“Find some where else to stay”

Sea Mist Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #177 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 4 March 2011

They made this place out to be the cream of the crop instead it was a hole in the wall. The room smelled the bathroom was not up to standards and with the door closed I still could see people walk by without looking thru the peep hole. This building is very old and they tryed to remodel it but my wife could have done a better job than this and she have no experience. Hate to say it but I got my money back and my family and I found a place on the north side of myrtle beach where it was less traffic and much more up scale. And for a $150.00 more it was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,449)

Reviewed 25 February 2011

Okay I will be completely honest with everyone. This hotel is not super fancy or bran new. It is a decent resort with awesome amenities(even in the off season). My fiance and I rented the romance suite in the driftwood building. It truly is adorable. The bright red, heart shaped tub is adorable although a bit aged looking and the jets are a soft rumble rather than a strong spray. The room has a mini fridge, coffee maker, and microwave, a breakfast nook which has the balcony spot on a typical ocean front room so its beautiful but the other balcony only offers a side view but it is still a very beautiful view and the view during breakfast is to die for! The bed looked really beat up but with super clean sheets( i actually did the black light test!) and pillows. Next to the bed was a very comfy chaise that was very clean. Negatives: our romance suite included champagne that we did not receive on our first night - they did however send it up immediately when i asked the following mornng. The tub looks a little ghetto- it is old and the tile around it has a few stains and cracks but it does heat up super hot and is very comfortable and clean. The balcony door was nearly impossible to open and my fiance is VERY strong...super annoying! Other than that, it was great and definitely worth the money when it's cheaper for the off season. I wouldnt have wanted to pay the summer rate on that suite but the room did make me feel romantic so im happy!:) Their breakfast buffett is AMAZING-do not miss it! and their sauna and steam rooms are actually hot- loved that! Also the pool and sauna areas were immaculately clean!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We went down for a Valentine Special, room was very clean and comfortable, staff was very pleasant, our view was incredible. We would definitely stay there again!!! Had dinner and breakfast right there on premises... Can't wait to bring our kids back during the summer for all the pools, water park, and mini-golf right there on the premises... So much to do without even leaving the hotel....

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Penelope048
Reviewed 16 February 2011

Stayed two nights and woke up to being covered with bed bug bites. I called the General Manager to report this and of couse he did not respond. I did call the Health Dept. to report this and they said it would be investigated. Do not stay here!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
11  Thank Larry033
Reviewed 4 February 2011

I had the most horrible experience at this hotel after paying premium money. Let me begin ... first, unfortunately I was not aware of the "biker's weekend" that is held on memorial day weekend so I booked a room taking four young children with me. When I pulled up to the hotel, I was beyond appalled and nervous by what I witnessed going on outside. However, I decided to try and make the best. NOW: I'm in my room, with the door locked and the kids trying to sleep, and an all-out free for all bacchanal, complete with pot smoking, alcohol abuse, screaming, laughing, nudity in hallway and full out partying is going on at all hours of evening IN THE HALLWAY. Why was this allowed? Management DID NOTHING ... NOTHING to ask the partying guests to limit this activity to their rooms. Any other person or guest smoking pot in the hallways or causing a ruckus at 2:00am would have been thrown out or had the police called. SHAME ON YOU SEA MIST ... You took my money and didn't give a rat's behind about my stay or my rights as a guest. My concerns and complaints fell on deaf ears and my kids weekend was ruined from being frightened to leave the room.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
5  Thank OnTheRoad555
Reviewed 1 January 2011

When we arrived I was a little nervous from all the bad reviews. I walked in at the front desk wanting for an attitude but everyone was so welcoming and very helpful. We stayed in the Driftwood Building and when we unloaded I was expecting to have to wait for an hour to get on the elevator. But it wasn't long at all, we stood in the loby waiting on a ride up, but we were in our room within 5 mins... it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. You just have to be patient and enjoy the fact your there. When my son took the card key to open the door to our room I closed my eyes. Then I heard my daughter say, "WOW, THIS IS SOOOO NICE!" I walked in and was shocked. It was so nice and so clean. The balcony was nice, no bugs, no holes in furniture... everything was very nice and clean. The resturants was wonderful, The food was yummy and the entertainment was awesome... The staff were wonderful!!!

Sea Mist is the best place to stay and we can't wait to go back. We are making plans for next year 2011.

For the ones that are complaining I don't see what you all see... I'm a neat freak and can't stand things out of order or dirty. For me to say I have no complaints is a big deal. This place is perfect for families with children. We had a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mycenter
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Where do I start. I researched this hotel before booking and read the reviews and was a little nervous about booking. I did only because other hotel did not have accomodations for the dates I wanted. The website is very deceiving. The first room that we got was ocean front in the oldest building they have the Sands Building. It was like a dungeon, very dark and moldy smelling, could have something to do with the mold on the walls. After pulling the bed out of the wall, we could not access the refridgerator, stove or sink in room. Ice machine in hallway kept us up all night as well as the partyers in hallway. Homeless guy camped out on patio furniture in front of our room. Furniture in room had flood markings along bottom and room was small and cramped. This is supposed to be a family suite. Website showed flat panel tv and nice furniture, not in this building!!! I called and complained and they gladly switched me to a family suite that was partial ocean view. Much better the second time around. This room was very roomy, bright and was in the Sandcastle building on the eighth floor. The outside of the building was very outdated and dirty but the room was clean. We had a washer and dryer in roof which was very helpful. For the price this room was good and the staff kinda acted like they expected the complaints coming from the Sands Building. The waterpark on the hotel grounds was okay, the kids enjoyed it and that's all that matters. We purchased the family package that included all the amenities on the resort and used them all, I wouldn't use the word resort to describe it, it is kind of like 15 very old buildings purchased and painted to match. The resturant across the street was horrible and the lady making made to order omelets acted like we were bothering her. Very rude staff. I was not impressed but we did not let it ruin our vacation. I would not book this hotel again and next time will stay further north. Read the reviews and believe them. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay and don't care about the surroundings, this is the place for you. There are much nicer places to stay in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family