“Good value!”
Review of Ming Yat - CLOSED

Ming Yat
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We always get takeout and they pile the food in the box. Their almond chicken is our favorite. They don't have a buffet but they have an extensive menu.

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Picked up a to go meal of house special soup (delicious- light tasty broth with chicken, pork, shrimp, Bob Choi, water chesnuts, carrots, and snow pea pods. This broth was not over salted like most soups). The lunch special was a great pepper steak (red and green peppers, onions, and a great tasting steak) and ham fried rice ($1 upgrade from pork fried rice that came with meal). These two menu items fed my wife and I with enough left over to feed another adult. This is my new go to Chinese place in the Augusta Georgia area. I did not comment on the restaurant interior because I did not go inside since I ordered takeout. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. My order came to just less than $15 for some excellent food.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Place could use a lot more lighting inside, and it's not a place you go for atmosphere. but the food is very good. Egg rolls are good, Sesame chicken dinner is very good, as is General Tso's chicken.

VERY generouse portions at a great price for a sit down meal. this is NOT a buffet.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

This Chinese place is probably the best in North Augusta.
It has been there forever, and places that aren't good don't last long.
The almond chicken, as well as chicken wings are really good.

1  Thank MariaD243
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This longtime fixture in North Augusta just isn't one of those restaurants whose management eagerly checks for online reviews. Why should they? After 30 years of delivering quality food at reasonable prices, Ming Yat has its following of satisfied customers. Our first visit there saw us bringing mountains of food home; the portions are substantial. My husband and I frequently share an entree. You may be tempted to seek out a buffet when your next hankering for Oriental food strikes, but Ming Yat is the way to go. Counterman Simon obviously loves the restaurant business; he always has a quick wit and makes sure this place runs smoothly. Next time you go, be adventurous. . .anything you get is sure to be good!

2  Thank Laneynjim