Super Inn & Suites Newberry
US$169
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2014

The back of the hotel (where we stayed) faced a run down house with a neglected dog tied up outside 24/7. Then the room was dingy. The light in the bathroom didn't work for the first few hours we were there (while trying to get ready for a wedding). On our way out the door, it randomly came on, so we felt we had to leave it on for the rest of our stay so we would be sure to not have to shower in the dark. The draperies were falling off the walls. The non smoking room stank of cigarettes. And the continental breakfast basically consisted of coffee, juice and some sad looking muffins.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Traveler06232009
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Planned to stay 4-5 days however checked out after the 2nd day. The room smelled horrible when we walked in. Some strong deodorizer and stink combined. The floor was not what you wanted to walk on barefoot. The light fixture was off in the bathroom and on the coat rack. The toilet "moved"... it had been caulked at the base but it was broken loose and tilted if you leaned on it. The 2nd night the tubs soap holder FELL OUT while I was taking a shower!! I guess the steam caused it to fall... with what appeared to be a pint of putty or caulking oozing out! And I mean A LOT of caulking running out! The back of the remote was missing, the batteries fell out when you changed the channel, some kind of stain on the bedspread...we checked out and would not go back. Staff was nice... but we had to move to another hotel.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there is a good room.... I have photo's... lot's of photo's, I couldn't believe it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Beth M
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We booked this room with Choices while traveling as a spot to sleep for the night. Rooms look ok on the internet. We had to be shown to the room as it was around the back facing a cement wall. What a pigsty! The room stunk so badly of cigarette smoke that it came outside the door to meet us before we even entered. The bed was sagging with an old brown worn comfortable on it, the light didn't work so had to use bathroom light to see it, the arm chair was filthy on the ends of the arms and you could see that even in the dim light from the doorway. My husband threw the keys on the counter and told the desk we were not staying. The desk clerk offered to give us a better room. Excuse me, why didn't we have a better room to start off. Maybe because we were using Choice rewards points and he would not be getting money. I blame Choices for that. They should be overseeing the hotels in their chain. This is an unacceptable and frankly I will think twice before I even use the Choices program again. We ended up booking and paying for the Hampton Inn and what a delight. I didn't want to get out of bed in the morning the beds were that comfortable and it was such a lovely hotel. At least Choices refunded the points to my account as I called them immediately. But not until I was trying to book another hotel a few nights later.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeanniemcc
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

We found this place after I discovered our first two choices in town were booked up. Since it was only for one night I thought it would be fine. I was wrong. We were seeing a show at the Newberry Opera house and had less than 30 minutes to get a room and get to show on time. We asked to see the room first. It was dark and one lamp came on when desk clerk switched on lights. It seemed a little smelly but bearable for one night. We paid and went to the show. On the way back to the motel we made a stop at Walmart and I purchased a can of disinfecting spray. I thought this would solve the smell problem. When we got back to the room, I sprayed about half of the can on almost every surface. This seemed to solve the problem. Then I noticed holes in the sheets, stains on the carpet and bed dust ruffle and a stain on the fitted sheet. I covered my pillow with the shirt I wore that day and tried to go to sleep. By 2am even with covering my nose and mouth with another piece of clothing, the smell was unbearable. I woke up my friend and said we have to leave. We left at 3am and drove almost 3 hours in the middle of the night to our destination. It was horrible!!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank shannonp29709
Reviewed 2 September 2013

This place was so dirt and smelled terrible. Staff was rude. The couch was worn and ripped. The sheets were dirty. Everything was out of order. Breakfast was pretty bad, the counters were filthy. Worst part, we woke up covered in bes bug bites. We got to the room late, dropped our bags and headed for the pool(1 mama and 2 kids). We didn't get back until bedtime. Knew the room was kinda shabby...felt like we couldn't leave at that point. By the light of day, I saw how grimy and dirty it all was. Walls were dirty, the floor was beyond disgusting, stiff with caked dirt, almost black in most places.
Would never, ever stay here again.I'd rather face the heat and camp instead.

• Stayed: September 2013