“Nice Oceanfront Hotel with Great Poolbar”
Review of Hotel Blue

Hotel Blue
Ranked #143 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Decent hotel for the price. Great location. Could use some updating on the interior. GREAT swim up pool bar, and the beach access couldn't be any better. Great place for younger visitors, wouldn't recommend for families. Lots of nice bars with just a walk up the beach.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Klee2105
Write a ReviewReviews (1,509)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The managment is sorry, security is POOR an be careful when you stay here people an staff will STEAL your things an they don't have security camera never again will I stay at this place again. The room wasnt ready at check in then the pool was dirty an a bunch of drunk ppl

• Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank blue2246
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Rooms were not ready at check in time just to start. The room left much to be desired and the safe isn’t bolted to the floor so I was worried about valuables the entire time after reading other reviews saying rooms had been robbed. I would not get in the pool or hot tub they are disgusting and the lazy river looks like a river. The staff couldn’t be more worthless and harassing. I made a complaint and the first shift manager completely ignored me. The beach was great and provided the only saving of my 4th trip to Myrtle Beach. I absolutely enjoy MB and thought id save some money by staying here because when it come down to it the only reason I come to sc is to be on the beach but this hotel has show me to take reviews more seriously. And I haven’t even mentioned the remodeling going on that prevented us from doing whatever we wanted to do and that is because it was the least of the problems with this place! Enough said if you still choose to stay here I will enjoy reading your bad review.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank John L
Reviewed 4 July 2014

My fiancé and I chose this hotel because after looking online at photos, it appeared very nice and well kept. Sadly, we were wrong and the pictures were more than misleading. We arrived to a room that had absolutely no carpet, the floor was filthy and sticky, the smell of the room was that of alcohol and vomit, the walls were dirty and wood had been removed in places where molding at some point was. There was a joining door to the room next door where there was a very loud and abnoxious party going on. There would have been no way what so ever that we would have been able to stay there in peace, much less sleep. The room itself reminded me of an upscale prison room. No decor, only the basic necessities to live. We did not even place our bags down and demanded a refund. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. Keep searching people, don't stop here!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
6  Thank Nothingaval
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I truly hope the managers share this review with the owners because the managers already know that this place needs some help. My family had stayed here for years. This was our last. This is not a family hotel anymore and I believe that is on purpose. They are wanting to change to a younger crowd. Which it is their's to do with what they want but putting a pretty new blue sign on the front just is not going to be enough. The rooms are almost as dirty as the carpet through out the property. The pool area is setup for drinking not family fun (and is also dirty). You are not allowed to bring ANY of your own soft drinks (or even waters) to the pool area because they think everyone can afford to pay $2.50 for a soda at their bar. The fourth air conditioner DID however work. The maintenance staff were all very professional (unfortunately because we got to know each and every one of them). I am sure there are better choices out there. We will be looking for sure.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank mockfletch
Reviewed 2 July 2014

It's a parting motel not suitable for family's. I have emailed them over and over about my only vacation I take a year being disaster. Fire alarms going off at 12:00 at night people screaming and cursing outside your doors . I have even called them no one will call me back.I have waited over 2 weeks no reply from them.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank 1951shejean
Reviewed 1 July 2014

The Hotel is good it has a large pool on the front facing the ocean, it wasn't overly crowded so it was nice. I liked that fact that you can park on the same deck as your room and walk inside right to it. It is very convenient. Its close to the amusement park and within walking distance to everything. The rooms are typical of a beach resort, the only problem was the hard beds and the maid did not clean the room. Beach was great and so was our time there.

Room Tip: Oceanfront is the best choice
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank msdrea32
HotelBlueManager, Manager at Hotel Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review for us. We would like to apologize for any issues you had while staying with us but are glad that you enjoyed being able to park right outside your room. We get mixed reviews on this. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to the beach.