This was our 3rd time staying at The Reef. For the price, this place is pretty hard to beat. We had booked a 2 bedroom unit. It was nice. Had enough room for 4 adults and 2 kids. Having a full kitchen was nice. My only complaint about the room was that there was a wall lamp mounted right next to the bed in one of the bedrooms right by the pillow. Very odd place and I kept hitting it at night. Other than that, no real problems.
Another review someone commented on the housekeeping service. In our room it said that daily housekeeping only consists of fresh towels and garbage removal. Full cleaning was I think once a week. Which is fine. We are capable of making our own bed and cleaning up after ourselves.
Elevators were very slow and backed up. Luckily we were only on the 3rd floor so we just used the steps. Might be a good tip that if you travel during peak season, request a room on a lower floor and skip the elevator.
Please remember this is an older resort. There are some issues but for the most part everything was clean and worked well. The staff was very friendly.
One huge plus is Mako's Bar and Grill. They have very good food. It is a burger type place, so if you want a great burger, chicken strips, etc. This is a great place to go for a very good price.
All in all we had a very nice time and will be back again in September for a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our suites are oceanfront with a private balcony. Our comfortable well-equipped rooms have kitchens with microwaves, coffee makers and toasters. Our prime location along the grand strand of Myrtle Beach makes area attractions easily accessible. Award winning entertainment and dining surround you. You can shop at the nearby Coastal Grand Mall and newly built Market Commons. Amusement parks and incredible miniature golf courses thrill the young and the young at heart. It's easy to experience all the fun of Myrtle Beach while staying at The Reef. We also sell tickets to many area shows and attractions, packaging is also available! Oceanfront or indoors, The Reef provides a lot of water fun for everyone. Swim from our oceanfront pool to our indoor swimming area. There you will also want to indulge in one our two relaxing whirlpools. There are 1o swim attractions available to you, including a lazy river and large ocean front kiddie pools! Children will enjoy free daily activities during the summer months and their parents will appreciate a night out while the children are entertained by The Reef staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Reef Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Reef At South Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Reef At South Beach Myrtle