“Old fashioned food and fun”

Old McDonald Fish Camp
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, View
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Georgia
“Old fashioned food and fun”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

We planned a trip to North Augusta on a Friday so that we could get up and go to the Ridge Peach Festival on Saturday. We came across this place using tripadvisor when looking for a place to eat on Friday night. My husband is more of a fish person than I am so I knew that he would like it. It has a country charm to it. The parking is gravel. There is a windmill, waterwheel, goats and ducks that greet you as you enter. The waitress will take your drink order and promptly deliver it in a mason jar. Instead of a salad bar, you'll find a bar with grits, butter and hush puppies. My husband had catfish but I wanted something milder so I got the flounder. I ordered the "small" portion and there was plenty. If you're looking for a steak, you won't find one here but if you like down home fish then this is a great place. It was a fun experience.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Tammy S

Augusta, Georgia
“A little off the beaten path...but worth the trip!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

The setting is dining next to a lake in bench tables with wide windows. Outside ducks, geese, and other birds wander. Inside a grits and hushpuppie bar is set up . The wait staff was cheerful and fast. And the food...oh my goodness the food! We went in as a group of 4 and ordered the Camp Platter so that we could try everything. A massive amount of food we had 2 take out boxes leaving. BTW Alligator is tasty! But the best part is going outside and feeding the animals. Right now they have roughly 20 baby goats outside. The kids had a blast watching and feeding the animals and we were all rolliung over the antics of the goats trying to get the food. The best part was when as we were leaving one old goat was left and we spent a while feeding him when apparently the rest noticed from the barn and the whole herd came charging over the hill...It was hilarious! We will be going back and taking family and friends to experience!

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank midnite_trouble
North Augusta, South Carolina
“Yum to the Tum”
Reviewed 15 May 2013

I love their food here, and I took my in-laws here and they loved it also.
I have been coming to this place for years, since I'm a native of Augusta, Georgia and live close by.
It has always been delicious, and fun for the kids. My two daughters, one 19 and one 4 both love to feed the animals outside and look at the geese and catfish on the bridge entering the resturant.
I also love the fact that no alcohol is served. This makes it very family friendly.

If you haven't been, it's a must try.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank MariaD243
South Carolina
“Great Family Fun”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

If you want a great place for office party or family night out - this is it. My kids love to go here and see the animals and eat the hush puppies and my staff would not let me have our staff party anywhere else!

Visited May 2013
ATLANTA
“Fun Place to Visit”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I really enjoyed my visit. The grits & hushpuppy bar was great idea and unique experience. The grits were properly cooked and I couldn't help but return for more helpings. I ordered the Perch which was fried just right. It was lightly battered and was tender, flakey and flavorful. I washed everything down with the outstanding sweet tea. The service was excellent. After diner, I fed the ducks and goats which were entertaining.

I look forward to another visit to Old McDonald's Fish Camp in the future.

• Visited April 2013