“Thank God--no more smoking” 5 of 5 bubbles

Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Newberry, South Carolina
“Thank God--no more smoking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I am so thankful they stopped allowing smoking! The food and service is alway really good but the smoking was totally over powering!

The blue plate is always a great deal. Love the salads, burgers, and wraps. They have wonderful soups for cold weather! Make sure you go for hibachi night!!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ADennis1974

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great food and good prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The staff is always friendly and food is excellent. Bartenders are always on top of getting you a drink. Overall not one bad thing I can say.

• Visited June 2013
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good, but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Too much sauce on the BBQ shrimp and grits. I would order this again, but ask them to go easy on the sauce as it overwhelmed the taste of the shrimp.

Visited July 2013
“A little more effort and it would be great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I've eaten here about 5 times. I had a cheeseburger once and if I had to guess it was cooked at a high heat right out of the freezer -overdone on the outside and still pink on the inside. The club sandwich was ok, like a 3.5/5 or so. The bbq shrimp and grits were really good, although maybe a buck or two too expensive. One of my visits included someone in the kitchen yelling curse words at other employee(s), that was unpleasant... I've had a few different well drinks and they're ok, and I like that they have Guiness on draught. I've had mostly good service from a friendly staff. One time there was about a 20 minute gap between my drink order and my food order, other than that the service is pretty good. Overall, I wouldn't go out of my way to recommend it to someone else but if I get sick of my usual restaurants in Newberry I might eat here in a pinch.

Visited June 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Love the lunch.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very good value. Love the Boom Boom shrimp. There was enough in the appetizer just to make a meal.
Split a club with my firned, plenty for both of us.
Restaurant was a little on the chilly side and a little dark for the middle of the day.

Visited February 2013

Been to The Palms Grill and Bar? Share your experiences!