“HAD A BLAST!!!!!”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #173 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 1 January 2011

When we arrived I was a little nervous from all the bad reviews. I walked in at the front desk wanting for an attitude but everyone was so welcoming and very helpful. We stayed in the Driftwood Building and when we unloaded I was expecting to have to wait for an hour to get on the elevator. But it wasn't long at all, we stood in the loby waiting on a ride up, but we were in our room within 5 mins... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. You just have to be patient and enjoy the fact your there. When my son took the card key to open the door to our room I closed my eyes. Then I heard my daughter say, "WOW, THIS IS SOOOO NICE!" I walked in and was shocked. It was so nice and so clean. The balcony was nice, no bugs, no holes in furniture... everything was very nice and clean. The resturants was wonderful, The food was yummy and the entertainment was awesome... The staff were wonderful!!!

Sea Mist is the best place to stay and we can't wait to go back. We are making plans for next year 2011.

For the ones that are complaining I don't see what you all see... I'm a neat freak and can't stand things out of order or dirty. For me to say I have no complaints is a big deal. This place is perfect for families with children. We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mycenter

Reviewed 1 December 2010

Where do I start. I researched this hotel before booking and read the reviews and was a little nervous about booking. I did only because other hotel did not have accomodations for the dates I wanted. The website is very deceiving. The first room that we got was ocean front in the oldest building they have the Sands Building. It was like a dungeon, very dark and moldy smelling, could have something to do with the mold on the walls. After pulling the bed out of the wall, we could not access the refridgerator, stove or sink in room. Ice machine in hallway kept us up all night as well as the partyers in hallway. Homeless guy camped out on patio furniture in front of our room. Furniture in room had flood markings along bottom and room was small and cramped. This is supposed to be a family suite. Website showed flat panel tv and nice furniture, not in this building!!! I called and complained and they gladly switched me to a family suite that was partial ocean view. Much better the second time around. This room was very roomy, bright and was in the Sandcastle building on the eighth floor. The outside of the building was very outdated and dirty but the room was clean. We had a washer and dryer in roof which was very helpful. For the price this room was good and the staff kinda acted like they expected the complaints coming from the Sands Building. The waterpark on the hotel grounds was okay, the kids enjoyed it and that's all that matters. We purchased the family package that included all the amenities on the resort and used them all, I wouldn't use the word resort to describe it, it is kind of like 15 very old buildings purchased and painted to match. The resturant across the street was horrible and the lady making made to order omelets acted like we were bothering her. Very rude staff. I was not impressed but we did not let it ruin our vacation. I would not book this hotel again and next time will stay further north. Read the reviews and believe them. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and don't care about the surroundings, this is the place for you. There are much nicer places to stay in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank denise526
Reviewed 30 November 2010

The service I had was the best.
I love my room it was comfortable in roomy.
I love the location where I stay there was a in door pool there and we had plan of place to park.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank woo9292
Reviewed 18 November 2010

Staff was excellent.
Rooms were big and well equiped with a full kitchen.
I had an ocean front room and the view, beach and sunrises, was breath taking.
The only sound heard while inside room was the sound of crashing waves.
The best hotel experience of my life.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank mlhawken1
Reviewed 15 November 2010

The rooms were neat and clean and just as it appeared in the virual tour. The hotel was convenient to restaurants, stores, and tourist attractions. Great place for a vacation.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2010

This resort is far beyond expectations. We have several years in a row and continue going back. Each year we experience excellent customer service. The restaurant and grill on site have excellent food and unbelievable prices!! Everything is great. Several pools and hot tubs on site, on the beach and close to all grocery, shopping, dining..... A must see is Broadway on the Beach, and must be there on wed evenings at sea mist when they have their weekly oyster roast for the guests. Highly recommend this wonderful resort!!!!!!!!!!! We have recommended several guests and they all loved it as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Where in the world do I start?? First of all, this is NOT a resort. It seems more like a group of buildings that someone purchased and slapped the name resort on! The staff, when they were working, was not pleasant. Many of them stood around in the parking lots and sat on balconies (of guests rooms) talking! The rooms were run down. The security of the building was horrible. The fitness center is more like a playground and was two or three buildings over from where our room was! There were bugs and a multitude of drunken guests outside our room all hours of the night. We had to call the front desk of our building three times...and then went down in person only to be told that someone else in another building handles that. When we tried to call the manager...we were placed on hold multiple times and got disconnected. We were there during the time that the Shriner's were in town and while they do wonderful things.......they were NOT the only paying guests at the beach, yet, they took over our location. They played loud music all hours of the night. There was excessive drinking...resulting in vomit, beer bottles, and trash being all over the place the next day. The streets were blocked off and we were told to park two blocks away and walk and that we couldn't park on the property. We paid for our room just like everyone else! The breakfast at Tena's was mediocre. Some of the staff there was rude, but, the waffles and french toast were great! The movie theatre was closed and not operating. The pools were disgusting. The windows look like they were last cleaned in 1975. There were bugs all over the place (ants, beetles, etc.). The parking was horrible We had to park on the third floor of a parking deck way across the street near residential property and walk with bags of groceries, while local residents parked at the resort and went to the beach to hang out. I will NEVER stay at this place again. We were referred to it by a chapel that we were going to get married at. This place is a joke and they need to upgrade the entire place before they call themselves a resort or best of the beach. Danielle P., Greensboro, N.C.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple