DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark(Myrtle Beach)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Tropical Seas Hotel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Horn Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
El Dorado Motel(Myrtle Beach)
View Hotel
Sun N Sand Resort(Myrtle Beach)
2,915 results
All reviewspalmetto buildinglive oak buildingconference centerfree mini golfocean viewlazy riverprivate beachice makerbreakfast buffetputt puttfamily reunionindoor pooloff seasonocean blvdparking garagespringmaidpier
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel has been updated but it is still an old property. I travel internationally for work and stay in great three and four star hotels. I will admit I am a frugal traveler, I like to maximize my dollar and CAN NOT stand getting ripped off! I use many websites to book travel and enjoy staying at new properties for a great deal and am going to start reviewing them truthfully for more experienced travelers. I am somewhat amazed this property is so highly ranked and wonder if some contributors' reviews are real. Seems like many 5 star reviews are first time contributors. If you are an experienced traveler take into account noisy old plumbing and end of airport runway location. The "Five Diamond Series mattresses with plush bed toppers, pillows and linens" are dated Jan 2013 but are not pillowtop and not name brand, comfort was an issue(Photo). The curtains were not attached at the ends so making the room dark was impossible(Photo). My room was in the Palmetto which has a parking deck attached and has direct floor access so safety is an issue(Photo). If you do stay at this hotel select your room very carefully, some rooms are directly in front of the parking deck ramps, so it would be very noisy along with the airplanes at 7:00 AM. A mobile home and RV park is directly beside this hotel(Photo).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank K M
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear K M,

After reading your review, I'm very disappointed that our accommodations were not to your satisfaction. We strive to accommodate our guests to the best of our abilities and I'm sorry that we fell short in your expectations. I appreciate your feedback and we work to make our resort one everyone will want to stay. I appreciate you bringing this situation to our attention, and we as a resort value your comments, feedback and your business with us. I'm very sorry that the nearby airport caused noise and took away from making your vacation relaxing and enjoyable. The campground area located on our property has been part of our Resort for many years, this area features annual leased campsites for families to come and enjoy Myrtle Beach. The area is clean, quiet and maintained on a regular basis. I'm very sorry this area of our resort wasn't to your satisfaction.

I understand that you are leery of returning to our facility based on your most recent experience, however with the improvements we are constantly making to better serve our guests I can assure you that if you decide to return your stay will be one with positive memories.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

We stayed here last summer. The rooms were very clean and well kept. The balconies were really nice, with great views. The Pier was amazing every morning and night. Alot was going on and it was beautiful all lit up. It was very crowded and check-in was horrible. It took us waiting in line for over a hour to get checked in. For the most part though the staff was very friendly considering... The laundry room was a long way away from the part we were at which was hard, they only had 3 washers and dryers for a resort of 3 hotels...waiting for them was a very long wait. Over all it was a pretty nice stay, although I will probably never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JSG76

Dear JSG76,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of Springmaid Beach Resort. It is always wonderful to hear when we do a great job so we can pass the accolades on to our team. We appreciate you writing!

We hope you get a chance to come back and see us again real soon. Thanks again for choosing Springmaid Beach Resort for your get-away!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

reception was great. they had to check in our 250+ family members and other guests. rooms were dated but clean.food options at the property were not very good, but lots of local restaurants nearby. the banquet food was really much better than I thought it would be. all hotel staff we encountered were courteous and helpful

Room Tip: corner Hospitality suites are bigger. all room are great and close to the beach
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank PhillyKev1264
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2014

Dear PhillyKev1264,

The team we have here at Springmaid Beach Resort is one of the happiest, friendliest teams I have ever had the pleasure of working alongside. We all understand the definition of the word "hospitality" and make sure we epitomize it daily. Thanks for taking the time to write this review, we are honored that you and your family reunion chose our resort.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Springmaid Beach Resort experience. We are grateful for this visit and look forward to many more visits from you. See you next time!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My family stayed at the Springmaid last year for our family vacation and loved it! There was something for everyone to do and we all loved the Luau. Recently my husband and I were able to get away for a weekend, just the two of us and really enjoyed relaxing at the Springmaid. The staff, the restaurant, the pier, everything was great! We can't wait to go back this summer with the family again!

Room Tip: We have stayed in the one bedroom ocean front and the two bedroom oceanview and both were great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear April S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. It is always wonderful to hear when we do a great job so we can pass the accolades on to our team. I appreciate you writing and sharing your excellent comments with us, I'm glad you and your family were able to enjoy the Luau during the stay with us.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Jan. 11-12, 2014 Palmetto bldg...This was our first stay at Springmaid and from now on will be our first choice. All staff were friendly and professional. We were there to experience the horseback riding from the State Park next door so it was very convenient and also next door to Damon's oceanfront dining. Nice to be away from the massive tourist section of Myrtle. We did run short on towels because the kids used them for swimming in their clean heated pool but called the Front Desk and a fresh WARM supply of towels was promptly delivered with a smile...even in a rainstorm! Clean and comfortable room, all appliances were in working order...no complaints at all! Breakfast at the Marlin was delicious. Enjoyed a walk on the beach and Pier and actually the gift shop prices are very reasonable. Parking was very convenient and elevators were very clean. We look forward to going back later this year for an extended stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Helen K
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Helen K,

Your title says it all! "The Place to Stay" That is what we strive to deliver. It is always great to hear when we succeed! I enjoyed reading your review and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and comments.

Thank you for taking the time to share all the lovely things you had to say about Springmaid Beach Resort! We appreciate the 5 star rating, and to have you here again for some more fun and relaxation. See you then!