Message from TripAdvisor:

Review of The Palace Resort

Ranked #84 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Great stay. Only negative i can think of is you have to wait on elevators forever to go up or down. Three elevators for 24 floors. We had to wait almost ten minutes one time. But overall we had a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joel L
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for choosing The Palace Resort, and for your terrific review on your stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you had and awesome time at the Palace. We hope to become your #1 choice while in the Myrtle Beach area. Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

The Palace Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I searched around and thought I found a good room. The room is in need for an extreme make over. The wall paper was peeling in all rooms, paint was peeling from the ceilings, the blankets and sheets were stained on the beds. The toilet seat was peeling I had to put a towel on the seat for my toddler to use the bathroom; there were holes in the bathroom walls and in the couch. There were dust webs on the pictures and lamps and the balcony door did not lock. I asked for additional sheets to put over the blankets and was told that house keeping was gone for the night there was no way I could get any sheets; we ended up covering the bed with beach towels and the bed was hard as a brick. We stayed out as late as possible so we didn't have to be in the room long.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vacation1522
Thank you for choosing the Palace Resort and for taking the time to share your experience with others. We are very sorry to see that your stay did not meet your expectations nor our own. We strive to provide top notch service and the perfect vacation experience.

We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort. We do hope that if you return to the Myrtle Beach area that you will give the Palace Resort a second chance. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed on 16 the floor 2 bedrooms full kitchen 2 different balconies I will be back this winter we bring our kids and my mom comes cause my daddy lives across the hall in his own 2 bed room condo love the staff couldn't ask for better place to stay

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank leeleerja
Thank you for taking time to post a review about your experience with us on TripAdvisor. Every comment that we receive is valuable in helping us evaluate and improve our quality of service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit, and we would like for you to know that we appreciate your business very much. From all of the staff here at the Palace Resort, we hope that you will book with us again very soon, and we can't wait to provide you with your next outstanding vacation in the Myrtle Beach area.

Front Desk Manager
Reviewed 17 July 2014

After reading the reviews which ranged from really bad to really good I decided I couldn't pass up the price. I called several times to ask questions and everyone I talked to were friendly (thanks so much Demonte for putting up with me) and helpful. We decided to go with a one bedroom for more room. My concern was being as close to the ocean and getting the best view possible. We wound up being closer to the back of the building but where the resort is a V angle our views were still incredible! We were in room 1011 on the south side (there were 2 short motels beside us not blocking any views but we could see their roof tops when standing at the windows but our views were so incredible) and had a great view of the ocean, down the beach and a city view. We had four big picture windows which started knee level so when you sat in the chairs beside them you could see everywhere. Our living room was bright (concerned because most pictures of other rooms look so dark in other reviews but I think a lot of that has to do with it being so bright outside and pictures coming out darker inside) and painted a light blue with a floral couch, 2 bright green chairs beside the windows and a wicker glass dining table for 4 people. There was a glass door leading out to the balcony which also connected to the sliding glass door for the bedroom. The bedroom was bright with a great view. The bathroom and kitchen were very clean and the kitchen was stocked with pans, dishes, and utensils. Room did have a few paint touch up spots and a tear on carpet leading into bedroom but they were so minor that we didn't pay any attention to them, compared with how nice the rest of the room was. When we ran out of towels in the evening we called down and when we came back from dinner they were there and on another day my daughter told the lady we didn't need anything when she came to the room and later the lady called up to see if we needed anything and brought us more towels. I found the all the personel to be very friendly, they even called up one night at 2 in the morning to say I had left my car lights on inside and I rushed out to turn them off forgetting my room key, the gentleman at the front desk quickly made me another to get back in. We arrived the Sunday after the 4th of July and it was busy but I was quickly checked in by Ebony who when I asked let me look at a couple of rooms to see which I would prefer. The elevators were extremely busy with waits on Sunday and Monday but the rest of the week we had no problems. The laundry rooms were on every other floor and the one I used on the 9th floor had one washer and dryer, not sure about the others, but I didn't have any problems and was the only one using them, dryer went forever on one dollar, front desk gladly gave me change. We called down one night to the restaruant located in the resort and my girls ran down and picked it up, food was good and priced well. We didn't use any of the pools so can't rate. Loved being able to walk right out onto the beach and if you wanted to stroll after 11pm which there were a lot of people who do you have to walk around to the front which wasn't really any trouble, really needed a car to get down to the north end to the boardwalk and other places. There aren't any fastfood places close by, good luck finding any really. Was really surprised at the lack of fastfood places in Myrtle Beach up and down the main strips on either the north or south end. There was also a regular mall within a few minutes drive time and outlet malls to drive to. My review is long but we couldn't have been more pleased and will definitely return using room 1011. I asked to see an oceanfront and angle oceanfront sun suite before I left and they were more than happy to let us go look at them and also showed us a 2 bedroom. They were all nice, liked the space and bedrooms in the 2 bedroom (also closer to the ocean than our room was) but loved ours. After reading reviews and being there I think a lot of the bad reviews are from people who book rooms owned by outside owners. I've posted some pictures of our room and views, please overlook our beach mess and the quality from my camera phone, smile. You can also log onto the live cam at the Hotel 2 doors down and see the beach in front of the Palace. My girls enjoyed waving to family who logged on while they were on the beach. Thanks so much to the Palace resort and their great staff, my girls and I had a great vacation! Cindy.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy F

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2014

CHecked this hotel out online, thought the rooms looked interesting so made our reservations.

My daughter and I checked in on a Sunday, extremely crowded this day. We were assigned room 1806, just what we asked for - a north facing upper level room. View is incredible, very pleased!
Awesome kitchen area, including a dishwasher. Bed and sofa bed were acceptably comfortable, ac worked perfectly.
I was disappointed that the balcony area was so tiny...only room for 1 person at a time really. We had a couple friends over one night and it was very crowded in this tiny room.
However, I may look into buying a corner unit at this resort, since there is only myself 99% of the time, and by placing a nice tall table and chairs in the alcove where the bed is currently and creating a murphy bed, I could be perfectly content with the space.

Room Tip: Best views on north side, 17th floor and up...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Columbus
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Firstly upon our arrival we discovered clumps of pubic hair by the bed and in the bathroom. Our room had a very musty dirty smell to it. The refrigerator worked well but the ice maker was empty and off, we turned it on and asked if they had an ice machine to get through the day they did not. The room is "non smoking" however there are cigaret burns all over the sink and the mattress (I know that because I had to buy sheets the ones on the bed were similar to that of a hospital). The bathtub is terribly stained and looks dirty. The plastic inside the lamp shades are broken you can see it when the lamp is on. Our patio doors don't lock thank god we don't have kids with us. Our door entering the room is very difficult to unlock there is clearly a problem with the mechanism. The add made me believe there was a washer and dryer in my room, there is not it is a community washer and dryer and there is one per floor (paid use only).

Our second night in the hotel while pulling into the garage one of the security officers walked around the corner with his pants unzipped unbuttoned and his belt off (wonder what he was doing). Management replied with "what the hell is wrong with these people?" Referring to the security officer I don't feel confident the matter was even discussed with the staff member.

The elevator wait was pretty bad took us on average 15 minutes to go from the 18th floor to anywhere. Not sure why they have people manning the elevators they seem to delay the process more than help it.

The pools close nightly at 11 I feel like a child with a curfew when they evict us from the hot tub. Oh by the way one hot tub is ice cold the other the jets don't work the third seems fine. Once the pool closes they lock the gates leading from the beach to the hotel you have to walk down an alley to get back into the garage to your room. There is no way to clean the sand off of yourself without tracking it into your hotel room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Thebarons15
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014

We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort through the Palace Resort. I hope that when you book again you will make your reservations directly through the Palace to avoid this from happening again.

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My advice would be to skip this place altogether. Whether you are renting from the Wave Rider or directly from the Palace. The first overall impression we got was the place is just rude! Everywhere there are signs posted if you do this you will be evicted and if you do this you will be evicted. I started to wonder if the employees got bonuses for having people evicted. The staff in general are not friendly! The renta cops look at you like a criminal. Our room was very outdated and had a full kitchen. The can opener did not work, only two stove eyes worked, water pressure was basically nothing, elevator wait was terrible. The pool area was nice and we loved our view, but that's the only thing nice in have to say. If you book through rooms for rent you don't get any free breakfast.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Stacy G
Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on Trip Advisor. We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences caused by the unfortunate less than standard experience you had during your visit. It is clear to me that you did not book directly through the Palace because everyone that books directly through the Palace qualify for 2 free breakfast per night during their stay. There are a few units that are managed by different rentals company beside the Palace Resort which can cause plenty of confusion for guest.