Message from TripAdvisor:

Ranked #82 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Shelby, NC
“Loved It!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2007

My boyfriend, son, and I stayed in 1705 for an entire week and loved EVERY minute of it. The room was a smidge smaller than I imagined, but we still were comfortable. The staff at Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent was great as was the staff at The Palace Resort. Our only complaint was the elevators. There were times that they were very slow and some people rode them up and down forever before getting to their floor or the ground floor. Our stay was very enjoyable, my only complaint was that about half way through our vacation, we had a group of teenagers come in next door and they wanted to party all night and sleep through the day. I called the staff and they assured us if anymore noise, they would be put out.

The Palace seems to attract a lot of younger people who come to the beach to get away from Mom and Dad to have "freedom", but they get crazy with it. If we stayed anywhere else, that would be the only reason. I plan to go back next year, but this time get a larger room and hopefully enjoy it even more. To Greg and your staff....UR THE BEST!!!!!

• Liked — Restuarant and bar in hotel, many pools to choose from.
  • Disliked — Too many
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank Anuknowthis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2007

Prior to staying there I read the reviews and to be honest, I was worried that we would have a terrible stay. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the lodgings and terrific view of the ocean. I saw in other reviews that the rooms were not clean and during our visit the room was clean and smelled great. One thing I hope can help other readers is that the rooms are owned by individuals so the quality and decor will vary. Also of course this means that some appliances and fixtures are a little dated but if your goal is to find a decent room you should be fine. Regarding the elevators and lack of luggage carts, I agree with the remarks posted. Considering the size of the hotel there should be more luggage carts and faster elevators, One thing I did notice is that they have people monitoring the elevators, which has helped minimize the long waits.
One thing that could also help is more realistic name and promotion. It's a decent mid-range hotel but not the resort it purports to be. We stayed in a angle-oceanview one bed-room w/a queen-size sofa-bed and price and quality it was a very nice stay.

• Liked — View of ocean and covered parking
  • Disliked — Slow elevator
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank fungrrl1
Bel Air, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2007

My wife and I stayed at The Palace during our son's Easter Break. We stayed in a first floor, oceanview sunsuite. We found the room to be very clean, and the beds were comfortable. We are now planning for a return visit to The Palace for a week in August.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Robsdad819
blabla
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2007

We have stayed at the Palace for the past several years and it has gradually gone down hill each year. Some the rooms are in really bad shape. Each year we hoped that we would get a better room but we have finally given up.

The office staff are not helpful and very rude, this has been the case every year but even more over the past 2 years. This past year we arrived after a 6 hour ride at 2:30p.m. and asked very nicely if we could check in 30 minutes early? The older lady at the desk was very rude about it and then tried to tell me I couldnt get my 10% ( five nights or longer) discount that I was told on the phone they would give me at check-in.

last year I parked in the loading and unloading zone to unload. a few minutes later I came out to see a sticker on my window telling me to move? I thought this was what a unloading zone was for!! By the way, you cant get from your car to your room and back within 15 minutes because of the slow elevaters!!
There are only 2 for entire building sometimes you might have to wait 3 to 5 minutes for the ride that might stop 3 or 4 times before you make it to your destination.

They dont seem to be putting any money back into the building.
A little paint here and there but thats about it.

If you dont expect much it might be ok, dont book for a week and get stuck. wishing you were somewhere nice.

We have decided last year was enough after 6 years. We are going elsewhere in myrtle beach in sept 2007

Stayed September 2006
3 Thank blabla16

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

spyder209
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2007

I have stayed at the Palace about 5 times. I cannot say enough about the view. The view from an upper floor sun suite is unbeatable by anyone at Myrtle Beach. You can see miles down the beach from the floor to ceiling windows and at night it is beautiful. However, it is the luck of the draw on how nice your room will be. The first couple of times that I went, I had no complaints. The Fourth time, my room was not kept up to standards. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls, the carpet was dirty, the bathroom was awful and old. Everytime I go, I get a sun suite, however everyroom is different. I was told by a guest once that they are all individually owned and that they owner can decorate anyway they choose. He told me that he owned one and that he picked out the decor. The last time I went, I took a group of friends. What a disaster. We booked 5 rooms. Our bathroom was falling apart. The doors were falling off the cabinets and the wallpaper was ripped. One of my friends rooms smelled like mildew for the entire 4 days. He kept his hallway door open to try to vent, but it was no help. The other rooms were fine, but I am tired of chancing which room I will get next time. There will not be a next time for me.

• Liked — views
  • Disliked — old and dated rooms
  • Stayed September 2004, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank spyder209
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2007

We have stayed at the Palace every April for 7 years and absolutely love it! We always get a sunsuite oceanfront. The rooms are always clean, well stocked (that means a coffeepot!!) and the staff are absolutely "on the ball". In fact, on our last stay, somebody was shooting off firecrackers on the beach at night and making a terrible racket. Since we were on the 7th or 8th floor and it was still annoying, one call downstairs was all it took. The activity stopped and the rest of the night we were able to just enjoy the waves lapping onto the shore. Since there are only two of us, the sunsuite is perfect. We recommend The Palace to everybody!!!

• Liked — Every room faces the ocean!!
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2005, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BDMASSEY
Hamilton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2007

I booked a Sunsuite #1606 from Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent -Greg Williams. I communicated with Greg several times via email before booking and found him to be pleasant and very professional.

The condo we had was clean, but had some wear and tear, but they were not cleanliness issues. It was Oceanfront with a small balcony. A/C worked great. The Palace had very clean interiors, and was in a good central location, no elevator problems, nice beach.

I would recommend you bring your own bath towels as it is much esier that way. If you want daily maid service it is $7 a day.

For the price I paid, I have no complaints, but I do have a couple of suggestions:

1. Replace the Mattress and pillows in the room as they were worn out.
2. Fix the lock on the balcony. Even though we were on the 16th floor, I still like to lock the doors.

I would stay there again and booking with Myrtle Beach Rooms for Rent is the cheapest and best way to go!

• Liked — Overall Value
  • Disliked — Matress on Bed
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank mws813