“Not a Palace but not a dump”
Review of The Palace Resort

The Palace Resort
Ranked #82 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 8 October 2007

We stayed 8 nights at the end of Sept and beginning of Oct. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Room 1908 had been updated I believe from other posts I've read. It had a very nice kitchen area. The bedrooms were on the small side from what I have stayed in before but we weren't in the room much anyway. The people at the Palace were very friendly. Shirley our maid took really good care of us and the room. She was a delight.
We left just as the bikers came in and sad to say as soon as they got there our stay was tainted. The last two nights were hard to get any sleep because of all the motors reving in the parking garage which had the lower level reserved for the motorcycles. Obscenities appeared on one of the elevator doors which we didnt care for since our daughter was with us. It's a shame adults choose to act that way.
Overall it was a nice stay and we will be back next year. Hopefully the bikes won't be.

1  Thank MeccTech
Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed 8 October 2007

I stayed here for 2 nights in unit #1706. Very outdated, floors dirty, carpet dirty (afraid to take my shoes off!), water dripped from a/c vent in the ceiling onto the carpet. The bed was supposed to be a queen but was instead a very uncomfortable full size. The television cannot be seen from the bed. The wallpaper was peeling off in places and the chrome in the bathroom was rusty. There was a musty odor in the hallways and always a long wait for an elevator. I never even saw a maid, much less having any maid service in our room. The beautiful indoor pool on their website? If it exists, I never did find it. This was my first and last time at this hotel...I will go back to their sister property next door for my next trip, The Landmark Resort.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2007

The Palace Resort is not even close to a palace or a resort. It was more like a terrible low budget movie that you can't stop thinking about! We (myself,wife,daughter) arrived on a Friday evening around 5pm to one of the nastiest rooms we have ever been in. We were there long enough to discover the counters were filthy, the floors were sticky and appeared as though a cleaning service had never stepped foot in this room along with a stench in the air.
We immediately left in search of another hotel. Luckily we found a vacant spot for the weekend. We called The Palace Resort and explained the situation to management on our way back to pick up our things. They met us in the room and claimed it was in great shape. We explained the room was nothing like their website advertised. The staff was not friendly about the situation nor did they try to correct the problem. They were more interested in refunding the money than trying to fix the problem. We were not even offered an apology during this entire ordeal! Do not go by their website advertisement or the pictures displayed online.

Reviewed 9 September 2007

Having stayed at The Palace about 12 years ago, we were excited to stay again- at that time ( I was a teenager) we thought it was an awesome hotel- wow, things have changed! The hotel is very outdated, I think that everything is the same since our last visit. Compared to the newer hotels with more water features and amminties, they are lacking. We stayed in a two bedroom suite and our beds were really hard, the room not clean and our TV in the den did not work. The elevators had exposed wires and was quite slow and the couch in the lobby is the dirtest I have ever seen- it was gross! The crowd at the hotel was not what we expected. For the money we should have stayed somewhere else. We will NOT be staying at the Palace agian!

Reviewed 27 August 2007

We booked the room for 6 nights but we left on the 5th night. We couldnt take the dirty bed sheets, dirty carpet (that made your feet black from dirt) Also the room and the entire hotel is in need of remodeling and TLC.. Our room had 80's wall paper that was falling down and DIRTY carpet.. By far this is the worst hotel that I have ever stayed at! Only 3 elevators for 23 floors and the day we checked in only 2 were working so when you ddi get an elevator eveyone had to pack on there ... Not a good experience at all.. I would really think about staying in a different hotel. The view from the 18 floor was great but that was it. I also think that the 2 pools where way to small for such a big hotel. Hope this helps!! but I really wouldnt stay at this hotel if you like CLEAN ROOMS & SHEETS!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2007

DON'T EVER stay at the Palace Resort. I should have read these reviews before I booked our stay of 5 days. It was absolutely TERRIBLE!!!!! It started when we were told at 12:00pm the day of our check-in to come back around 1:30 or 2:00 and they would let us check in an hour early. We went to the store and bought some food, which included ice cream and cold stuff. We went back at 2:00 and she refused to check us in. We had to throw out several of the items. Then we had to wait FOREVER for an elevator to take us up-we were only going to the 4th floor. The room had a terrible musty odor as soon as we walked in. The towels hanging up in the bathroom had red stuff on it, so they obviously had not been changed. The remotes did not work to the tv or the DVD player. To top it all off, the ceiling over the shower in the bathroom had mildew all over it. I complained to the manager, but she didn't care. I paid over $100 a night to stay at a decent place, but trust me-don't waste your money!!!!! I've stayed at better 2 star hotels!!! I recommend the Springmaid Resort. I have stayed there many times and will go back there next time.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank jmwild
Reviewed 17 August 2007

If you are looking to stay at this resort please THINK AGAIN.. We stayed in room 1201 and it was a nightmare. Everything went wrong. refrigerator not working to no wake up calls, no hot water, having to reset the hot water tank everytime you wanted hot water. water dripping from pipes in the cloest, no alarm clocks, horrible bed feels like a brick, maids stink at cleaning, absoutely no ammenities, no service from anyone working at this resort (if that's what you want to call it) Rude employees. Not worth your time or money to even think of staying at this place. Turn around think again. World's worst resort of all time. your vacation will be ruined.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
rfkenter, owner of condo 1201 at The Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2008

Condo 1201 has been purchased by a new owner. It has been refurbished with new carpet, tile floors in bathroom and kitchen, and new paint throughout. The water heater has been repaired and tested. A new full sized refrigerator has been installed along with some new furniture. An alarm clock is included along with several new amenities.

A new rental management company has been retained to manage rentals of this condo. They are professionals with a high level of quality and customer commitment. They maintain their condos to a high standard of quality.

The Palace Resort provides a very enjoyable and quality environment for its guests. We can attest to this since we live there six months of the year.