine Hill, New Jersey, United States
“Horrible Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We booked with Sea Mist because the price was right, but next time I'll spend an extra $50 a night and stay at a nicer hotel. I didnt think the hotel would matter to much because we were only sleeping there, but I've learned the hotel really makes an impact on your stay. As we were chcking in, the lady at the front desk didn't greet us with a smile or really make us feel welcome. We didn't think anything of it and went to our room. The room was very out dated, very old appliances, the walls were the same rugged walls that are on the outside of the hotel, and the front windows are from floor to ceiling so you feel like you're on a store front display. (We ended up going and buying a sheet to throw over the bed. I'm suprised we DIDN'T see any bugs during our stay) Within 5 minutes of being in the room, we also noticed the knob on the bathtub was broken. The actual plastic knob was stripped so you could turn the knob left or right all you want but it wasn't changing the temperature of the water, there was NO hot water!!

I immediately called the front desk, and after them insulting my intelligance they said they would call maintnence to come and fix it. We decided to leave and came back 5 hours later to find maintnence never came! The tub was still broken, there was still no hot water. I called the front desk again and the lady was very rude to me on the phone. She said she would call maintence again. Not once did they even suggest moving me to another room, so I called right back and I asked how soon mainence will come and explained we drove for 12 hours in a car and we just want a hot shower. They lady on the phone said she doesn't know maintnences schedule in a very rude tone! So I asked if we could get moved to another room, and she transfered me without saying a word. The man that answered was a little nicer but he told me they don't have any other rooms that are the same type as mine that are available. Almost all the rooms on my floor were empty during our entire stay!! I know this because they keep the curtains wide open when the rooms are empty. I ended up somewhat fixing the bathtub knob my self that night. Maintnence had never come during out entire stay.

The location of the hotel wasn't bad if all you care about is the beach. The hotel is right there on the beach, but so far from anythign else. You need to drive to get to the boardwalk. We tried walking to the boardwalk the first night, it took us an hour just to reach the beginning of the boardwalk, and another half hour to reach anything of interest. We were so tired when we were ready to walk back, and we were dead by the time we got back to the hotel. It's a good thing we did walk though because there is NO parking at night. If you leave during the day and come back to the hotel or night, you're going to have to park a block or two away at another one of SeaMist's parking lots. I expected much better from such a large resort, but Sea Mist was truely our only bad experience about our trip. I wouldn't recommend staying here. Spend a few extra a night and stay somewhere a little more comfortable, with nicer employees who know customer service.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dsmith389

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Danville, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

We checked in Oct 4th and out Oct 6th. Room was O.K. but it took 3 people to find our room. which was facing the garage. I requested an ocean front room. What I got was palm trees. Yes it is pet friendly. The trouble is the owner of a pet left poop on the wall right at our door. No one in cleaning removed the poop. So I smelled poop the 2 days we were there. The only sink was in the bathroom. The floor was filthy with dirt and sand. I was so sick of smelling dog feces and urine every time I went outside of my room. I been to Myrtle Beach many times and stayed at different hotels. I have never been so glad to leave one place in all my life. If my husband had not been with me I would have left there and they would have gotten a piece of my mind. It was nothing like they advertised. Never and I mean never will I ever stay there again. Really disgusted with this place. It ruined my whole stay Shame on you Sea Mist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine T

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Rock Hill, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and i went for the first weekend of september. We were very nervous about our stay after reading reviews. The check-in staff was friendly, and every staff member we walked by did not neglect to greet us. We stayed in the palms building on the first floor. The room was spotless and the sheets were clean. the only room complaints we had was the location of the a/c unit(back of the room) and the bed was hard. Nothing fancy but clean. Breakfast was to die for and there are lots of activities on the campus of the resort. The driftwood building on the ocean side looked gorgeous. We went in the sandcastle building and it was sort of smelly. The two small buildings on the back side of the ocean side of the strip looked kind of ruff but everything on the waterpark side looked good structure wise. We liked the fact that the floors werent carpet so that you can see that they are clean. The location is very convenient and the underground tunnel is neat. We didnt have any issues as far as parking was concerned. No bugs, rats etc. We were impressed with Sea Mist and we will be returning. Tip to avoid burglary issues others are experiencing: leave the do not disturb sign on the door. Fun resort.

Room Tip: Choose Palms or driftwood. Driftwood is newer and very pretty at night. Palms is the larger building...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jordanie K
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

My husband, infant and myself had checked-in to the Sea Mist October 1st and checked-out October 2nd. We read the reviews before our trip and didn't expect much, but never could have imagined how incredibly terrible our experience was.
The room itself wasn't all too bad; it was convenient having a small kitchen with an infant.
Where we were extremely dissatisfied was when we left in the morning to do a little shopping so room service could clean the room. We came back to part of my phone charger laying in the hallway. After further inspection of our room, our PC tablet and charger that had been charging on the kitchen table were also missing. I immediately called security that came with a notepad asking for a statement. I knew it was going downhill when I was handed a notepad for a statement so I called the police. The police came and took a REAL statement and hotel security stood in the hall complaining that we were causing a disturbance because the police were called and now their other guests are upset. Not one time did management come speak to us or even just say sorry. Instead, the hotel staff made us feel like we were the bad guys.
After dealing with the mess of the burglary, the missing housekeeper and explaining why we were checking out, one of the managers was standing in the parking lot, talking about what happened, again like we were the bad guys. When I introduced myself, it was just more of the same. Now I'm out the money of our fabulous stay at the Sea Mist, the items that were stolen in addition to another hotel. Thanks Sea Mist for exceeding our expectations in your superior customer service.

• Stayed October 2013
4 Thank TiffWilliams
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed at the Sea Mist the last 5 years with my greyhounds. The rooms are clean and everything you should need for the kitchenette (stove, microwave, pots and pans, etc)
and bath are available. Hairdryer, iron and board also. You are right on the beach. I am there after the summer season is over so can take the dogs on the beach anytime of the day. I also enjoy the hot Jacuzzi.

Room Tip: I wasn't in the fitness center so don't know how it was-I did see a lot of machines in there...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We come down every few years for the Shrine Convention and Parade. We always stay at Sea Mist and everyone is always very nice. Someone listed the water park as costing $12 for a couple but it is only $3.00 a person, it's not a huge water park but it is very nice and the staff that operate it were very nice to us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Alcoa, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Our room, the staff, breakfast, the entire resort was great! We loved every minute of our stay!! We arrived on Sunday afternoon and had an issue with the hot water Sunday night. I told the sweet lady at the desk downstairs Monday morning and by the time we arrived back Monday afternoon, the issue had been resolved! Thank you Sea Mist Resort for a great and memorable stay!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple