I booked a 1-room efficiency with very short notice. Overall a very good experience. The Pros:
- Every interaction I had with the staff exceeded my expectations. They were all very friendly, and went out of their way to be helpful.
- Looks like the rooms have been recently remodeled. It's decorated nicely, and it's kept pretty clean.
- You get free access to the pier, which makes for relaxing walks
- The beach is not overly crowded. This is because it's probably 1/8 mile away from any other resort.
- All the pools and common areas are kept very clean and inviting.
- Lots of activities for the kids
- Inexpensive compared to other resorts.
- We didn't love the restaurants. Marlins was okay for a breakfast buffet, but nothing memorable (except for the fact that it is very overdue for a renovation). BARnicles is the restaurant on the pier. I wouldn't repeat that one. It's worth a quick drive off the resort.
- The rooms have all new appliances, but the A/C was REALLY loud. And since it worked on a thermostat, it woke my wife and I up repeatedly through the night.
- The resort is directly East of the airport, so it's directly in the flight path. And you'll hear every plane.
The net is, we'd probably repeat for a weekend escape. But I'd get my meals offsite, and I'd make sure the A/C in the rooms was a bit more quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid