“Great food....awesome service!”

Sabi Japanese
Ranked #46 of 78 Restaurants in North Augusta
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I eat sabi almost every week, they have great food and very reasonable prices for the amount of food you get. I have read alot of the reviews. And im not understanding all of the complaints of the manager shh
e is very considering of anything that the customers request but there are rules and regulations anywhere you go...she has trained her servers to be respectful and polite and you can't find that everywhere. Overall it is a great family environment and i will continue To go there.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Was invited to lunch by a friend. Wasn't really expecting great things, but...Let me just say, when you spend the whole time trying to unstick your feet from the floor, this is not a good experience. Food was not prepared on hibachi, but in a kitchen and brought out to you. The food was cold and unappetizing looking. I think the vegetables were frozen, not fresh. I had about 3 mouthfuls and called it a day! I will say that the steak pieces were cooked well, though (I asked for rare), but that is all I can say for this place. Atmosphere was also very dark and dingy, and the lights kept going on and off. Only saw oriental person. The staff was very nice, though, and did not complain that my friend and I spent 2 hours at the booth chatting, since we haven't seen eachother in almost a year. I guess they really couldn't kick us out, though, since there were only 4 other patrons in the place.

Reviewed 26 September 2012 via mobile

We visit this restarunt from time to time. The chicken can either be great or pretty dry. They also have a sushi bar but we have only ordered the shrimp tempura roll. Not sure about the raw sushi. I'm not sure they have the sushi flow to allow for great raw sushi. The service is usually good and we enjoy most visits here. This is also very affordable compared to the myabis restaurant. They do not cook at the table is the main reason.

Reviewed 7 September 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for the first and last time after a busy work day. Noted very few people in at the time so I could not understand why the manager did not greet customers at the table. seemed aloof and uninterested. Wait staff congregated at an empty table in the front chatting. This did not look professional. Prices were reasonable, however I did not appreciate the notice that if a customer desired an all vegetable plate it was $1.00 extra. Generous portions but average in flavor. One could have had the same meal at the mall food court for less. There was nothing about the meal that would have bested the average home cook. Better cordiality on the part of the manager and professionality of the wait staff, and greater culinary imagination have have transformed this dining experience from ordinary to spectacular .

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Sabi has great food for the price. But everytime I have came here with my 3 year old, the manager has acted like she HATES children. I've also came alone on my lunch break and i watched her tear an older couple a new one for seating theirselves and it wasnt busy it was a tuesday afternoon, whats the big deal?? you still get the money, no matter where they sit. She just obviously has to be in control. The servers are somewhat slow, I have had good and bad, but the manager seems to threaten their lives when it comes to getting extra sauce! I'll pay for it, just bring me extra sauce. I'm just getting annoyed with the manager, so even though the food is great, I may have to quit comig and all my family feel the same way!

2  Thank mtice19