“Little things make the difference”
Review of Sabi Japanese

Sabi Japanese
Ranked #48 of 73 Restaurants in North Augusta
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for the first and last time after a busy work day. Noted very few people in at the time so I could not understand why the manager did not greet customers at the table. seemed aloof and uninterested. Wait staff congregated at an empty table in the front chatting. This did not look professional. Prices were reasonable, however I did not appreciate the notice that if a customer desired an all vegetable plate it was $1.00 extra. Generous portions but average in flavor. One could have had the same meal at the mall food court for less. There was nothing about the meal that would have bested the average home cook. Better cordiality on the part of the manager and professionality of the wait staff, and greater culinary imagination have have transformed this dining experience from ordinary to spectacular .

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Sabi has great food for the price. But everytime I have came here with my 3 year old, the manager has acted like she HATES children. I've also came alone on my lunch break and i watched her tear an older couple a new one for seating theirselves and it wasnt busy it was a tuesday afternoon, whats the big deal?? you still get the money, no matter where they sit. She just obviously has to be in control. The servers are somewhat slow, I have had good and bad, but the manager seems to threaten their lives when it comes to getting extra sauce! I'll pay for it, just bring me extra sauce. I'm just getting annoyed with the manager, so even though the food is great, I may have to quit comig and all my family feel the same way!

2  Thank mtice19
Reviewed 4 October 2008

Great exotic sushi (my husband had an assorted plate of things he'd never even heard of and loved it all) and I love the combo plates which start out with miso soup, then two fried shrimp with the japanese breadcrumbs, and then your main comes with whatever you ordered (scallop, beef, shrimp, fish) zucchini, squash and onions. Very very tasty food and for a reasonable price. You see lots of businessmen sneaking sushi at lunchtime!