“Very nice stay and convenient location.”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Newberry
Reviewed 9 September 2013

After checking trip advisor for this location before leaving, I expected nothing less than perfection, and I wasn't disappointed. This location was very convenient, right off of I26, on our way to Myrtle Beach, leaving about a 3 1/2 hour drive for the next day. We arrived just in time to jump in the hot tub and have pizza delivered for dinner. We had a suite, which was two queen beds and a pull out couch in one room. The room also had a mini-fridge, microwave, plates, cups, etc. and coffee maker. The room along with the common areas were all very clean and comfortable. The breakfast had your standard fare, cereal, danishes, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, breads and a fancy-dancy pancake making machine, along with juices, milk and coffee. You could get coffee or tea 24/7 in the lobby during your stay.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. My daughter, her husband and 5 month old baby stopped on their way to Myrtle Beach at 5am so they could stretch and feed the baby. The staff had no problem with them coming to our room to rest for a few minutes before getting back on the road. I would recommend a stay here.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Hello PamfromCincy,
First, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry, SC Hotel. I am extremely glad you found that not only the Hotel but my staff went above and beyond to make your stay as welcoming and enjoyable as possible. Thank you for taking the time to also share your experience with others so they know that we are very guest service focused and will do just about anything to ensure each and every guest is taken care of and has everything they need. Hope you have a great time in Myrtle Beach.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Brand new hotel, Exit 76 off of I-26 with plenty of convenience stores, gas stations and restaurants around. Very friendly and courteous staff. Typical HI Express breakfast - fast, easy and a clean dining area. Be aware that SIRI and my iPhone 5 couldn't find this hotel nor the address. I had to use Google Maps and a web search from my phone.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2013

Hello Doug-n-Tricia,
Just wanted to say thank you for giving us your feedback on your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Newberry South Carolina Hotel. I am so glad that you see us as a "New Hotel" however, we are celebrating our 4th year anniversary this month on the 24th. I have an amazing staff that work very hard each and every day and actually take pride in what they do. Thank you for making sure that future guests know how to find us. I have been fighting a losing battle to get our address and location corrected. Maybe with enough comments someone will finally hear us and fix it. Again, thank you for sharing your experience and have a safe trip home.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

My family stayed for 2 nights while visiting friends of the July 4th weekend. The rooms were very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. The kids enjoyed the pool and the common areas were all very clean (breakfast room, lobby restroom and fitness center) I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Very clean rooms and convenient to I-26
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Smiley39,
Hello and so glad that you and your family were with us to celebrate the July 4, 2013 Holiday. Thank you for being our guest and taking the time to give feedback on your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Extra excited we had the pool back up and running in time for your visit and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Looking forward to having you back when you travel this way for future family adventures. Happy Holiday from my family to yours.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

This hotel is right off of highway 26. We drove from New York for grandmother's funeral and were very tired. The hotel looks like it is brand new, inside and out. I was surprised to discover that it is about five years old. The rooms are incredibly immaculate!!! I was pleasantly surprised by the modern décor. The fitness room, pool and hot tub were used daily during my three day stay. I can't say enough about the excellent service we received from Terri at the front desk. She made check in at 2:30 in the morning a pleasant experience. I normally skip hotel breakfasts but this one had a great variety of choices. I had biscuits, scrambled eggs, a banana, an apple and coffee for breakfast. The second day I had fruit, yogurt and coffee. Others were enjoying making their own pancakes.I plan on staying there every time I visit Newberry.-The Cromer Family

Room Tip: Ask Terri for the best room. She will definitely help you!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2013

Good Afternoon Cromer Family,
Thank you so much for letting us know about your experience here with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. I am very sorry to hear about your loss but I am glad to know while you felt right at home here with us. I also wanted to just make a quick correction for the record because we actually opened our doors on August 24, 2009 so we are only going to be celebrating our 4th birthday this August 24, 2013. I am also very glad to hear how Terri took good care of you and will certainly follow up with her to thank her for a job well done. We truly want all of our guests to feel welcome and enjoy their time with us and it is good to know we are on the correct path in creating “Great Hotels Guests Love”. Have a safe trip home and looking forward to seeing you on your next trip – hopefully for a more happy time.

Reviewed 29 May 2013

We generally stay at Holiday Inn Express when traveling and this hotel is the gold standard for them. The hotel is bright and clean. The staff is friendly and efficient. They recognized our platinum status and rewarded us accordingly. A great stop right off the highway! If you are looking for an upscale restaurant in the area try the Steven WS Downtown Bistro, which is excellent.

Room Tip: For an upscale restaurant try Steven WS Downtown Bistro.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2013

2008floridatraveler,
The staff here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel wants to thank you for the wonderful feedback. We work together as a team in order to create “Great Hotels Guest Love”. As the General Manager it is always good to hear that we have done a job well done. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to let us know we are on the right page and we shall continue to reach for the stars. Be safe in your travels and we look forward to having you as our guests again real soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

We just stayed at this hotel last evening (May 24, 2013) on our way to FL for a cruise. We did not have reservations, just needed to stop for gas and this was the closest hotel off the highway. I went in to see if they had a room, cost and if they took AAA. Yes, they had room and AAA.

We noticed there was a couple of groups there and the desk clerk (sorry, don't know her name) gave us a quiet room on the 4th floor. We were very impressed with the room, cleanliness, and space and it was very quiet! The beds were so comfortable and we slept so good!
We had breakfast early, it was good and sufficient, and the cinnamon rolls were delicious:)

As we checked out, I asked the clerk how old the hotel was and she said 4yrs. old! I told her I was impressed at how immaculate every was and she said the manager does not play around and wanted to keep the hotel as nice as they could! Bravo! Other hotels (large, more expensive chains!!) should take notice and take a lesson from this hotel - this is they way to do it!

Next time we come through and the timing is right we will stop again! Thank you to the Mgr. and staff that keep this nice hotel going!

Room Tip: We were in the corner but honestly think all the rooms are probably quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Thank you so much for the kind words and outstanding review! We are very customer service focused and my management team and I do run a tight ship. I am so glad that we were given the opportunity to earn your business. To let you in on a little secret, it is only because I have such a great staff that truly cares about the work that they do, our little Holiday Inn Express & Suites here in Newberry South Carolina is an award winning Hotel. We are looking forward to your next visit with us. Best wishes from my family to yours!

Reviewed 9 May 2013

We choose this hotel because it is smoke free and pet free which makes it very clean with no odors. The rooms are spacious. There is plenty of cabinet space to place one's belongings. The rooms are much larger than Hampton Inn's rooms. My husband likes lots of space so he was elated. The rooms are very quiet, one does not hear noise in the hall. The only noise I heard was the traffic on the interstate, particularly if I turned off the air conditioner. The air conditioner was noisy at times.The quaint city of Newberry is a short drive from the hotel. Hotel staff were always gracious and ready to help with any needs. The breakfast was the usual choices found in most hotels offering complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clare07
newberrygm, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

Good Evening Clare07,
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to give us your feedback. We so appreciate you letting us know what your experience was like here at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Newberry South Carolina Hotel. Very glad we were what you needed and that the room was quiet and spacious so you could relax and be comfortable. Equally glad to know that my staff was always gracious and ready to help. If you can give me a call at 803.321.3955 so I can find out which room you were in so I can have maintenance look at the air conditioner. Come see us on your next trip through our lovely little town of Newberry, SC!
Ambria Lanteigne

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newberry
Hampton Inn Newberry Opera House
#3 of 4 in Clinton
Days Inn Newberry
Days Inn Newberry
#3 of 4 in Newberry

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newberry? Share your experiences!