“EXCELLENT Choice !! We were very HAPPY!! GREAT FAMILY VACATION, Will GO BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #143 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
NC
“EXCELLENT Choice !! We were very HAPPY!! GREAT FAMILY VACATION, Will GO BACK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

First. I will say that I had read all these reviews after I had booked this hotel and was kind of worried about what to expect. However, I was pleasantly surprised that everything was fine. Upon arrival we were greated by a friendly employee at check-in, recieved coupons & a discount card from them & plenty of info about both hotels. When it came to parking it was a little tight but we do have a Dodge Durango with a roof rack and was able to park on our room's floor. If you have any trouble manuvering in parking garages then you could just park on the 1st floor and take the elevator. When we got in the room it was completly clean, bugg free and smell free. I was very happy. The room was stocked very well with soap, shampoo, dish detergent and coffee. As far as towels and other linens there were plenty. There were no smell in the elevators except for chlorine and sea salt which of course is normal. My children absolutely loved the pools and other amenities at both hotels. Every morning we saw them meticulously cleaning the pools, chairs and pavement. The kithchen was plenty big enough for cooking any meals on vacation and was stocked very well with anything you needed. The bowling alley at the other motel and arcade was very nice and entertaining. I bought a margarita for 3.75 or 4.00 (can't remember), so the prices there was reasonable. The pool bar was more expensive. Housekeeping was very friendly, giving us more towels, trashbags, misc., and even swept the whole room at my request because of all the sand from the children. The karaoke next door was a nice bonus for sitting on the balcony and enjoying. The location of this hotel is perfect for me. It was walking distance to many places including Family Kingdom. I have stayed at many hotels in MB including the Reef, Swamp Fox, & Camelot to just name a few so I don't just stay at the cheapest place available. We were so happy with our 3 night stay and didn't want to leave. We will definately be returning soon. The only thing I can complain about is the beds as they are fairly hard. However,I do have a memory foam mattress at home so I'm use to a soft bed.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank dntwilson95

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
Ayden, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

The website stated it was a family atmosphere, it was the farest thing from it. The building and room itself was badly outdated and had stains everywhere. The hallways smelt like urine.The parking is in the middle of the hotel so I was woken up several times a night by traffic. I had to repeat requests for pillows and towels.The bed was creeky and uncomfortable. The experience was so bad we left early and were unable to get any money back.

Room Tip: oceanfront as least as a nice view
3 Thank Mamafor1234

Travellers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Delta, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We stayed here for a few days, the bed was rock hard and our backs hurt so bad everyday. On top of, a dirty room that smelled like leaking gas, cockroaches and bugs everywhere ... our car was broken into in their parking garage in the middle of broad daylight! Someone smashed the window out. The hotel staff was not sympathetic in any way, they simply told us ... these things happen. We called the cops and they were reluctant to help in any way either. Needless to say, we checked out early. We WILL NEVER stay here again or at any of their sister hotels. Awful experience. Although, Myrtle Beach itself was amazing!! Please take our advice and stay somewhere else!!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MommynNurse917
Asheboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. We rented a oceanview double suite and it was spacious. There is nothing fancy about this hotel but it was a great value for the price. The carpets must have been updated since some of the other reviews were written. They were clean and new looking. The kitchen was very small but it served the purpose. The beds were not comfortable at all but we also had a Murphy bed and it was! The only cleanliness problem that we had was that there were a ton of greasy hand-prints on one of the doorways. We loved all of the pools and lazy rivers in this hotel and the sister hotel (Captains Quarters). I loved that CQ was only 2 hotels down. We swam in all of the pools and lazy rivers and used all of the whirlpools also. The swim up bar was open but expensive. A frozen margarita was 8.00. Bowling alley & arcade was great! The bar there was a little less expensive...strawberry daiquiri was 6.75 and a coke + amaretto sour was 6.75. Front desk staff was nice. The lobby was very fancy. It was a little bit weird that you could not get into the hotel from the lobby. Also, the parking deck was tight but at least it had plenty of spaces. The elevators were horrible, very slow! From the balcony you could see and hear the nightly karaoke next door at the Sea Crest hotel...I loved that. It was like a free concert nightly. We will be going back on our next trip!

Room Tip: The oceanview rooms all have good views!
1 Thank labchic1
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed at Hotel Blue May 13 and 14, 2011. We reserved two rooms. (Four adults and four kids between two rooms on the 12th floor. We didn't see bugs in either room. The floor didn't leave our feet black. The shower was clean. The walls weren't anything special. The parking deck was tight, but it worked. The lazy river was small but I wasn't expecting anything spectacular. If you're looking for an AVERAGE place to stay with absolutely no bells and whistles, then this is your place. It was NOT five stars, so I wasn't expecting that. It's ocean front and has amenities my four kids were happy with. The swim-up bar was great. Yes, the place could use some paint and perhaps new microwaves.....well, updated in its entirety. It was clean enough for me... I sprayed everything with Lyson and called it "roughing it." And the pictures are not at all what you should expect. It's AVERAGE...NOTHING FANCY and yes, a little rundown. Go in it with that attitude and you're good to go. :-) If you want fancy, spotless clean, perfect mattress, soft towels, then this is NOT the place to go. The 12th floor was just fine for me.

We also spent some time at the sister hotel.... I didn't go in a room, but the pool was very nice and my boys enjoyed the water park area.

I would recommend this place to friends with the disclaimer that it's NOT FANCY by any means... It's simply a place to rest my head at night while spending 99 percent of my time on the beach. The fridge was clean. The shower was clean. The bathroom was clean. The towels didn't have stranger's hair stuck in them... it was just an average place at the ocean without any frills. If I was looking for frills I would stay somewhere else.

6 Thank prinsesz
Kannapolis, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

I stayed here May 13-15, the reason I stayed here was because my sister had stayed here for spring break with her family the year before. The hotel was dirty the rooms were dirty. Our balcony door came off track and almost fell on my son. The pool was ok, we ended up going to the Captains Quarters to use their pool because it was more kid friendly. So I will not be staying here again, but you get what you pay for.

1 Thank monicamm15
Santee, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2011

I stayed at this property may 11 yes most of the reviews are correct. every hotel in MB has issues but the continuos wining and complaining by traveelrs who pay next to nothing for a hotel room in MB in May is over done, suck it up already. Quit expecting caviar level of service when you only have a beer budget. Stop cryiong you suck holes.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo