“Nice, clean newly renovated rooms.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront
Ranked #39 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Johnstown, Ohio
“Nice, clean newly renovated rooms.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

Enjoyed our stay at Springmaid Beach Resort. Have visited Myrtle Beach many times, but this is the first hotel that we have liked enough to return to the next time we visit the area. Staff was friendly. Grounds and pool area kept clean. A lot of organized activities in which to participate.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Good Morning LaurieDG143,

The team we have here at Springmaid Beach Resort is one of the happiest, friendliest teams I have ever had the pleasure of working alongside. We all understand the definition of the word "hospitality" and make sure we epitomize it daily.

Thank you for taking the time to share your Springmaid Beach Resort experience. We are grateful for the 4 star review, and look forward to many more visits from you. See you next time!

Donald Hovis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (793)
Lexington, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

The renovations are very nice; we are still mystified at the up and down to get to the meeting rooms from the different room floors.

BARnacles, the little bar/restaurant on the beach, was a delightful experience. The servers and chefs were friendly and helpful, and the variety offered was delightful -- the fish tacos were wonderful and not at all what we expected. Would appreciate a selection of wines beyond mini-bottles of each color, but at least they were a quality brand (Sutter Home) rather than the cheaper ones that some places offer.

Room Tip: Make sure your room's refrigerator doesn't make intermittent noise -- ours made strange soun...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bcshealy
Donald H, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear bcshealy,

Thanks for your comments on BARnacles, we enjoyed reading about your wonderful experience. We are glad you found your happy place, and look forward to having you back again and again. See you next time!

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Great vista of beautiful beach to gaze at/walk on, simply a wonderful location! Clean and neat rooms, very convenient to the Convention Center. Friendly and responsive staff that know how to care for guests.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank accited_2_scrappin
Dear addicted_2_scrappin,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

We went there back on Labor Day Weekend we were tricked into getting rooms here with their fake and bogus advertisement photos . Despite me telling them to no to send anymore correspondence to my home they continue to do so . And when I called to complain the ignorant non educated operator rudely hung up the phone and refused to allow me to speak with an operator . PLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE OF HORROR !!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Clifton C
Dear Clifton C,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments with us. We value your business and I'm sorry we fell short in your expectations. I sincerely apologize for you still receiving our promotions, and I also apologize for being hung up by the hotel operator.

All of your comments have been passed onto the entire management team for review and correction. Once again, I appreciate your bringing this situations to our attention.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

From reading many of the reviews I was very afraid and skeptical about my stay at Springmaid Beach Resort. I purchased my 5 days stay at the resort via Hotwire.com's Mystery Hotel. I actually got it at a ridiculously low price. My thought process was that since I paid for 5 days for what many pay for one night that no matter what the resort was like that I would still be the victor!

What a pleasant surprise. The room was small but no smaller than any other hotel room. It included a full size refrigerator and microwave; all that you need when you are on vacation. The bathroom was tiny but the shower was AMAZING. The water, however, could be scalding with one wrong turn of the knob. Both my daughter and I had to leap out of the shower a couple of times. The sink and vanity was outside of the bathroom so that was a little awkward. Since I'm a germ-aphobe I did not really like having to come out of the bathroom to wash my hands but I quickly got over it. Other than that, the location was great. The rooms was clean and nicely decorated.

Now the downside is that it is on the flight path. So this is NOT [repeat NOT] the spot for the business traveler. The flights don't stop until about 11pm and they resume early morning. For the vacationer like me ---I could care less.

To clarify what another traveler said [and depicted] yes there are some doors that open to the garage HOWEVER those entry doors are the back of your unit. The front opens up to an ocean view or ocean front. So do you really care where the "back door" opens? And if you do simply mention that; its not rocket science. Also in a review I read that it was dark and dingy but in the pictures the black out drapes were drawn. So, again --- another misleading review.

Now the only couple of problems that I had was that upon check in that nobody told me about the amenities of the resort. It was not busy so there was no reason why no one could not have spent a little more time with me so that I go the most of my visit. Like --- I didn't know about the interactive board in the registration area until I was checking out. I would have like to have known about that so that I could have obtained coupons or activities ideas.

Oh, we went to the heated pool which seemed abandoned. There were no towels and it was kind of uninviting. We thought that since it was heated that we'd take advantage of it. But our efforts were futile. We called the front desk and was told that there were no towels for the pool on the off season that we'd have to use the towels from our room. That was a little off putting and by the time we got back to our room we just said "forget it".

Also, I asked for a late check out and was advised that I could pay $30 to stay until 3pm. Well, on the day of I was told that this was not available to me and that I could only stay until 12pm. Had I known I would have secured a hotel room elsewhere for a day. My flight wasn't scheduled to leave until 9:15pm so the additional time would have helped me kill half a day. When I mentioned this upon checkout the agent was very empathetic but the erroneous information created a severe hiccup in my itinerary.

Other than that ---- Great beach location; on the Grand Strand but away from the hustle and bustle. I'll be back; hopefully with another discount.

Room Tip: I was in the Palmetto Building. It was a partial ocean view but was pretty much full on. If its not...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FabFrugalTraveler
Dear IndyLeigh,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your 4 star review of Springmaid Beach Resort. We appreciate all the nice things you had to say about us. We are thrilled that you were able to enjoy a nice relaxing vacation with us.

West Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This was a great trip. The resort was 5 star! Friendly and Helpful personal. I will recommend it to all my friends. The last day I was there had two friends drive in to play golf they could not get over this hidden gem at the south end of Ocean blvd. Rooms and bed exceptional.

Room Tip: Palmetto building exective king rm. great. Last night had two bedroom suit in other building. Had a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank td31752
Dear td31752,

Your title says it all! "You have got to stay here" That is what we strive to deliver. It is always great to hear when we succeed!

Thank you for taking the time to share all the lovely things you had to say about Springmaid Beach Resort! We appreciate the 5 star rating, and to have you here again for some more fun and relaxation. See you next time!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

This is a great place to stay short or long vacation. Must see both properties, on in NC mountains and the Beach resort. Clean, customer friendly and just a great home away from home. Close to everything at the beach without all the commercial stores, nestled in at the end of the beach, close to Town Center and then outlet shopping. Perfect location, easy access to everything. Mountain resort, well take all you need it is truly a small area, great get away. But the resort itself is beautiful with horseback riding, cabins and camping areas. Fishing, total relaxation 100% Springmaid we love our vacations and short get aways! Our best friends travel with us when we come to Springmaid and love it!

Room Tip: Palmetto building has been our favorite. Cypress for pet friendly too.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Carolyn W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Springmaid Beach Resort experience. We are grateful for the 5 star review, and look forward to many more visits from you. See you next time!