“Great Deal!!!”

Tropical Seas Hotel
Ranked #113 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family stayed here from July 26-29, 2013. I have to say for the price it was great. We paid the same last year for a smaller room & shared balcony for 2 days(a different beach) than we did here. I was skeptical when we booked but overall we enjoyed it. The staff was friendly. If you need something all you have to do is ask. The rooms & pools were very clean( the cleanest shower I've ever seen at an older hotel). The beds are ok but need bigger pillows & thicker blankets. I never saw any bugs anywhere. I would definitely stay here again. BTW the pizza from Mama Mia's restaurant on the 2nd floor is really good & cheap!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank christacp76
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2013

There are so many choices of lodging in the Myrtle Beach area and we are pleased you selected us! We loved having you here and are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you here again. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We weren't allowed to check in at 3pm because they were still "cleaning" the room. When finally allowed to go up we found it was a smoking room and smelled like an ashtray there was dirt all over the bathroom and the towel liked like they had been sitting in the bottom of the dumpster. The two ladies working behind the desk were arguing with each and did not care if the guests heard or not. Another guest went to open her door and the door knob just came off in her hand. The staff were very rude whenever approached by anyone about any problems which there was a line of people complaining. And don't worry if you don't stay there you can park there they don't care and will not tow even if you don't have a parking permit they will inconvinence the paying guest and tell them to park down the road. We left and drive back home. The better business bureau will hear about this. And Robin T. Don't waste your time with an empty apology as you have done on all the other reviews. It's obvious you do not value your customers. If you did 90 percent of your staff would be terminated.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank ACC79

I am very familiar with your short stay with us. You were a walk-in and reserved the very last room we had available for 1 night because Tropical Seas was completely booked. You were told it was a smoking room. The line of people were all the other guests trying to check in while you were complaining about having to park across the street (not down the street). We have 2 lots for our guests you arrived late and our 1st lot was full. I have a wonderful staff here and when reviewing that evening my staff politely addressed your complaints. Customer service is always very important to us. Sorry we couldn't please you.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I have stayed here a couple times. It is older and smaller than most, but I love that it is not all 'current'. Simple style - nothing fancy and using a plan key works fine for me. Sad that the last time I stayed they had no ocean front available, otherwise I would have been there.

Room Tip: No room service used and they have no breakfast but you can use the facility next door
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michele S
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2013

I'm sorry we didn't have an oceanfront room for you. We do fill up quickly during busy times. Next time please call ahead, this way you can reserve a room with a view. Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 11 June 2013

they was remodeling did not tell us that when we made the reservations to late to change when we got there thepool was being remodel the whole time we was there then we was going to go the hot tub went out they was working on the hot tub when we left there was puddles of water in the hall going out dangerous I think you should give us somemoney back for the inconvience of it all my name is Carolyn Hicks cell is 1 865 2429379

Room Tip: Call ask if there remodeling
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda H
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

We are finished with the pool and the work in the hallways. We did try to contact our guests and let them know ahead of time especially since the contractors took longer than expected. Unfortunately in order to upgrade our property we have to work around our guests and plan times when we aren't so busy. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

The staff members were very friendly when we encountered them, but still, we were displeased with the cleanliness of our room. It was clean when we arrived, but as the days went on, we found that dirty towels were left in the room and never replaced with clean ones, and the carpet was not vacuumed. We had to go downstairs for towels, and as I mentioned, when we did, we were always treated very nicely.

Our room had no windows (except one opening a hallway). In order to see what the weather was like in the mornings, we had to leave our room and walk to the stairwell to look outside. Considering how far the hotel is from the Grand Strand and Boardwalk, for the price, I expected much more.

My favorite things about the hotel were the pool, the hot tub, Mamma Mia's Pizza, and the guests. It seems that mostly honest, friendly people spend their vacations here, and we spent a lot of time socializing with the other guests.

Room Tip: When they say "no view" they mean NO VIEW! No windows to the outside at all.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sandler65
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

I'm sorry for the problems you encountered during your stay last year. We like our guests to come to us so we can look into the situation and handle it while you are still here. When booking an inside room the rate is much lower than an oceanview. We do stress no view and no balcony simply because most people want to see the ocean from their room.We do have great couples and families that come stay with us year after year. Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay. I hope you will give us another chance and stay in an oceanfront room where you can enjoy the ocean.

Reviewed 7 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel is getting some much needed renovation. The hallways smell terrible. It needs a facelift. They are still using old fashion keys to unlock the doors. The ocean view was good. The bath towels are worn out.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Nurseswain
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

We are old fashioned here and use the hard keys. There are alot of problems that come with the plastic key cards that we chose not to have. And thanks for mentioning the renovations going on. Yes we are working on the pool and deck area and the 1st 2nd and 3rd floor hallways right now. These are some improvements I think you and our future guests will be happy with on your next visit. Thanks for sharing and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

In February of 2013 I stayed at Tropical Seas Hotel in Myrtle Beach. The rates were real affordable for an ocean front room. The employees here are top notch. They had coffee in the lobby area all of the time and magazines that you could take to your room. This motel is close to the Market Commons and not far from the flea market in Surfside Beach.

Room Tip: I chose a room with just a small refrigerator because I knew we would be eating out. They also had r...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank stay58

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Tropical Seas. Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We are open all year, so please come back to visit anytime.