The Reef was older, but clean and the rooms were decent but the lazy river is NEXT DOOR at another hotel. You get bracelets to be able to walk next door and use it. The hotel staff was friendly. The staff at Mako's Restaurant was not. They were slow and rude. If you were not a drunk young man, the female servers ignored you. One waitress was mixing drinks while smoking.. GROSS!!! Another complaint i have that will be the defining reason i never come back was the loud music that played from 1pm to 5 pm EVERY day.. Karoke and thumping loud dance music and games. My small kids hated it and didnt want to be at the pool. Some of the dancing contests got a little to bar like for my children to see so we stayed at the beach or left the hotel until it was over. This is not as family friendly as they describe. The dj gave free drinks for people to dance. some games were geared toward children but it was so loud and annoying. If youre looking for a good place for young kids or a quiet vacation this may not be the place for you. Also parking was very limited. The overflow parking is a block down the street... a big pain to park down the street and walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Reef Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle