Message from TripAdvisor:

“I see nothing has changed.....”
Review of The Palace Resort

Ranked #84 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Butler, ky
“I see nothing has changed.....”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed at the "Palace Resort" several years ago. It was a dump then, and it looks like it still is. I am an avid trip advisor user. I always read reviews before staying anywhere! Please notice the cookie cutter managerial response to those that had issues. This is the first clue that you should run! We all work way to hard to waste our money on a filthy, nasty condo. To sum up our experience, we had a room full of black hair that resembled pubic hair. It was everywhere. Bathrooms and kitchen were so gross that we spent the entire first day scrubbing the room and buying new bath mats. The maid admitted that she did not clean the room before we checked in. We later found out that we had infact been checked into a dirty room and the staff were aware. Balcony door did not lock. Carpets were black. When you walk into halls it stinks like filth. Water leaked through the ceiling in the halls all week. Buckets sitting all over catching leaks. At the time, you had to walk across a very busy street to exchange your dirty towels for clean ones. Which they never had any. Each time I went over there, another renter would be there throwing an angry fit over various issues. To which I seen management respond by rudly yelling back. We never seen a happy renter all week.
I beg you to read reviews on trip advisor and take them to heart before you book a room anywhere. And please do yourself a favor and pass up the Palace Resort. My family reported them to the BBB upon returning home. It was all a horrible experience. Again, this was a few years ago. We learned our lesson the hard way!
No bull crap reply from management needed.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Nurseamy1978
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
I would like to personally apologize for the series of unfortunate incidences that you experienced during your stay with us. We continually try to do our very best for all of our guests, but unfortunately, sometimes we do fail.

I will look into each issue that you have noted, in an attempt to correct and improve our hotel policies. All of the units are individually owned and we strive to keep units in good standards. We will like to apologize to you and your family for not meeting your expectations.

Regards,

Palace Resort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Bedford, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Before making reservations at the Palace, I read reviews that recommended that you ask for an updated room and there were some suggestions as to which rooms were nice. When I made the reservation I did ask for an updated room and asked about some of the rooms suggested in the reviews. I was told that I could not ask for a certain room. When we arrived, we were given a room. We asked if we could see the room before we actually agreed to it. They were very cooperative. We went to see the room. Before we even got to the room, we noticed the hallway carpets were absolutely filthy. The room was dirty and not in good condition at all. No way would we have stayed there. We asked to see another room. The second room was not much better. It was dirty and generally in horrible condition. The mattress on the couch bed was not something anyone could have slept on. We asked to see another room, although by this time , we were so disappointed that we didn't expect things to get any better. The third room was a little better, although the couch was ripped, there was a hole in the wall behind the toilet that looked as if it had mold around it, and it could certainly have been maintained better. We decided this was as good as it was going to get and did take the room. By the time we agreed to this room , the staff was no longer nice. All week it was a battle to get bathroom tissue, towels and wash clothes. The housekeeping staff acted as if they did not really want to be there and seemed to not be happy because they had to clean rooms. No one ever smiled and were never pleasant. The only people who seemed happy at all, were the people working in the restaurant. They were very nice and it was much appreciated!! When we were ready to check out, there were no luggage carts available. When we did get one, it took forever to get the elevator to stop on our floor. We started trying to get out of our room at 8:45. It took well over 2 hours to get to the point of checking out, most of this time spent waiting on the elevator. We will never stay here again. It is dirty and not fit for guests to stay in.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 403Sunshine
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. Your input, and the feedback from all of our guests is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met upon arrival. We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort. Once again the staff of the Palace apologizes and hope that you will give us an other chance in the near future.

Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

High Point, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We just got back home after a weekend stay. I was a little leary of all the bad reviews,but took our chances any way. We got 2 great nights sleep,a nice breakfast buffett, and a fun time in the bar Saturday night. I could see room for improvement,but its obvious that the effort is there.The elevators are indeed slow,but they eventually get you there. Every employee I came in contact with spoke to me in a nice way. I even got the maintenance crew to retrieve a flip-flop that fell off the balcony onto a ledge. Check in/check out was efficient.We will be back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Palace Resort for your second honeymoon destination and taking the time to share your experience! We are thrilled to see that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We look forward to your next visit where we hope to exceed your expectations. I would like to apologize about your experience with the long wait time on the elevators. They are busy during our check in and check out times. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Ebony Washington
Shelby, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 July 2014

After reading many reviews I was nervous to book at this hotel but did because very close friends stay here every year and told me they had never had issues. The closer the beach trip got the more nervous I got because not only was I traveling with my husband, our two daughters, but my mother as well. When we arrived check-in was a little slower but customer service was great. I was the last of the adults to enter the room but I could hear my mother who is way to critical go WOW this is really nice. I continued in to the condo and was very pleased. The condo was clean, up to date and everything that I had hoped for. We reserved the the two bedroom angle ocean view condo and it was everything that my family needed and more. The only complaint I could have was the elevators were slow but when you have 3 elevators to 23 floors you can expect that. We took the steps since we were only on the 2nd floor with the exception of when we were bringing in our luggage and checking out. I would highly recommend this hotel. Will stay again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Denise M
Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment about your stay at the Palace, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

I looked for so long to find a room in our price range for our first trip to myrtle Beach! I wouldn't say I was terribly impressed with this resort, but it wasnt awful. Our room was very clean, although the outside hallway smelled terrible! The sheets and blankets were nice and the twin beds in the second room where my boyfriend and I slept were comfortable, but only if you enjoy a firm mattress. I was excited to hear that we had a balcony in both bedrooms, but dissapointed at how tiny they actually were. We could barely fit two people to a balcony and were forced to spend alot of our beach watching seperated from everyone else we traveled with. The entire floor in our condo was also tile, which was mildly annoying when it came to all the sand we tracked in. The biggest problem we had was with the elevators. There are only three of them! For a 23 story building that was NOT enough. We dreaded leaving when we wanted to get out, since each time we were forced to endure a good 15 to 20 minute wait on an elevator that wasn't full, and being on the 10th floor, no one wanted to walk up and down all those stairs. The breakfast was actually really good for a free buffet, but we had five people staying in the same room and could only allow two people per day to eat, which was quite annoying! I think if a free breakfast is offered, everyone should get to eat. Maybe if they did away with the buffet option it would be more viable to feed everyone. The pools were really nice and on opposite sides so they didn't seem as crowded, but during our stay only one of the hot tubs was working properly. The staff was very friendly, i will say. I know mishaps and inconveniences aren't their fault and they definitely were very helpful. We all as a group drink a TON of coffee and had to ask for extra just about every day but they were always so nice and sent it up right away. The cleaning ladies were sweet too! The best part about the location, was the stretch of beach we were in front of was one of the less crowded areas as far as I could see. I don't think I would stay here again until they made a few renovations, but I would definitely like to visit myrtle beach again!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank amandabhill12192
Ebony W, General Manager at The Palace Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a comment on Trip Advisor. We would like to apologize to you for any inconveniences caused by the unfortunate less than standard experience you had during your visit. We take guest satisfaction very seriously and in your case we performed at an unacceptable level.

We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, and we would like for you to know that we appreciate your business very much. From all of the staff here at the Palace Resort, we hope that you will book with us again very soon, and we can't wait to provide you with your next outstanding vacation in the Myrtle Beach area.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The room was old and every metal piece was rusted. We had grease on the sheets and also were stained with juice. You could see through them.We had to change our own sheets from the extra ones in the closet. Then when called to complain found out we booked from a second party the place across the street the Wave Runner I think,they own rooms they rent out.If we need anything we need to call them. The cleaning lady we had did not know how to clean. We bought our own cleaning supply's and cleaned our room. We had a great view and the pool was nice but that was the only positive things. Won't stay they again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill M

We are aware that an experience such as this gives an impression of our facility that is very difficult to overcome. We can only tell you that this is not the normal experience of a guest staying at The Palace Resort through the Palace Resort. I hope that when you book again you will make your reservations directly through the Palace to avoid this from happening again.

Charleston, West Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at The Palace Resort the first week of June and it was great. The pools have been newly remodeled and were very nice. We stayed in one of the ocean front sun suites and it was just perfect for a couple. Great views and eveything you'd need in the kitchen. The staff was friendly and most helpful. We are already planning our next visit. The only real complainst that I have is that the furniture is a bit dated and the elevators. There are only 3 elevators quite a few floors and they are kind of slow, but these two things are not enough to keep me from going back.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple