The Palace Resort
US$252
US$184
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$146
US$234
US$203
US$227
US$181
US$236
US$105
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$110
Island Vista(Myrtle Beach)
US$496
US$462
1,246 results
All reviewssun suitebedroom condoocean viewpools and hot tubsfull kitchenebonyboardwalk
Reviewed 30 August 2006

If you have a chance to stay elsewhere, just go elsewhere. The rooms here are indivually owned condo's. The have these huge metal keys (the first tip off that this place is not up to date). I reserved a 2 bdrm ocean view condo. Went I went and checked in, I was appalled at the room they tried to give me. The couches were wet, ripped, and just plain nasty. The carpet was stained. Even the beds were wet, and the decoration? I went to another room...the kitchen area was filthy!! No way I was staying here..certainly not at $155 a night. I went downstairs and asked if they had any rooms like those that were in the brochure. The clerk handed me 2 room keys, and told me I could pick whatever I liked best. The room I picked was tastefully decorated, and while there was no tv in the master bedroom, it was much better then the other 3 rooms I had looked at. The balconies are a bit small. There were 2 chairs and a mini table out there. But it's hard to fit a person out there as well, so we had to move the table inside in order for anyone else to sit outside. I do have to say that the view from one of the balconies was gorgeous, but the 2nd balcony (which was supposed to be oceanview) was of the street, and the hotels across the street and thier pools. If you have no other place to stay, then go for room 2114. Bring pillows though..there's are extremly flat! We had to ask housekeeping for extra blankets and pillows, as there were not enough for everyone in the party. All in all, the palace is not a palace, and I for one, will never stay there again. And they charge 2 different rates for the fri/sat night. Just be careful. I read the reviews after I made the reservation..the woman told me I shouldnt have any problems (after I told her I read mixed reviews on tripadvisor). Oh, and bring a hair dryer. None are supplied here. Neither are pool towels. There was a hot tub on the 18th floor, or something like that, but it was not filled..just an empty tub. Next time, I will read trip advisor first, and go from there.

2  Thank Geniely
Reviewed 28 August 2006

We stayed there June17-24th. It was room #607 and we LOVED it. I do have to agree with several people on the elevators being SLOW as a turtle, LOL! But other than that we loved it. Very cheap for 7 nights. My girls loved it and want to go back. I'm sure we will be spending our vacation there again this yr in 2007. I did read on someones review about the indoor pool.......... we NEVER saw that nice indoor pool that they show on the website. Good thing it didn't rain any that week, cause my girls would have been really upset. They live for the water.... ocean or pool!!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank amanley29645
Reviewed 27 August 2006

We stayed at the Palace Resort from 08/12 to 08/26, and we were not very impressed. We stayed in room #1211 on the 12th floor. We had a one bedroom angle-oceanfront suite. First I'll review the room itself:

Living Room: The sofa bed was relatively comfortable, although the mattress was rather thin- it was clean, however. The carpets were okay, but when we walked barefoot our feet became black. The decor was nice, although the room was in desperate need of a good paint job. The wallpaper was fine, as were the curtains overlooking the south side of Myrtle Beach. The kitchen and coffee tables were clean and very nice, although small. The three-person couch, armchair and recliner were also comfortable.

Kitchen: We were somewhat impressed by the kitchen in our room. What we liked most about it was it's size: it was the largest kitchen we'd ever seen in any of the hotels we checked out. Thankfully, though, we brought our own kicthen utensils (e.g: spatula, whisk, ect...) because the ones provided were disgusting. The fridge was old but it worked fine, and the freezer even had it's own ice maker. The microwave seemed to have been from the 70's- there was no power setting and it didn't turn. There were only four sets of utensils, which was definately not enough for a family of four for an entire day. We ended up having to wash our forks and knives before dinner even though we had a dishwasher. The oven and stove were spotless. One other problem was that we didn't have a drain stopper to wash dishes or anything do put them on to dry. The hood over the stove was missing a filter and just blew the air back into the room. When we asked front desk to supply us with both of these, they simply said they would but never did.

Bedroom/Balcony: The bed was okay, and the sheets were clean. The closet was big. The TV was a little unclear, but it wasn't a big deal. The balcony had a great view, but it was way too small. The chairs were a little dirty too.

Bathroom: The bathroom was okay, but there were three main problems. First, the cupboard under the sink was absoloutely filthy- we had to take a towel and put it on top just so that we could put stuff in it. Second, the shower curtain, especially the bottom of it, was a little slimy because soapy water pools in the tub while you take a shower. Third, there was a greenish-white algae/mildew growing on the sink tap and on the shower faucet.

Other: For the first week, our telephones would ring for no reason whatsoever at all hours with no one at the other end. Eventually we had maintenance come and change the phone, which solved the problem. Also, don't even bother trying to call Front Desk or Housekeeping from your phone- it's always busy. You'll have to go down to Front Desk personally to ask for something.

Now I'll talk about the hotel itself:

Front Desk/Housekeeping: Both were very polite and nice, but not all that helpful. Front Desk took care of most of our problems fairly quickly, except for when a cupboard in the kitchen broke and although we asked them to send someone to fix it they didn't. Housekeeping was pitiful, at least on our floor. The only thing our housekeeper did was empty the garbage, take the dirty towels and make the bed. We later discovered through another housekeeper who took care of our floor for a day that some of them will only clean the bathroom and vaccum if you tell them to, which is ridiculous but we tried anyway. We normally left our room at 9:00am for the beach and housekeeping arrives at about 10:00, so we decided to leave a note in plain sight asking her politely to please vaccum and clean the bathroom. Several times, after arriving back to our room for lunch, we found the bathroom not cleaned and the floor not vaccumed. We ended up having to stay in the room until she arrived to tell her in person to clean properly, and even then the vaccuming job was poor. We later learned that not all the housekeepers were like that, and that most will clean throughly and without being asked. Check-in was quick, although we did arrive at about 10:30pm.

Elevators: This resort needs at least two, preferably three more elevators. There are 22 floors (they say 23, but they "skip" the 13th) with over 200 rooms overall- you do the math. Also, the elevators are not designated to be up or down, so if you want to go up from your floor you have to go all the way back down to the lobby and then go to the floor you want. Waits range from 2 minutes to 20 minutes depeding on the time of day. The Palace does employ two very nice women to work the elevators during peak hours to increase movement and stop people from holding the elevators at their floors for other family members or friends.

Pools & Saunas: The Palace has two outdoor pools, one of them partially indoor all year round. They were both very clean and were checked daily by management. They have five hot tubs, three outdoor, one indoor and one on the 22nd floor (which was out-of-order during our stay), and all were very nice and clean, although on some days certain "hot" tubs wouldn't be so hot. The sauna was clean as was the steam room, which was very nice to have. There are also restrooms on the ground floor near the pools so you won't have to go to your room for a bathroom trip.

Laundry Facilities: Unlike most hotels, The Palace has one washer and one dryer on every other floor (e.g: 1,3,5, ect...). This may seem smart, but it's a major pain when you have to travel up and down the hotel trying to find a set that's not being used. It also didn't help that only two floors have a set that works well: the 14th and 18th floors. If you're using another floor, don't bother putting a big load in the dryer as you'll be starting it more than once before it's completely dry.

On-site Restaurant: The Ocean Breeze Cafe, located within The Palace Resort, delivers to all rooms until 3:00am. The food is a little pricey, but good. They even have live music on some nights.

Overall, we wouldn't return to The Palace Resort; there are definately better places out there.

ND, Montreal, Quebec
August 27, 2006, 4:13pm

2  Thank nd1706
Reviewed 21 August 2006

Our room was dirty. The Sheets smelled clean but had stains all over them. The towels looked like they were 20 years old and needed some bleach. Our carpet was molded and the blinds were stained and dusty. I am glad that we only stayed 1 night. We tried to talk to management and they were rude.

Reviewed 7 August 2006

If you are looking for the bang for your buck when going to the Palace Resort your looking in the wrong direction. There were only three elevators, rude security, and falsley advertised their hotel. It wasn't as nice as what is shown on the brochure and all of the rooms weren't as nice. There was only 3 elevators and boy were they crowded. It takes 20 to 60 minutes to get on an elevator so during my stay I spent most of my time taking the stairs. The mattress was rotten, the carpet was dirty and boy the name of that resort was far fetched. SOME PALACE IT WAS.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled on business