Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #83 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
“Much Needed Vacation”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my second stay at the Palace. I enjoyed it so much the first time, in 2011, that it was the first place I thought of when considering Myrtle Beach for this years 5 night vacation.
I booked the room in February as I now have a 2 year old and am functioning as a single parent, so you can imagine how much "we" needed this vacation. Booking the room was easy, but as time went by I had to change my reservations or ask questions several times leading up to our arrival date. Each time i was treated like a life-long friend and as if they would accommodate any of our needs. The customer service was wonderful and made me look forward to our stay so much more.
Upon our arrival we received the same wonderful service, but with nothing but smiles and helpfulness and courtesy. Check in was prompt and efficient, and any time we needed extra towels, trash-bags, or anything housekeeping would be right there to assist....again with a big smile and genuine desire to be of service.
Our room was on the first floor and there was a roof just the other side of our balcony, and can you believe they had staff go on that rooftop to pick up trash and cigarette butts from the upper floors so as to keep the entire facility clean. Pretty Awesome!!!!!!
Breakfast was always nice. The ladies in the restaurant were extremely pleasant, conversational and what people in the service industry should be like. Everything was always stocked and the variety/selection was suitable for all ages.
We had a wonderful time and because we stayed at the Palace, it was even better. I would go back in a second, but NOT when it's Bike Week (too many bikes, fowl language, and women with far too little clothing on! Very inappropriate for teens and especially young children and toddlers!!!!!!)

Room Tip: Lower oceanfront levels best as far as view and wind.
2 Thank Tiffany W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been going to the Palace for a couple of years. I paid for my room in advance three weeks ahead of time. When I checked in I was told by the front desk clerk that I had to pay a deposit. Never in any of my stays at the Palace have I had to do this before. It is is a holiday so the banks are closed. They said I cannot not check in without a $100 deposit,after I was told by reservations that everything was all set all I had to do was show up. I had to use all my cash to pay for the $100.00 deposit so we could not do anything that day. Then I was told they will not be seriving free breakfast that that has always given before and a new Manager started the policay a week ago. I used to love to come here even if it was not fancy like the other resorts because of the value of the free breakfast for my whole family. I will not be coming here again. They should have sent a letter or have these new policys posted on the website to give people a heads up instead of blind siding them at check in. Other people at the front desk were having the same problems as I. Do not come here!

5 Thank dal510

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This hotel was terrible. Our room smelled horrible. The furniture looks like they where picked up from a dumpster. Stains on all the furniture and floors. STAY AWAY! Just plain disgusting! Worse vacation ever.

Room Tip: Stay away. Seriously.
1 Thank 736elizabethl
Shelbyville, Indiana
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Overall, we really liked this resort. Granted, it does need to be updated, but the view of the ocean from our room (20th floor) was great and trumped the need for updating. One thing we did not like about this hotel was the fact you had to access the elevators from the lobby. You have to take one elevator in the parking garage to the lobby, then use 1 of 3 elevators to get to your room. Our last day it was starting to get busy and it took awhile to get an elevator to use. The common areas of the hotel are in need of upgrading, but it was ok for the price we paid. I liked the fact you could walk right out to the beach as well. The breakfast buffet was always good and the staff was always helpful and friendly. The bed right next to the window was an issue with the sun coming in very early and waking us up, but is was a beautful view. I was a little scared when I saw some of the prior reviews, but please don't let them keep you from trying is resort. Please try it and make your own opinion.

Room Tip: The higher you are, the better the view of the ocean.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I have come here for several years. The staff this time was excellent. I stayed on the 22nd floor, so had the hot tub up there and coin-op laundry, and not as much road noise....and an excellent view of the beach and midway in the distance.

Room Tip: I recommend the 2 bedroom suite with the separate living room/kitchen area. 2 bathrooms and 3 or mor...
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Our view of the ocean from our room was breathtaking. To hear the waves crashing on the shoreline was so mesmerizing to me. To think that we were mere steps from such majestic beauty even while in our own suite was such a blessing to us.

This more than made up for the minor cons. The biggest of these was the state of the refrigerator in the unit. I'm not sure at what point it was became fist beaten but to find it in such a state when we came in to stay took a little of the wind out of my sails. Not that I was expecting absolute perfection but to find it in such an aweful state made me wonder who had been in that suite before. Though I'm not snobby, it just really put my mind in a place to wonder about the people who'd do such a thing to a refrigerator... and to know that they'd stayed there before us...

Simply changing out the refrigerator before we got there would have improved my opinion of the suite greatly from my current perception of it.

I have to say though, even considering this we greatly enjoyed our stay. The view of the ocean, the overall state of the suite, and the price of our accommodation balanced out well.

I wouldn't recommend it to the hoity toity people who'd be expecting a 5 start kinda thing. But to those of us who are looking for a good deal on a nice stay I'd highly recommend it.

We do plan to come back next year to visit The Palace and our own little spot on the ocean. :)

Room Tip: Higher rooms give a more spectacular view of the ocean
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I needed a break and wanted something nice at the beach, and calm. I got the rejuvenation that I longed for at The Palace. We had a very nice room on the beach, facing the ocean. There is nothing like waking up in the morning with the sounds of the beach at you balcony, and seeing dolphins playing in the ocean, really! I can't wait to go back. NM

Room Tip: Higher floors have beautiful panoramic views 24/7.