My parents recommended this place to me from their trip a few years back. I'm glad I took their recommendation. Nice rooms (we stayed in the Palmetto), great area, lots of pools, and they keep up the grounds of the resort very well. Free putt-putt mini-golf as much as you can play. They have an activities group that does things daily for the kids (kickball, hulu hoop, duck races in lazy river, face painting, etc). The Springmaid pier is very nice and free for guests to use. Wasn't real impressed with their restaurant on the pier (Barnacles), and we never tried the "Marlins" restaurant. Nice parking garage and lots of spaces. Free towels to use near all the pools. All the workers/staff we encountered were friendly and talkative.
My only major complaint is the elevators - slow, very hot (should be able to have some type of vent/air in them), and noisy. Wi-fi internet service also seemed to be lacking in speed (not sure if it was cause I was on the sixth floor). Full sized fridge in room was kind of nasty on the outside (rusting, dented, etc).
Overall, I highly recommend Springmaid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently remodeled, the entire 27-acre, oceanfront resort feels fresh and new. Our location on the quieter southern end of the famous Ocean Boulevard feels more secluded, yet this family-friendly resort is just minutes from all the excitement of Myrtle Beach's most popular attractions, theaters, shopping, dining and golf. Spacious, designer-renovated rooms include all ocean view balconies, beautifully appointed fabric and furnishings, plush 5 Diamond Series mattresses and bedding, granite countertops, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker, safe and more. The resort features indoor/outdoor pools, Ocean Blue restaurant for all day dining, the beachfront Southern Tide Bar & Grill, 1068 ft Fishing Pier, 18-hole miniature golf course, fitness center, gift shop, tackle shop, and wireless internet. The resort offers more than 35,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces and is host to Myrtle Beach's largest oceanfront Conference Center. All guests enjoy complimentary access to Springmaid Pier. Fishing is available at a discounted rate. All rooms are air conditioned and non-smoking. We offer a limited number of pet-friendly accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Myrtle Beach Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springmaid Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Springmaid Beach Resort And Conference Center
- Springmaid Hotel
- Springmaid Resort
- Springmaid Beach Myrtle
- Beach Springmaid