Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of The Palace Resort

The Palace Resort
Ranked #82 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raeford, North Carolina
“We enjoyed it here!!!!! Glad we took our chances”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed here from June 16-19 2014, I was so very worried because of the reviews and was already has a backup in case we needed it.. Check in was superb, I asked could I check out the room first so see if it was acceptable, they had no problem with this, and would have given me another room if I would have asked. Anyway the elevators are very very slow, but thats around check in time and evening, I was prepared for that, after reading reviews.. We stayed in 1009 a one bedroom angle sun suite and we enjoyed it, the kids had room to play everything was clean, and the staff were excellent to us. they always spoke when we walked thru,, I read alot of negative reviews and it had me very worried, but I am so glad we took our chances! they had 2 pools one of them was cold, and one seemed to be much warmer! They have there own entrance to the beach and a outside shower to rinse the sand off as well, we plan to stay again in August, thats how much I enjoyed it.. this place has 23 floors,,, we stayed on the 10th, I think that is just the right level to enjoy the views and not be to high or too low, The price for the condo was very affordable and everything was just great rate, go ahead and make your reservation now you will not be sorry!!!!!

Room Tip: stay on floor 10-15! and just prepare to wait a bit for the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Armywifenmomof3
Ebony W, Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It's our goal to make every guest feel at home, and to provide the best service possible to make that happen. We appreciate your business, and your kind comments about our property, and staff. We hope that you will book with us again soon, and can't wait to provide you with your next outstanding stay in Myrtle Beach.

Palace Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Lancaster, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We have stayed here for the past 2 years. My Family and I are currently due to go back to The Palace Resort in just a little over 3 weeks. This place has got to be the best around due to the Staff (EBONY) being so helpful along with it being clean . I would recommend this place to the President!! The elevators seem to be a slight problem but If you use it early in the morning or late of the afternoon around check-in time Expect a wait. The Breakfast is amazing . From now on me and my family will be staying here every year we vacay to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TeresaG20
Ebony W, Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Every comment that we receive is valuable in helping us evaluate and improve our quality of service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we would like for you to know that we appreciate your business very much. From all of the staff here at the Palace Resort, we hope that you will book with us again very soon, and we can't wait to provide you with your next outstanding vacation in the Myrtle Beach area.

Elgin, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at The Palace Resort. Everything was clean and in working condition. The room was comfortable and airy and had everything we needed. Being in town for work with busy days planned, having a hot breakfast included was a big plus.

1 Thank Kameo9999

Myrtle beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I am currently staying at this resort In a condo through a private renter I found on homeaway.com I had absolutely no problem with this hotel until last night. Yes the elevator has a long wait at most times but the issue is their employees. The first night my sister and god daughter got here the room right next to them was doing drugs and the smell seeped through the cracks and into the hallway. My one year old niece does not need to be introduced to that. Security was called and the problem was solved. But next to my room was a very loud party. That kept playing music loudly. Doing drugs. Banging on walls. And going party hopping. We then called security and he security guard said " I go where I hear noise. How would you like it if I banged on your door and there was no noise no party" I then responded " sir I told you they are party hopping and this hallway smells like weed " he constantly interrupted me and blocked the door to the laundry room so I could not go back to my room. He also got into my face multiple times. He said " you don't listen to me I don't listen to you this is bulls!!! go home " i then asked him if he was going to do his job and take care of this smell and the multiple parties or am I going to have to stay awake all night long. The conversation then ended with him walking away and allowing these parties to continue and the disrespect was unbelievable. I will NEVER. EVER. come back to this resort ever again. If you want a party hotel with the scent of drugs on every floor and disrespectful employees then this is the place for you. If not I recommend a different hotel because luxury, relaxation, fun, and respect is not apart of this hotel.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
8 Thank Katdee04
Ebony W, Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on Trip Advisor. We would like to apologize for any inconveniences caused by the unfortunate less than standard experience you had during your visit. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and in your case we performed at an unacceptable level. If you would have rented directly through the resort we would of been able to move you to another room or resort.

Please be assured that appropriate steps are being taken to correct the situation with the security officers. We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort through the Palace Resort.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

First time staying here and I would stay again. Nice staff, clean rooms, pretty good breakfast to be free, and great location. The only negative thing is the hotel only has 3 elevators which is kinda frustrating during busy times of the day.

1 Thank dawnt87
Ebony W, Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 19 June 2014

Blaine, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

We enjoyed our stay overall, but the full size bed which was suppose to be a queen size was not good at all. My wife is handicapped and it was hard to deal with. I had to move the bed over just to get her wheelchair between the couch and bed. The room was not laid out very well. The air condition unit was very noisy and actually went out and we did without it for one night. It is best to speak to someone about your needs rather then just booking on line and taking for granted that everything will be as it appears.

Room Tip: It is best to talk to someone to make sure you get what you need. You may not get what you think you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ebony W, Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It's our goal to make every guest feel at home, and to provide the best service possible to make that happen. I am saddened to hear that your wife had a difficult time with not having a handicap room that fit her needs. I want you to know that we appreciate your business, and your kind comments about our property, and staff. We hope that you will book with us again soon, and can't wait to provide you with your next outstanding stay in Myrtle Beach.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at the palace from june 9th to the 13th. We couldnt have possibly been happier witch our choice. We were in room 1803, an oceanfront sun suite and it was incredible. It was very modern, a new kitchen/bathroom, new tile floors, new furniture, large flat screen tv, pullout couch(didnt sleep on it though). The kitchen was complete with dishes, pots and pans, silverware, a microwave, toaster and even a blender. The quality of the room is what I would expect at a resort double or triple the price. We had a beautiful view of the ocean and the coast(south of the resort). The pool area had recently been redone with a new patio and furniture which all looked immaculate, we spent most of our time on the beach though. On top of how perfect the room was, the staff made the trip even better. Every person we encountered was more friendly than anywhere else we have ever stayed. We had great conversations with our bartender and the housekeeping staff was always friendly and checked up to make sure we had everything we needed. The resort is on the south side of myrtle beach, a little set back from all the bars and boardwalk, but we preferred it that way as it was quieter and more relaxed and still an easy drive or cab ride, or even long walk to the major attractions(broadway, the boardwalk, etc.) Will definitely be returning and would recommend the resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Definitely recommend a higher room for a better view, room 1803 was amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple