My family and I stayed at the "Palace Resort" several years ago. It was a dump then, and it looks like it still is. I am an avid trip advisor user. I always read reviews before staying anywhere! Please notice the cookie cutter managerial response to those that had issues. This is the first clue that you should run! We all work way to hard to waste our money on a filthy, nasty condo. To sum up our experience, we had a room full of black hair that resembled pubic hair. It was everywhere. Bathrooms and kitchen were so gross that we spent the entire first day scrubbing the room and buying new bath mats. The maid admitted that she did not clean the room before we checked in. We later found out that we had infact been checked into a dirty room and the staff were aware. Balcony door did not lock. Carpets were black. When you walk into halls it stinks like filth. Water leaked through the ceiling in the halls all week. Buckets sitting all over catching leaks. At the time, you had to walk across a very busy street to exchange your dirty towels for clean ones. Which they never had any. Each time I went over there, another renter would be there throwing an angry fit over various issues. To which I seen management respond by rudly yelling back. We never seen a happy renter all week.
I beg you to read reviews on trip advisor and take them to heart before you book a room anywhere. And please do yourself a favor and pass up the Palace Resort. My family reported them to the BBB upon returning home. It was all a horrible experience. Again, this was a few years ago. We learned our lesson the hard way!
No bull crap reply from management needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palace Resort is a beautifully designed oceanfront resort with outdoor pools, whirlpools, sauna, steam room, exercise room, guest laundry and wonderful ocean views. The spacious oceanfront pool deck allows guests to easily access the beach and enjoy the relaxing ocean. This wonderful resort is just perfect for the active family wanting to get away from it all and still have it all anyway. The kids will love the video arcade room and the adults will love the fitness center and the golf putting green. Come see why Palace Resort is a favorite among south Myrtle Beach visitors! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palace Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach The Palace
- Palace Resort Myrtle Beach