Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
North Charleston Inn(North Charleston)
Rodeway Inn(North Charleston)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Coliseum(North Charleston)
View Hotel
All reviewslounge areamodern lookoutlet mallindoor poolstayed one nightupon checkminute driveconvention centercharlestonoutletsproswalmart
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My stay at Aloft was great! The food was good, the room was nice, there was also a fitness center, and they even had live entertainment. The front desk associate Tierra was a great help to me and my family. The location is right near the outlets for shopping and also great food places. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Shayla0223
Steven S, General Manager at Aloft Charleston Airport & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Awesome Review! Thank you for your kind words, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass along your review to Tierra. Safe travels, always.

Live. Life. Aloft.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Actually, this is the preferred stop on our way to Florida. Not far off of I95. Best thing about this hotel? Everything. Room size is more than adequate, check-in; check-out a breeze. If you are SPG member-all the better. Rooms were always clean and ready when we arrived. Oh, and the comfort of the bed. Never lost a nights sleep. We love the walk-in shower.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same except you can get a double.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope your travels back to PA were safe! Thanks for the amazing review, we hope to see you next time for more than a night !

Live Life Aloft

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We recently stayed at the Aloft Charleston for 1 night using starpoints. The few reasons I have given this hotel 2 stars instead of 1: They provided me a late check out until 4pm (as required for gold SPG members), the front desk staff was very kind, and the location is very convenient to the airport and local amenities such as the outlets / walmart / starbucks.

However, this hotel desperately needs a facelift to belong in the starwood family. My complaints are below:
• There was a smear of brown “something” on the bathroom door which was disgusting
• There was a dead cockroach on the floor, clearly these rooms are not being cleaned using appropriate protocols
• The ceiling had some sort of water damage and/or mold
• The air conditioning was falling apart and a plastic flap kept falling open
• The breakfast area is unorganized and cramped. There is no direction on what is included in the free breakfast and how guests are supposed to flow through the space

I’ve stayed in several Alofts and know not to expect luxury, however this hotel misses the mark on several basic standards that any hotel should meet. I do not recommend staying here until substantial changes are made.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thanks for your recent review. I am sorry that I did not have the chance to address your issues prior to you departing. These issues are not typical, and we do not like our SPG members to leave with the feeling their stay was not great. The hotel does have an upcoming "fefresh" this winter with the new aloft design. But issues outside of design, we take very seriously and will ensure they are correct. We hope to see you again to prove our service and product levels on your next trip to Charleston.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Starwood should be ashamed to offer this as an option to its members. We were so disappointed. First, the room had no chair to sit in beside the desk chair. The bed was lumpy. I set my cell phone on the desk to charge. Within 15 minutes it was covered in ants. I used hair spray to kill them. I did call for another chair but was told they had none since all rooms were taken. The next day we returned to find two extra sheets sitting on the bed...but no towels in the room. Another call to the front desk. When we awoke the next morning I had to kill a large cockroach in the bathroom. That did it for me. I was so bent out of shape that I didn't say a word when we left for fear of what I might have said. Statehood should return my points.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Michelle G

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I would have like the opportunity to speak with you in regards to your stay, and always urge all guests to let us know during their stay, so that we can correct the problems. These issues are rare at our property, as we have monthly pest control services. Please feel free to contact me in regards to your stay, at your earliest convenience.

Thanks and safe travels always.

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is located in a great location. Shopping is right there, food choices everywhere, and great distance from beach and downtown.
There is only one person at the front desk and pantry which can lead to bottle necks very quickly. The lobby is very modern and inviting. There is ample seating, a pool table, board games, and 2 computers for guests to enjoy.
However, when we were walking to our room one of the kids pointed out the ceilings saying it didn't look like it was finished. An employee assured us that this was a common misconception and that this was actually by design. Sorry, but if it is something people bring up a lot, you might have done the design wrong.
While the hotel is super close to the airport and you could see the planes going over, I actually only heard a plane once. It really wasn't a big deal.
My only other complaints would be the beds looked super lumpy and uninviting (but this too could be "by design") and when we woke up on our last day the ac seemed to be out.
After weighing the pros and cons of everything they seem to come out to average. Not sure we'd stay here again with our kids. Seemed a bit cramped with all of us in the room.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

We are glad you enjoyed your stay, and also glad to hear that the aloft staff explained the ceilings and the design. These design features are done to create the "loft" experience. We are sorry the design was not to your liking, and also will ensure the we discuss this review with our food service staff. Thanks for your review, and we wish you safe travels always.