Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #173 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 23 April 2010

I went with a seamist package and gave up the oceanfront for this package. We stayed in the building behind the main office and it was horrible. It smelled like dog urine, there were coach roaches, and my stepson ended up swallowing a spider in his sleep. The only thing that was nice was the waterslide! The oceanfront buildings may be better but this sucked. We locked our keys up in the truck and the staff was soooo rude! The locksmith was nice and charged us way less than anyone else in town. The movie theater looked like a dump. We went to play putt putt and the green was tore up. The only cute thing about that was a little duck. As big as this place was i was totally DISAPPOINTED!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank lookn4greatdeals
Write a ReviewReviews (2,448)

Reviewed 7 April 2010

I took my kids sea mist for the easter weaken april 2 till april 5. My kids ages 2yrs,9yr and 13yrs old they had a blast. My boy's enjoyed the pools and the beach.they went to the amusement park every day. We had a suite at Ocean front and the view was beautiful did not have any problem wht the rooms..stove*refrigerator*microwave*toaster*coffee pot* this hotel is economical for a family wth young kids. BUt one advise up change the picture because the resort do not look like the pics they show on the internet....

Reviewed 6 April 2010

oK SO i just about read all the reviews and i was very scared that i was gonna get a MOTEL 6 or something...I WENT with my spouse my brother and my son....i must say...it was so much to do that we didnt even get a chance to go play golf...thats if it was even open...MY son WHOM the TRIP was focused on...couldnt stop talking about going to the beach...& the best part was being on the 11th floor and having privacy by siting on your balcony and not having to see your next door neighbors..that was COOL...we plan to go back in MAY just so we can take FULL ADVANTAGE of the amusement parks....THE HOUSEKEEPING LADIES were ON IT!! like they asked were we okay 50 million times but at least i felt like they cared. EVEN when the system went down while processing my payment and we had a whole big issue with that...I STILL never had a doubt in my mind that the issue was not going to be fixed. & FREE COCKTAILS for the ADULTS....yayye me!.....I enjoyed everything because in the end MY SON did not want to leave the BEACH! nor the WATER PARK!.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank hotmominc
Reviewed 2 April 2010

We stayed in the sandlapper 3 bedroom 3 bath last july. The staff was wonderful, the cleaning staff was allways on time and made sure we had everything that we needed. The water park is good for small children. They also have a childrens pool with more slides that is ocean front that my 2 year old daughter loved!!!!! I was afraid of staying here after reading some of the reviews about roaches, I never saw one, however I did see a couple of water bugs that do resemble roaches at the pool. Our room was great however a family member stayed ocean front in a regular room and it was just ok. Both my children loved it and want to go back my two yr old who is now 3 is still talking about the slides. as for my 9 yr old her favorite thing was the beach. the one thing I am dissapointed about is that I did try to book this same room again for this summer 2010 and the price had almost doubled because they are not offering any discounts and $ 2,000 in my opinion is to much for a room that is 2 blocks away from the beach.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank family___vacationer3
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I stayed for. The weekend drove from new york. And I was more impress by the pics on the internet my room was okay the matress was to soft but the location was great walmart is not to far its a great location for a family but if your looking for luxury I would suggest another hotel

2  Thank tee1234
Reviewed 26 February 2010

I dont understand what people are talking about when they say they hate this place. For the money its a great stay. I was in the dunes building with a view of the pool and hottub and ocean to my right. It was very clean and quiet. They are older buildings but didn't effect the stay one bit. The only thing lacking was Wifi for those that need it but you are able to connect the quality inn down the road if you sit outside or Jasons cafe; user: seamist pass: Gulf. They said they were working on installing wifi for the resort. All in all great value and will go again.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank biggyk
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at Sea Mist. I think is so relaxing and comfortable if you want to get away from a busy city.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business