Tropical Seas Hotel
US$227
US$181
US$234
US$203
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$146
Hotels.com
US$225
Hotels.com
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$157
All reviewshot tuban older hotelocean viewfull size fridgewould definitely stay here againthe room was nicenice staypoolsvacationmaintenancerefrigeratormyrtle
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of spending 2 nights at this very nice and hospitable hotel. The gal who found us a room on the 9th floor overlooking the ocean was very accommodating.
We were told there was no smoking at another popular resort, but not here. We were welcome to smoke inside the room and outside on the balcony.
For smokers everywhere (some of us haven't quit - - yet) this is the place! We were even offered room service from their tiny but tasty restaurant on the second floor. Off season, there is variety on the menu because they combine other dining places all into one. The nice gentleman (wish I could remember his name) even brought me a bottle of wine on one of his trips out for supplies. Such a nice treat because I was not driving and the stores are not exactly within walking distance.
For me, the view is the best from the top floor, so by luck we were excited to have what I consider the best view in town!
Off season rates are unbelievable and yet Myrtle Beach still has many visitors this time of year.
The bathroom was very clean and has a full tub. They even had their outdoor hot tub operating, but for me the temperature was on the chilly side.
The nicest feature was having access to meals right on the property. The beds were nicely done, and the mattress was quite comfortable. I liked this hotel very much and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: I like the higher floors with an ocean view. Room 903 was perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Love_Florida_Sun
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Our goal is to ensure every guest has an outstanding vacation. We would like to thank you for staying with us and are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with everyone. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Price is great off season. A somewhat older hotel, although in good condition. No chipping, peeling, etc. Could have done without the big bugs if I left the balcony door open. Clean, but housekeeping is MINIMAL on longer stays. WiFi is sporadic. Most of the staff are friendly and helpful, although there's one who argues with guests having a problem. Some noise from room above. Pools are small, only good for splashing around. One is heated. Whirlpool is GREAT. Good location near Springmaid Pier and Market Common. Certainly adequate if you don't want to spend a lot of money on a beach vacation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank John_S49022
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

We always try to improve issues that are brought to our attention. Thanks for informing us and others about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed it and hope you take advantage of our great rates in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

My wife and I stayed October 11-13, 2013 and had a great time. The pools and hot tub were available, which was a pleasant surprise for an October trip. The staff were friendly and helpful and even called a cab for us before we went out on Saturday night. My only "complaint", if you want to call it that, was that when housekeeping made our bed on Saturday, we had left a towel on the bed. Housekeeping made the bed and cleaned the room, but left the towel on the bed, which was very visible by the big lump in the middle of the bed. The hotel was at full capacity, so I know the staff were very busy. I did not bring it to the attention of the staff. I would definitely stay there again and we are looking forward to our next trip to Myrtle Beach!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jimmy S
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your trip. Thanks for taking the time to tell others about your stay at Tropical Seas. We look forward to our repeat guests and are happy to make you one of them.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

we loved our stay. people were so nice .wish we could have stayed longer than 6 days .when we go back we would love to stay their again .it was just a few min .from the beach great view of the ocean .the room was nice the bed was good you cant beat it everone was very nice and helpful this is a must try love it the hot tub was clean the pool was clean I would live their if I could

Room Tip: the side view was great I thought we wouldn't be able to see much but we could see the ocean just fine
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank whitsonsue1961
Robin T, General Manager at Tropical Seas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. Glad you liked the sideview and you enjoyed your stay. We'll see you in the future.

Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

I'm one of those review readers. I was more than a little skittish about making reservations here. I went in expecting the worse and prayed for the best. We spent 5 days at Tropical Seas and we had a wonderful stay. Everybody was nice and helpful. The location is perfect! The pizza from the on site restaurant was excellent and so convenient. Our room was very clean, the beds and pillows were comfortable. The grounds and pool area were clean and well maintained. It's not 5 star resort but it doesn't claim to be. If you're looking for a nice, comfortable, clean and very affordable place to stay, this is your place. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank HappyCamper040

We are so glad you decided to stay with us and that you had a wonderful vacation. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay. We look forward to welcoming you here again.