We booked with Sea Mist because the price was right, but next time I'll spend an extra $50 a night and stay at a nicer hotel. I didnt think the hotel would matter to much because we were only sleeping there, but I've learned the hotel really makes an impact on your stay. As we were chcking in, the lady at the front desk didn't greet us with a smile or really make us feel welcome. We didn't think anything of it and went to our room. The room was very out dated, very old appliances, the walls were the same rugged walls that are on the outside of the hotel, and the front windows are from floor to ceiling so you feel like you're on a store front display. (We ended up going and buying a sheet to throw over the bed. I'm suprised we DIDN'T see any bugs during our stay) Within 5 minutes of being in the room, we also noticed the knob on the bathtub was broken. The actual plastic knob was stripped so you could turn the knob left or right all you want but it wasn't changing the temperature of the water, there was NO hot water!!
I immediately called the front desk, and after them insulting my intelligance they said they would call maintnence to come and fix it. We decided to leave and came back 5 hours later to find maintnence never came! The tub was still broken, there was still no hot water. I called the front desk again and the lady was very rude to me on the phone. She said she would call maintence again. Not once did they even suggest moving me to another room, so I called right back and I asked how soon mainence will come and explained we drove for 12 hours in a car and we just want a hot shower. They lady on the phone said she doesn't know maintnences schedule in a very rude tone! So I asked if we could get moved to another room, and she transfered me without saying a word. The man that answered was a little nicer but he told me they don't have any other rooms that are the same type as mine that are available. Almost all the rooms on my floor were empty during our entire stay!! I know this because they keep the curtains wide open when the rooms are empty. I ended up somewhat fixing the bathtub knob my self that night. Maintnence had never come during out entire stay.
The location of the hotel wasn't bad if all you care about is the beach. The hotel is right there on the beach, but so far from anythign else. You need to drive to get to the boardwalk. We tried walking to the boardwalk the first night, it took us an hour just to reach the beginning of the boardwalk, and another half hour to reach anything of interest. We were so tired when we were ready to walk back, and we were dead by the time we got back to the hotel. It's a good thing we did walk though because there is NO parking at night. If you leave during the day and come back to the hotel or night, you're going to have to park a block or two away at another one of SeaMist's parking lots. I expected much better from such a large resort, but Sea Mist was truely our only bad experience about our trip. I wouldn't recommend staying here. Spend a few extra a night and stay somewhere a little more comfortable, with nicer employees who know customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 15 acres with 19 buildings and 800 units ranging from regular hotel rooms, to suites, cottages, penthouse, and apartments. Conveniently located at 1200 South Ocean Boulevard in Myrtle Beach close to all the local attractions, amusements, shopping outlets, and favorite restaurants. Specializes in family vacations, championship golf packages, Myrtle Beach adventures, and group travel. Has the largest selection of resort amenities in Myrtle Beach including the largest on-site water park with a 370 foot long, 7 foot wide lazy river, and a 3,000 square foot oceanfront children's activity pool. Multiple restaurants, tavern, arcade, underground walkway under Ocean Boulevard, ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Mist Oceanfront Hotel
- Sea Mist Myrtle Beach Sc
- Sea Mist Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Sea Mist Resort
- Sea Mist Motel Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Sea Mist Oceanfront
- Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
- Sea Mist Resort Sc
- Sea Mist Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina