“summer vacation for me and boyfriend end of the summer”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #167 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clinton, South Carolina
“summer vacation for me and boyfriend end of the summer”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I like room with we stayed friendly staff very quiet place near beach. walk in distance to eating place. I was fully furniture with dished cook ware and all you need to stay in and cook Customer service was very helpful to us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank harriett22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
North Carolina
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This place is a train wreck! Very old and tired, probably built in the 70's. Has never been refurbished. The "For Sale" sign in front of the building was a red flag...they are just trying to sell it without putting any money into it. We opened the door to the room and immediately turned around, we never even put our bags down we exited so fast! And this was supposedly the "best" building - The Tides.

We did not choose it - it was a golf outing and this was the place we were "assigned"...we went directly to the Sheraton, which was very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tahoe1984

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 October 2013

For what I paid for an oceanfront room, it was great. I was in one of the pet friendly rooms(with a large dog). This is one of the few oceanfront hotels that allow large dogs. The floor was hardwood and tile, so no previous pet stink. They cleaned the room well every day. There were lots of things to do around the property and the pools remained open after Labor Day. The only thing that was lacking was the customer service of the employees. Not all were friendly or personable, but I didn't go to make friends:). The room was well equipped with a full fridge and microwave, as well as dishes. The room was quiet and I never heard my neighbors. My daughter and I had a great time!

Room Tip: Stay above the ground floor to avoid a room that opens into a dark parking garage.
Aurora, Colorado
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our stay at the hotel was pleasant until we decided to add an extra day to our stay. Being we had a dog with us I know only certain rooms accommodate them. Our first 3 days were wonderful, until they could only add another day by moving us from sea side to across the street for one night. Working Hospitality in the past, this was a huge inconvenience and annoying. Trying to make a vacation with son/ daughter in law before his deployment was only a disappoint in the end staying here. Staff is rude, and not accommodating .

Room Tip: Rooms are decent if you have a pet.
Troutman, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I would NOT recommend this hotel. when I called to book was told everything beach side was open, only thing closed was waterpark. Upon arrival a lot of beachside stuff was closed for repairs and upkeep. Stayed in the Spray Building. terribly outdated. As my daughter said you would think they would out a little of the money they make back into the rooms. elevator was dirty and stunk, we felt like we had to search our rooms for bugs! The beds were horrible. I cant even guess how old the mattresses were. The balcony was tiny, shouldn't have even been called a balcony. Very noisy. Was anything but a restful peaceful stay. Please do yourself a favor a stay clear of the sea Mist. I read reviews and thought how bad can it be.... oh boy! That bad!!

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here!
2 Thank Ldavis3574
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 14 October 2013

My family and I just got back from staying at the Sea Mist and this will probably be the only time that I will ever stay with them. It is very outdated. We had to keep asking them to sweep and mop our bunglow. Within 10 minutes after walking across the floor our socks were filthy. The beds were horrible. My entire family complained of back pain from sleeping on those beds. We had someone tell us about this place because they allowed pets to stay. They finally sent a maid to clean the room and she was great. That is really the only plus that I can say about this place. I had read the reviews before we left and thought "It can't be that bad." The reviews were right. They need to update this place. I know that it is Fall, but come on they had already shut down the lazy river and everything else. They could have waited until the end of October.

Room Tip: Best Tip don't stay here>
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 October 2013

My family and I made reservations to stay at the SeaMist for our teenage kids' Fall Break. After driving all the way from Tennessee, we were ready to go to bed when we checked in at about 10:00 pm. Walking into the Spray Building, one would think it was a dungeon. Flickering lights, stinky carpet, and filthy walls were our first impressions. When we finally found our room, we had to walk an extra two flights of stairs (with 7 suitcases and my elderly mother-in-law) because the elevator didn't reach our floor. When we reached out actual suite, we were shocked. The smell of funk was overwhelming. Upon closer inspection we found dirty toilets, holes in the ceiling, chip crumbs
all over the floor, huge bugs everywhere, dirt caked on the kitchen appliances, moldy sinks, and broken furniture. Not to mention, our walk-out balcony was no more than a small window with a view of the ocean. We called a week in advance to verify our room and we asked specifically if we had a balony. The answer was yes.
We stayed at the SeaMist for 20 minutes and then we left. However, the woman working The front desk was very understanding and gave us our money back. Luckily, we found another place to stay, but it wasn't oceanfront. Shame on the SeaMist!

• Stayed October 2013