Before leaving for Springmaid Beach Resort, we were worried based on the mixed reviews. I think your opinion of Springmaid will definitely be determined by your expectations. If you go expecting an upscale, luxury, 5-star resort, you will be bitterly disappointed because that is not what Springmaid is. To get that type of resort in Myrtle Beach in the summer would cost double the rates that we paid at Springmaid. You have to be realistic. Springmaid is a very old resort. Some of the negatives that other reviewers noted, we found to be okay or even a positive. For example, the beds are very firm but we were thrilled by that. I have back problems and appreciated the firm beds. Slept like a baby! The resort is near the airport and planes do take off and land right over the resort. They are so low over the resort that you can almost see the passengers in the windows. We loved it. It was like free entertainment. There were no flights after 9 or 10 pm so noise was not a problem at night and the planes were sporadic at best-not a constant thing. We found the resort to be very clean. The pools were always sparkling. Would not hesitate to swim in them and I am pretty picky about cleanliness. Staff were constantly seen cleaning, vacuuming in hallways and picking up trash. We found no issues with cleanliness whatsoever. The breakfast buffet was a definite plus. I can't believe some reviewers even complained about that. From made to order omelets and make your own belgian waffles to fruits and cereals. It had it all. We ate there every morning. The pier is absolutely the biggest plus of all at Springmaid and is free to enjoy for guests of the resort. We enjoyed swinging over the ocean in the family sized swing on the pier. Many days we sat out on the pier instead of the beach when we didn't want to get all sandy. The burgers and club sandwiches at the pier grill were great. The onsite mini-golf was fun and free.
Now for the negatives and there were a few. We ended up in a 1 room suite in the center section of the Live Oaks building because that was all that was left. Although most rooms appear exactly like the pictures online, ours did not. We liked the fact that it had a sofa and chair, full sized frig and 2 flat screened TVs and was clean. However , the room was very dark and dreary. The flooring, drapes and bedspreads were a dark brown print. The door to the balcony was painted black. We had to leave lights on day and night. Kind of depressing. We also didn't like the location of our room. Our balcony was angled to face the right wing of the building. Our balcony overlooked all the other balconies on this wing and they overlooked us. Not very private and we had a more limited view of the beach. If the beach view and privacy is important to you, ask for a room on the beach end of one of the wings. They had a much better beach view and a little more privacy. If you want to be right at the pier, definitely ask for the Live Oaks building.
Overall, we felt our stay at Springmaid was very good. The staff were all very friendly and accomodating. We will go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid