Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of The Palace Resort

The Palace Resort
Ranked #82 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great time at The Palace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2013

The view of the ocean was amazing! The room was always kept clean by the housekeepers. Our room had a full kitchen with pots and pans included. It had a 36-40" LED flat screen TV with a blu-ray player. The fridge, the oven, and the dishwasher are a little outdated but the fridge was working just fine. I can't comment on the others because we never used them during our stay. Also the shower curtains were a little moldy. The free breakfast was good which included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage links, biscuits, fruit, cereal, cranberry juice, apple juice, and orange juice. The Wi-Fi service was exceptional. All of the staff members at the hotel were always nice and very helpful. This was the first time my girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel and we will definitely return on our next vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Dennis M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Richlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Been staying here for 15 yrs...I tried another resort last year because of last minute plans and was very disappointed. The staff at the Palace are always helpful and friendly. The rooms are nice, very clean and the recent improvement are just making things better.

5 Thank Sherriec226
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed at the Palace Resort for a week. The front desk and restaurant staff were friendly but the hotel room was a nightmare. The bed and pull out couch were back breaking hard. The room was extremely outdated. The bathroom shower leaked and the air conditioner was loud and stopped working the day we checked out. The housekeeping only came by once during our week stay. The free breakfast was not to our liking so we only ate in the restaurant one time. We still managed to enjoy our vacation as the location and beach view was excellent. I would not stay here again though.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank DeloresML

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Mullins, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

only proble I had was .I ask for a smokeing room .so u all give me a nosmokeing room.but it was a.....ok retired army .......I when with what u all throw at me .....thank u.....thank u.........thank uu.......thank u

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank mack w
LaPorte, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent 3 nights at the Palace Resort. We stayed in a one bedroom unit which was good size. I'm sure their are newer hotels available but I was quite satisfied with the property. The room had a fully equipped kitchen ,living room, 1 bath and a separate bedroom. The leather sofa could be used as a sofa bed if desired. Although it is apparent the hotel is not new it was appointed tastefully and was comfortable. It was a nice touch to have a large Flat Screen TV in the living room and a average size Flat Screen TV in the bedroom. The view from the balcony is nice although it is very small (2 small chairs and a little table took the whole area). There are also many windows with an ocean view.
The property is located directly on the beach. There are 2 pools and 2 jacuzzi hot tubs ocean-side. There is also a bar/lounge that serves a limited menu from 12PM-9PM. The breakfast was good and served buffet style by the staff. Items included scrambled eggs, potatoes, bacon, ham, sausage, etc. Other self serve items included juice, coffee,cereal, toast. It is nice to have the breakfast included with your room price.
The service and overall attitude of the staff was impressive. Everyone from the front desk to the maids and servers were always pleasant and genuine. Overall a nice property that I will return to in the future. If you are not super picky and want a nice place that is reasonable in price you will be pleased.

Room Tip: All one bedrooms are angle view of the north or south beach. If possible ask for a room facing South...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Paul M
Monroe, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my second stay at the Palace. I enjoyed it so much the first time, in 2011, that it was the first place I thought of when considering Myrtle Beach for this years 5 night vacation.
I booked the room in February as I now have a 2 year old and am functioning as a single parent, so you can imagine how much "we" needed this vacation. Booking the room was easy, but as time went by I had to change my reservations or ask questions several times leading up to our arrival date. Each time i was treated like a life-long friend and as if they would accommodate any of our needs. The customer service was wonderful and made me look forward to our stay so much more.
Upon our arrival we received the same wonderful service, but with nothing but smiles and helpfulness and courtesy. Check in was prompt and efficient, and any time we needed extra towels, trash-bags, or anything housekeeping would be right there to assist....again with a big smile and genuine desire to be of service.
Our room was on the first floor and there was a roof just the other side of our balcony, and can you believe they had staff go on that rooftop to pick up trash and cigarette butts from the upper floors so as to keep the entire facility clean. Pretty Awesome!!!!!!
Breakfast was always nice. The ladies in the restaurant were extremely pleasant, conversational and what people in the service industry should be like. Everything was always stocked and the variety/selection was suitable for all ages.
We had a wonderful time and because we stayed at the Palace, it was even better. I would go back in a second, but NOT when it's Bike Week (too many bikes, fowl language, and women with far too little clothing on! Very inappropriate for teens and especially young children and toddlers!!!!!!)

Room Tip: Lower oceanfront levels best as far as view and wind.
2 Thank Tiffany W
Greensboro, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I have been going to the Palace for a couple of years. I paid for my room in advance three weeks ahead of time. When I checked in I was told by the front desk clerk that I had to pay a deposit. Never in any of my stays at the Palace have I had to do this before. It is is a holiday so the banks are closed. They said I cannot not check in without a $100 deposit,after I was told by reservations that everything was all set all I had to do was show up. I had to use all my cash to pay for the $100.00 deposit so we could not do anything that day. Then I was told they will not be seriving free breakfast that that has always given before and a new Manager started the policay a week ago. I used to love to come here even if it was not fancy like the other resorts because of the value of the free breakfast for my whole family. I will not be coming here again. They should have sent a letter or have these new policys posted on the website to give people a heads up instead of blind siding them at check in. Other people at the front desk were having the same problems as I. Do not come here!

• 1 of 5 bubbles