“Best kept secret in Newberry”

The Palms Grill and Bar
Ranked #9 of 47 Restaurants in Newberry
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Cuisines: American
sc
“Best kept secret in Newberry”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We learned about this place from a clerk in a gift shop, and so glad we did. We would have never known it was there. It's off the beaten path, but very popular with locals. My daughter and I meet in Newberry, halfway between her residence and mine. We were eating light that evening, and both ordered the chicken salad croissant, she got a side of fresh green beans cooked southern style.
Both were delicious, and the chicken salad sandwich had enough chicken salad for 3 meals. It was really good salad. The menu there was varied, you could choose from a wide variety of choices. Our server was very pleasant and efficient...wish I could remember her name. We will definitely go there again...it is a great place to meet, and I want to try some of the other offerings the menu had.

• Visited October 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Good food in a small town atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We tried The Palms Grill and Bar on a recommendation from our hotel staff. I would swear that everyone knew everyone else in this place, which was kind of nice. The staff was friendly. Despite the over-flowing parking lot, there were still tables available. The food was good and I thought the prices were quite reasonable. I would recommend The Palms if you're in Newberry. Our hotel is by I-26, and it's less than a 10 minute drive to The Palms.

• Visited October 2013
Georgetown, Texas, United States
“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Ate here several times during our stay in Newberry and definately will again the next time we visit Newberry. Good food, great service. Our server, Billy, was excellent. Had the prime rib one night and it was perfect!

• Visited September 2013
Newberry, South Carolina
“Thank God--no more smoking”
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

I am so thankful they stopped allowing smoking! The food and service is alway really good but the smoking was totally over powering!

The blue plate is always a great deal. Love the salads, burgers, and wraps. They have wonderful soups for cold weather! Make sure you go for hibachi night!!!

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank ADennis1974
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Great food and good prices”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

The staff is always friendly and food is excellent. Bartenders are always on top of getting you a drink. Overall not one bad thing I can say.

• Visited June 2013