This review comes from the perspective of a middle-age golfer with decent income who could afford to stay at a $200 a night room but wanted to spend our money instead on great golf courses.
A group of us went for a five-day golf vacation third week of April. I had requested Springmaid based on reviews. I can say that Springmaid made us feel very welcome and was a great location to base a golf trip. Check-in was smooth and they let us keep our bags at check-in before and after our stay. Not noisy, close to shops and restaurants. Market Commons is an upscale shopping center with great restaurants, a Barnes & Noble, and a 14 screen cinema and is really nice and five minutes by cab or a reasonable walk.
It's right on the beach with a balcony and ocean view for every room. Rooms are very clean and have a full-size fridge, microwave and flat-screen TVs. Even though its only five minutes from the airport, it's not noisy at all. You can rent all sorts of water sports activities close by. The pier is nice (didn't go on it, but very close to the hotel) but people do like to fish on it. We didn't use the pool or the other amenities but they looked in great shape and people were enjoying them.
When we were there, there were were lots of families as well as groups of teenagers from different types of competitions. But surprisingly this did not interefere with us at all. I would stay at this location if I were in town on business. Free wi-fi.
A great example of the service occurred on the last day of our trip. We had a few hours to kill after check-out and a round of golf but before our flight and we were stuck with our large golf bags. The staff let us store our stuff and even use the showers until we left for the airport. That let us enjoy Market Commons for a few hours.
Our group members typically stay in mid to high end hotels, but for this trip we wanted a good location at a great value. We were extremely pleased with what we received. We came here to golf, so all we needed was a convenient and clean room with basic amenities and good service. Springmaid was all of that and more. Hats off to them. We'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid