This was our second stay at Springmaid in 3 years. This stay was very short since we were in town for a dance competition and only needed 2 nights. Unfortunately, because of our schedule we did not get to enjoy all of what Springmaid has to offer.
We arrived around 8 pm, checkin was a breeze, no issues.
We stayed in a deluxe ocean view room in the Live Oaks building. This is a horseshoe shaped building so your first view is not so much the ocean but all the towels draped over the balconies across from you. Look to the left and there is your ocean view. We stayed in the Palmetto building our first stay and that was ocean front.
Room was comfortable for the 4 of us ( 2 adults and 2 teens). I am not crazy about the sink being in the sleeping area. I am an early riser, my kids are not and I was concerned about waking them.
Full sized refrigerator is great for storing our leftovers and drinks that we brought with us. We also brought our own breakfast items instead of spending money at the buffet.
Parking is at a premium at this resort. We left for dinner and had to park in the overflow lot across the street when we returned. Also, if you drive a large vehicle, good luck parking in he garage. The spaces are tight as are some of the exits. Getting around some of the support columns was a challenge in a large SUV.
We were here on a Wednesday night and they have a luau. We were able to watch the dancing and fire twirling from our balcony.
Overall, enjoyed our limited time at Springmaid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid