“Good place to stay for a good price, clean and fresh”
Review of The Palms

The Palms
Ranked #90 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good place to stay for a good price, clean and fresh”
Reviewed 28 June 2010

Our visit was awesome at this hotel. I really thank the staff , especially Tellis (sorry if spell wrong). he made sure we had an awesome unit. It was very up to date and clean. There are no major complaints with our stay. The room was spacious and the balcony right off the beach made the room a wonderful place to relax. The staff took real good care of us and we will be staying here again. I suggest you work closely with the staff before your stay to assure you get a great room. Some rooms are not nice but a little kindness and attention with the staff goes along way to make your stay a pleasant one.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Location 2 miles from pier and but everything needs updating. Not worth the money. Motel rather than resort!

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Virginia
Reviewed 21 June 2010

The Palms Resort was a nice building but once we got in the room there were numerous problems with room 602. No dish clothes, no washcloths, not clean at all! As a frequent traveler, I always look under the beds, mattresses, everything. I want a place to be as clean as my home especially for the money we paid for it. The pools were nice, the hot tub was nice. The walk way to the beach was convenient. The walls were filthy, the windows were filthy and the floors and carpet were not cleaned the whole time we were here. There was a dead bug in the corner that could have been cleaned up but it was with us the whole time. We didn't get washclothes for 2 days and had to use towels as cloths. The patio doors didn't open and close without a struggle. The locks were messed up on them. One room had vodka bottles under the mattress. One room had a wet towel in the closet. One room had trash under the bed(including a condom wrapper). The hairdryer blew up and started smoking but we did get a new one the day before we left. Who ever owns this room needs to know that housekeeping does not clean anything. We couldn't see out of the windows that good because they were filthy.
This would not be my first choice at all. The only way I would stay here is if there were no more places vaccant. Like I said it wouldn't be a bad place to stay but it was just not clean!!! And begging for washcloths is rediculous!!!!

clayton nc
Reviewed 14 June 2010

After much searching for a resort online for a week long stay I decided to make a reservation at this resort. It was more expensive than the normal resort we stay at each year at Myrtle beach but since it was a three bedroom and included a washer and dryer I thought it was worth it. Little to my dismay when we arrived at the room, disliking it as soon as we walked in. The carpet was torn and so gross I kept my shoes on the entire time, the walls were so marked and not painted along w/ holes in the walls, the chairs at the dining room table were all broken and the "3rd bedroom" wasn't a bedroom at all but more like the size of a bathroom. The couch was so disgusting that I didn't even want to sit on it! Also, outside of the room door there is a generator running non stop emitting massive amounts of hot air. My poor 6 month old was sweating the entire time along with the non air conditioned lobby. We traveled 4 hours with 3 children one being an infant. This was an awful place to stay at. The amentities that they said they had at the hotel such as a lazy river wasn't there. As soon as we got all our things to the room we decided to see if they would refund our money and go to another hotel. Unfortunately there wasn't another hotel avaiable that night so we had to stay for one night, and one night to many!! The room number was 602 so be sure you don't get stuck in that room since all rooms are owned seperately by independent homeowners. These homeowners obviously have some work to do, unless you are some college kids going to trash your room anyway, this would be your place to stay. (Oh, be careful on the rickety elevator, it is in much need of repair as well!)

Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 June 2010

From the time I called for directions and to the time I entered the building, I recieve such excellent customer service like my family was the only one on the beach. The front desk personnel catered to us and made us feel welcome.My room was clean and cozy and I slept like a baby in the beds. My nephews loved it. We didnt want to leave and what was suppose to be a 2 night stay turned into a 3 night stay. Telley was on of the people that made our stay so great and memorable. He went OUT of his way to accomodate me and my family, to the point where we just had to purchase him a gift to show ur appreciation when we got ready to leave, We dont do that but often for anyone, but we believe in giving honor where it is due. There was another lady to which I cant remember her name that made our stay great as well. I would come back and stay with this hotel anytime.

Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Peaches2011
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My girlfriend and I just returned from Myrtle Beach and the Palms Resort. Upon arrival, we were nicely greeted by Wendy at the front desk. Very friendly and very accomodating. The lobby was nothing nice, but not dirty. The elevators were typical of a myrtle beach hotel. As for out room, it was nothing normal. With clean residential carpet, flat screen tv's, comfortable beds, updated kitchen and bathroom, the room was very nice. I have stayed at several hotels at myrtle beach and this was by far the nicest room. It looked as if we were the first people to stay in the room. The room was absolutely spotless! The pools although small, were very clean and well kept. My only complaint was that the cleaning staff was very short and had a rude comment. If you are wanting a 5 star hotel, dont stay here. If you are wanting friendly people at the front desk, a clean and NICE room, and clean pools, this is the place for you!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We booked the palms off of a search website for resorts in the myrtle beach area. It said nothing about them being privately owned! When we got there after a 5.5 hour drive with a 2 year old and 5 month old, we walked into the lobby or "OBBY" because even the front sign is run down, I automatically said no way! My husband said to give it a chance and went in for the keys. We had specifically asked for a lower unit because of the kids and were handed keys to the 12th floor. When my husband asked about the lower unit the guy behind the desk told us we would much rather stay in the 12th floor unit because it is much nicer. My husband asked why and he then told us that they are all privately owned. We looked at 4 different rooms and ended up staying on the 8th floor because it was the cleanest of the lot. It had a TV older than myself in the bedroom, no towels, no Toilet paper, no sheets for the bed. The fridge was rusting, the microwave looked as if it was the first model ever invented and you had to hold the power button to use it. The door didnt lock and the owners left all their personal property in the room. shelves filled with books and tapes which was too much fun for my 2 year old to rip down every 5 minutes. The murphy bed was gated shut and there was wall paper missing and ply wood nailed to the vanity in the bathroom. Our AC didnt work and when we complained were told that their were no other rooms available although the vacancy light was on. We were given a 6 dollar discount on the AC.

DISGUSTING! I WOULD HAVE RATHER SLEPT IN MY CAR!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family